Kiper's Updated Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's Updated Draft

Gunner4u65 said:
Without a doubt, Mel mentions that in his reasons fot him moving up and also noted that all of Brown's intangables are the kind of things that Saban looks for in a player ...

Just wondering...How would Kiper know what Saban looks for in a player? Saban didn't use just one running back at LSU...he had two...Broussard, 225 lbs and Addai, 202 lbs. Addai had the hands and Broussard was the hammer. So why would Saban change now....he's not going to depend on one running back to carry the load and thats smart.

fishypete said:
Just wondering...How would Kiper know what Saban looks for in a player? Saban didn't use just one running back at LSU...he had two...Broussard, 225 lbs and Addai, 202 lbs. Addai had the hands and Broussard was the hammer. So why would Saban change now....he's not going to depend on one running back to carry the load and thats smart.

Because of Saban's book and the words that has come from his very own mouth at press conferences ... Saban looks for certain kinds of players and has mentioned them enough times for everyone to know what type of player that he likes. Its not rocket science or any kind of "insider" information.

MelbournePhin said:
well, brown can be both the hands and the hammer

That would go against what Saban has done in the past...besides it's better to have two options than one. I think Morris will be the hammer...so look for the hands.

Gunner4u65 said:
Because of Saban's book and the words that has come from his very own mouth at press conferences ... Saban looks for certain kinds of players and has mentioned them enough times for everyone to know what type of player that he likes. Its not rocket science or any kind of "insider" information.

I have Saban's books too....but I also read the rosters...and watch the games...and Saban doesn't use one running back options.

Gunner4u65 said:
If you guys have ESPN insider, you can see his post combine Mock. It now has us taking Brown #2 overall.

Giunner would you send that info to my E-Mail please ?.I dont have Kiper's service.

cruncht@gmail.com

BTW Nice work on the column.:)

fishypete said:
I have Saban's books too....but I also read the rosters...and watch the games...and Saban doesn't use one running back options.

I never said he didnt ... and if anything, the fact that Brown has played in a two back system his whole college career, flourished, and not griped about it, only enhances the idea that he is a Saban type player. Which, IMO opinion, is why Mel Kiper feels Brown in a Saban guy. Dont forget, Kiper is not saying its gospel, everything you read in the press is still an opinion, no matter how hard they try to make it sound otherwise.

fishypete said:

Yeah and Steve Spurrier never ran the ball and look where he ended up. Besides, Saban is a defensive coach and will leave the heavy lifting to Linehan. And just because Linehan never used 1 RB doesn't mean he wouldn't have glady taken one.

CrunchTime said:
Giunner would you send that info to my E-Mail please ?.I dont have Kiper's service.

cruncht@gmail.com

BTW Nice work on the column.:)

You should have it now, and thanks, I have written my post combine column, it should be posted in a few days. I think we volunteer columnist are being let go though. They are now charging money for their services and want to go with "professional" writers. We can still submit columns but I think I am going to look for a venue to post my columns ... do you know any sites that take volunteer columns?

Gunner4u65 said:
You should have it now, and thanks, I have written my post combine column, it should be posted in a few days. I think we volunteer columnist are being let go though. They are now charging money for their services and want to go with "professional" writers. We can still submit columns but I think I am going to look for a venue to post my columns ... do you know any sites that take volunteer columns?

Sorry to hear that.www.kffl.com is looking for volunteer columnists.There are others who escape me.Will let you know.Thanks for the e-mail:)

I would love Brown with the 2nd pick of the draft. I think he's the most complete back. He's got the hands, the speed, the power, the awareness, everything. Would be a great pickup IMO.

Gunner4u65 said:
The reasons I lean towards Brown is because 1. He is bigger than Benson, 2. is a proven receiver out of the backfield, 3. is as fast as any of the top three & 4. fits the profile of the type of back that Linehan perfers in his system.

Not to mention he is a class act. People have said that he couldn't beat out Williams for the starting tail back position but that just isnt the reason he wasnt a full time player. It was selflessness on his part & Williams' part. They both agreed to share the job which to me, showed the kind of character that Saban likes. All this smack about Brown not being talented enough to beat out Caddy is pure rubbish.

That being said, will I be disapointed if we draft either of the three? Yes, a little if it isnt Brown, because he is my choice, but, I dont think we would regret drafting any of them.

Ronnie Brown is bigger than Benson, but he's not more powerful than Benson.

Ronnie is also faster over a longer distance than Cedric, but Cedric is the more explosive back. To explain that, let's say you have two guys with a stop watch. One is clocking them both in the forty, while the other is clocking them at 10 yards. Ronnie Brown will outlast Cedric over the 40 yards, but Cedric will be at the 10 yard mark faster than Ronnie.

That explosion is the difference between a runner seeing a hole, getting to full speed within two steps, and getting through the hole and a runner that sees the hole, gets to full speed in four steps, and has the hole close on him.

I'm not saying any of this to deingrate Ronnie Brown in any way. I like him as a complete running back prospect.

Gunner4u65 said:
Was it my info? Sorry if I taboo'd:shootself

:smackhead

I totally misread your post. I thought it said something to the effect of "if you have ESPN Insider, can you post his Combine Mock".

You did it by the letter. I just can't read tonight. :nono: I did find it odd that you would be asking for something like this. :lol:

Hostile7 said:
He also adds he's waiting till march 23rd to see the numbers Benson puts up at his Texas pro day. Will be fixed soon enough.

By fixed, you mean locked, i.e., no way we draft Benson instead of Brown. Your right.:)

Back
Top Bottom