Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper: No more excuses for Tannehill

Here is my problem with posts like this. They make absolute claims on intermittent problems and they offer no comparison to other QBs. The implication of these posts are:

1. Tannehill never hit a deep pass, which we know is not true.
2. Tannehill never senses pressure and escapes, which we know is not true.
3. etc.

This particular post lumps fades and timing routes together. Tannehill, IMO, has no problem with timing routes. Fades have not been good this year, but has many have pointed out, fades are a very low percentage throw.

He is called inconsistent a lot, but that claim is almost never (like this one) supported by stats or any kind of comparison to how inconsistent other QBs are. When a post defending Tannehill points out that many of the preferred QBs on this forum have some the exact same issues (supported by facts and professionally written articles), they are ignored.

My other beef is the number of times that detractors of Tannehill claim that he "needs everything to be perfect to succeed". A ridiculous statement because things weren't perfect last season and he performed very well.

I have admitted in several posts that Tannehill has not played as well this season as he played last season. I see no reason to think he cannot get back to last seasons level of play and that level of play was 10-15 in the league under below average circumstances.

Finally, there are several other young QBs playing below their levels from previous years, and I get the impression that none of the detractors feel they should be replaced.

Here is my problem with posts like this. They make absolute claims about things I've either never said or they exaggerate what I said to the point where the exaggeration is wrong.

I agree that Tannehill does, on occasion, hit a deep pass. My complaint is that on the rare occasion when we have a guy wide open deep either because a defender screwed up or fell down that Tannehill often misses those passes thus costing us easy points. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I've seen it too often.

I agree that Tannehill does, on occasion, sense pressure and escape, but too often I've seen him not sense pressure with negative results. I've seen where a blitzer is coming from right in front of him and Tannehill is looking past him and doesn't see him. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I've seen it too often.

people always knock tannehill cuz he's "not the kind of qb that can overcome team deficiencies, put the team on his back, ra ra go dolphins go"

so our potential solutions to those problems....

1) chuck the qb we've spent 3+ years developing to draft a rookie who can hopefully overcome obvious team deficiencie and lead our team to superbowls year in year out

or

2) admit the team deficiencies and do must less drastic changes to fix those....most o line, defensive scheming, running attack, etc.

but i guess if people really think tannehill is as bad as geno smith we should just chuck em.....i don't, and look forward to seeing him get more reps and continue to lead this team. everyone else can keep cryin about it.

Here is my problem with posts like this. They make absolute claims about things I've either never said or they exaggerate what I said to the point where the exaggeration is wrong.

I agree that Tannehill does, on occasion, hit a deep pass. My complaint is that on the rare occasion when we have a guy wide open deep either because a defender screwed up or fell down that Tannehill often misses those passes thus costing us easy points. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I've seen it too often.

I agree that Tannehill does, on occasion, sense pressure and escape, but too often I've seen him not sense pressure with negative results. I've seen where a blitzer is coming from right in front of him and Tannehill is looking past him and doesn't see him. I don't care if you agree with me or not. I've seen it too often.

Do you know what the word "inability " means?

Do you know what the word "inability " means?
I'm reasonably sure you didn't actually think I meant "never," but I could have been more accurate in my wording. This would have been a better choice of words...

In no particular order they are, a lack of pocket awareness, missing wide open receivers deep far too often, poor throws on timing routes and fades, and inconsistency.

I get that some of these guys are disappointed in the play of THill this year. What I don't understand is who they think they could swap out and then be satisfied with that qb's production under these same circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that some of these guys are disappointed in the play of THill this year. What I don't understand is who they think they could swap out and then be satisfied with that qb's production under these same circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear Jesus would be solid, heard that guy can walk on water...

That's hilarious and contradictory. I like to think I give more thoughts than most do. I mean, strictly speaking, Tannehill has done nothing that should lead to people thinking that he couldn't be traded right now. Let alone should be. I'm just still curious as to why anyone thinks that bringing in a new QB with a new coach is going to solve all the other issues existing in this team? I mean seriously? And people think I should put more thoughts to what I post. Yes, lets continue what we've been doing. Plugging and chugging until we find that guy who can play to the level to overcome all of our other shortcomings. Then once that player eventually gets hurt do to our line still being in shambles, perhaps we can revisit this topic and look for the next player to plug into the equation, forever keeping that revolving door swinging...

The correct answer, in case anyone is wondering, is to fix the line before you show Tannehill the door. Otherwise you let a QB walk that you can't even come close to effectively evaluating plus the next guy that comes in is going to be running for his life all the same...

That is why I say :bobdole:

Maybe a different QB makes the line better....

Stay the course folks...ignore the noise...ryan tannehills the best player on the damn team...what i saw today of the qb play just further reinforces it for me

I am no nfl gm but I think thill is just little better than henne. maybe....I give thill 2 year as starter for dolphins. before they go in another direction.

Tannehill being the best player on the team would speak as to why the Dolphins are in their current predicament.

I'm reasonably sure you didn't actually think I meant "never," but I could have been more accurate in my wording. This would have been a better choice of words...

In no particular order they are, a lack of pocket awareness, missing wide open receivers deep far too often, poor throws on timing routes and fades, and inconsistency.

I'm reasonably sure that you wrote it the way you did to intentionally exaggerate the situation.

Here are a few examples of what you consider pocket awareness issues:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101109/2015/REG5/patriots@cowboys#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000554399&tab=videos

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101109/2015/REG5/patriots@cowboys#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000554607&tab=videos

This one is particularly bad. He completely fails to recognize the blitz and does the one thing you simply cannot do, he takes a sack to knock the team out of FG range.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101109/2015/REG5/patriots@cowboys#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000554374&tab=videos

Oh, damn, those are videos of Brady.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Tannehill being the best player on the team would speak as to why the Dolphins are in their current predicament.

I agree, just not for the reason that you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom