Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill

Again...HOW? You avoided the question. How is he better? Without pointing out that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. You can't give an explanation without including the multitude of team stats and accomplishments. Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring....is that the criteria for being an incredible QB? Every QB that has a ring is great?

Ok I will try this one last time....by using my eyes, when you watch RW he see's the rush, he knows how to avoid the rush, he is a leader, the team respects him, when the team needs points on a crucial drive he delivers, he rarely turns the ball over, he doesn't get flustered, he has a winning record as a QB and most importantly he MAKES PLAYS......that is why he is a better QB than RT

Nonsense. If Brady gets hurt Sunday, do you honestly believe the Pats OL is going to stop blocking as well? WTF?

You make it sound like any given player will play at the same level whether he is inspired or uninspired. Is that what you believe to be true?

Tannehill is a great athlete playing QB. There have been many good athletes who played QB in the league (Cunningham, Vick, Tarkenton, Newton), but I would prefer a good QB. A good QB will be better than a great athlete in the NFL and have a better chance to make the team a championship team.

If you don't think Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or Brett Favre are great athletes, I would like to know what your definition of a great athlete is? Those fellows all made their teams champions....

I simply asked who you thought would come in and perform in our offense any better and why? Three times now and you deflect every time. I never stated any of the above just wanna hear your "brilliant" opinion on who would be successful and win us more games operating this current offense that we've seen the first four week. Go ahead and deflect some more while not answering because you have no answer.

You say I'm deflecting as if there are no better quarterbacks than Tannehill in this league. So because you seem to not be able to grasp what I've said, here are some of the more obvious choices: Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Rothlisberger, Flacco, Rivers, Romo

I think all those guys would perform better in our offense because they're all better quarterbacks than Tannehill. For some of them, we'd have to adjust the playbook to take advantage of their strengths and minimize their weaknesses, but I have little doubt that every one of them would be able to outperform Tannehill fairly easily with our current personnel. If we expand the list to include quarterbacks who could perform just as well with our current personnel, the list becomes quite a bit longer. Now if you're going to try to make the case the Tannehill has some special ability that puts him above anyone in that group, I'm happy to read your explanation because who doesn't enjoy a good chuckle. In the meantime, enjoy the post and let me know if I can't point out any equally obvious things for you in the future.

You make it sound like any given player will play at the same level whether he is inspired or uninspired. Is that what you believe to be true?

No. I'm saying the QB isn't the source of that inspiration, WINNING is. Also, talent is 1000x more important than inspiration.

You say I'm deflecting as if there are no better quarterbacks than Tannehill in this league. So because you seem to not be able to grasp what I've said, here are some of the more obvious choices: Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Rothlisberger, Flacco, Rivers, Romo

I think all those guys would perform better in our offense because they're all better quarterbacks than Tannehill. For some of them, we'd have to adjust the playbook to take advantage of their strengths and minimize their weaknesses, but I have little doubt that every one of them would be able to outperform Tannehill fairly easily with our current personnel. If we expand the list to include quarterbacks who could perform just as well with our current personnel, the list becomes quite a bit longer. Now if you're going to try to make the case the Tannehill has some special ability that puts him above anyone in that group, I'm happy to read your explanation because who doesn't enjoy a good chuckle. In the meantime, enjoy the post and let me know if I can't point out any equally obvious things for you in the future.

There are two questions. Would those perform better and would they perform enough better to matter? My answers are maybe and probably not.

As soon as the ball hits Tannehill, there is already failure somewhere on the line with someone coming to bury Tannehill. Question now becomes, who failed this time, the right side, left, is the pocket becoming smaller quickly, is someone blazing down the middle or end on a blitz not being picked up? How about giving him at least the average amount of time to get rid of the ball....AVERAGE, not perfect, where he can go to sleep back there like Brady.

Yet last year we say him play behind a crappy o-line as well, and we saw good games and bad games. We even saw games where Tannehill was good one half and bad the other. I'm not sure how that kind of inconsistency falls entirely on the o-line without Tannehill bearing any responsibility.

He also makes it sound like if Brady didn't have great o-lines throughout his career he would be considered just another guy.

Ok I will try this one last time....by using my eyes, when you watch RW he see's the rush, he knows how to avoid the rush, he is a leader, the team respects him, when the team needs points on a crucial drive he delivers, he rarely turns the ball over, he doesn't get flustered, he has a winning record as a QB and most importantly he MAKES PLAYS......that is why he is a better QB than RT
Only four times in the NFC championship game last year and on the very last throw of last season. By using MY eyes I see a QB that is limited as a passer. So is Ryan Tannehill but Tannehill is the better pure passer.

If Tannehill threw four interceptions in a game against a team quarterbacked by Aaron Rodgers, what do you think the score would be?

Tannehill had the same stats as Tom Brady had against the Jaguars this year. The Patriots won 52-10, we lost 20-23. That's just two examples that show it is difficult to judge QB play by wins and losses.

No. I'm saying the QB isn't the source of that inspiration, WINNING is.
So athletes are NEVER inspired by their teammates? I think you've gone down the rabbit hole with that one.

Also, talent is 1000x more important than inspiration.
I agree, but that has nothing to do with what you and I were discussing.

There are two questions. Would those perform better and would they perform enough better to matter? My answers are maybe and probably not.
I think any of the quarterbacks would have us at 3-1 this year. Any of them could have pulled out a victory vs. the Jags. And I think they'd all have pulled it out vs. the Jets who tried very hard to give us that game.

He also makes it sound like if Brady didn't have great o-lines throughout his career he would be considered just another guy.
This year is certainly proving that to be untrue.

So athletes are NEVER inspired by their teammates? I think you've gone down the rabbit hole with that one.

I agree, but that has nothing to do with what you and I were discussing.

I think any of the quarterbacks would have us at 3-1 this year. Any of them could have pulled out a victory vs. the Jags. And I think they'd all have pulled it out vs. the Jets who tried very hard to give us that game.

This year is certainly proving that to be untrue.

I've gone down a rabbit hole?

Most of those guys aren't 3-1 on their own teams, with better teammates.

I've gone down a rabbit hole?

Most of those guys aren't 3-1 on their own teams, with better teammates.

Are you saying that Tannehill is a better quarterback than most of the guys I listed?
By the way, only two guys on that list have as bad or worse record as we do right now, and those teams have played tougher competition than we have. So yeah, rabbit hole.

Yet last year we say him play behind a crappy o-line as well, and we saw good games and bad games. We even saw games where Tannehill was good one half and bad the other. I'm not sure how that kind of inconsistency falls entirely on the o-line without Tannehill bearing any responsibility.

Tannehill bears some responsibility. I don't think many are suggesting he doesn't.

The chuckles you hear are people laughing at your ridiculous posts. I ask this guy several times and finally he answer with these "elite qb's would come and perform so much better......but we'd have to tweek the playbook and take advantages of their strengths and minimize weaknesses"

Again let me ask you the same question since there is some kind of communication problem obviously. WHAT QB WOULD COME IN UNDER THESE EXACT SAME CONDITIONS AND PERFORM BETTER? I'm not asking you which qb could come in and if we maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses bc well hell what a novel idea imagine were the Dolphins would be today had we been doing this since day one with Tannehill.

I do thank you for the laugh tho bc after reading through this thread and the multiple ridiculous post by Junc I didn't think he would be topped but right at the end what do you know you've done it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who would rather have Fiedler or Tanny.. I'd say Fielder in a land slide due to heart and a desire to win despite having one of the worse arms in history.. Tanny gives up when he falls behind and blames the recievers and coaches if you listen to what other team mates and former coaches say. Tanny has the tools by looking at last year stats and other games when they are ahead or are not expected to win, but seems to choke in critical situations, has no pocket awareness, and seems would rather take a sack then to throw it away ala rpg 3. Looks like the fins are in a total rebuild for the next 4 years and that's when tanny's contract will expire and Miami will start drafting qb's in the 1st round in hope of a franchise qb like brees, rivers, or manning which they almost had 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom