Kiper's Updated Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper's Updated Draft

We want RONNIE

ronnie_brown-1.jpg

Saban4prez said:
and that we will want a versatile running back. one who can catch, run, and run over people all in the same play.
we also need a back who can mysteriously block for himself, because our O-line (returned from last year!) sure as hell won't help him out.

KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown is bigger than Benson, but he's not more powerful than Benson.

Ronnie is also faster over a longer distance than Cedric, but Cedric is the more explosive back. To explain that, let's say you have two guys with a stop watch. One is clocking them both in the forty, while the other is clocking them at 10 yards. Ronnie Brown will outlast Cedric over the 40 yards, but Cedric will be at the 10 yard mark faster than Ronnie.

That explosion is the difference between a runner seeing a hole, getting to full speed within two steps, and getting through the hole and a runner that sees the hole, gets to full speed in four steps, and has the hole close on him.

I'm not saying any of this to deingrate Ronnie Brown in any way. I like him as a complete running back prospect.

I completely understand your arguement and trust me, I wont be disapointed much if we take Cedric, but, I still love the way Brown fits Linehans offense. To me, Benson is the kind player Wanny would pick for his prefered style of offense ... and I have seen enough of that kind of philosophy for the time being :cooldude:

Gunner4u65 said:
If you guys have ESPN insider, you can see his post combine Mock. It now has us taking Brown #2 overall.

Yeah, he joined Scouts Inc. in that projection. They had already moved him up prior to the combine.

Benson just doesn't measure up to Browns Size/Speed combination, or in average yards per carry.

PhinDude88 said:
I guess the combine really helped out Brown alot.

Yeah i guess the public opinion changed his... how noble......this is why i hate kiper, he is nothing more than a guy who feeds the public what they want to hear.

Gunner4u65 said:
If you guys have ESPN insider, you can see his post combine Mock. It now has us taking Brown #2 overall.

I never understood why people don't share the PW to sites like this. Pay to be informed? Maybe being raised by a father that was a political prisoner makes me go out on the limb here and say thats kind of "fidel-ish". I know something you don't know, I take paypal for those interested. :shakeno:

fint0xicated said:
I never understood why people don't share the PW to sites like this. Pay to be informed? Maybe being raised by a father that was a political prisoner makes me go out on the limb here and say thats kind of "fidel-ish". I know something you don't know, I take paypal for those interested. :shakeno:

Well another part of the problem is while it sucks for someone to try to make you pay for information over the internet like this....there also are enough people that continue to pay them month after month to keep them afloat.

If everyone stopped paying for this crap then we would see the extinction of this pay for everything on the internet. No people pay for information online. They pay to play games online (after they already paid $30 - $50 for the game). :shakeno:

Myself personally...I love gaming and I love sports news. Will I EVER pay for either of them online? NO!

FinzManiac said:
Well another part of the problem is while it sucks for someone to try to make you pay for information over the internet like this....there also are enough people that continue to pay them month after month to keep them afloat.

If everyone stopped paying for this crap then we would see the extinction of this pay for everything on the internet. No people pay for information online. They pay to play games online (after they already paid $30 - $50 for the game). :shakeno:

Myself personally...I love gaming and I love sports news. Will I EVER pay for either of them online? NO!

It's funny, because it's true. What's funnier is everything online is free. I just tripped out on the " If you guys have ESPN insider" part. :lol:

Whatever, as soon as C.Benson does his private workout Kiper will say we will draft him #2 overall. I think Kiper should stick to evaluation and thats all. Where is it written that he is known as a prognosticator? I think this is where I lose respect for the guy. I love reading his evaluations but then I don't want to read where people will go because Kiper doesn't know squat about the teams he thinks will draft these players. Just what he hears reported on ESPN. He is a college guru not an NFL guru.Just tell us who is good coming out of school and where they rank on the board and stop trying to predict who will take them.

Hostile7 said:
Follow him wherever he goes... haha

If we don't then we don't. I have no control over it, and if Saban wants someone else (whether its a QB, RB, WR, whatever) then it's fine. Right now, I'm supporting Benson because he's the best there is in this draft IMO.

How can you say that about Benson...the scouts and experts are basically torn between the two, with a slight edge to Brown. Besides, there is a more sound reason for Brown over Benson if we go RB at #2...

Benson is a power runner with either poor hands or untested hands, however you want to put it. Linehan wants quick, route running backs that can run draws and catch out of the backfield. He doesn't want a between-the-tackle runner, which Benson is. Linehan wants his backs to provide pass protection in his vertical game, which is Benson's weakest area (again, could be from not being asked to do it at Texas, but a weakness none the less). Brown fits all the areas that Linehan wants in a back right now, without any questions about catching or blocking. The knock on drafting Brown is that we have his clone on the roster right now...(Gordon). Not quite as talented as Brown, but very similar in stature and strengths as RBs.

All this said, I would take Brown over Benson but let me go on record as saying that if we had the opportunity to draft Benson 3 years ago, RW posts would not have been taking up space on this forum...Benson is the perfect back for NTs offense. I would be fine with Benson as our back and feel that Linehan could adjust his offense to fit that type of back.

I still think trading down for add'l picks is our best option...of course that takes a partner and that's a whole other thread...

feelthepain said:
Whatever, as soon as C.Benson does his private workout Kiper will say we will draft him #2 overall. I think Kiper should stick to evaluation and thats all. Where is it written that he is known as a prognosticator? I think this is where I lose respect for the guy. I love reading his evaluations but then I don't want to read where people will go because Kiper doesn't know squat about the teams he thinks will draft these players. Just what he hears reported on ESPN. He is a college guru not an NFL guru.Just tell us who is good coming out of school and where they rank on the board and stop trying to predict who will take them.

Look when many of these mocks started coming out, we didn't have Linehan as our OC..that SHOULD have changed the opinions of these "prognosticators". Benson, while a tremendous back, doesn't fit Linehan's offense. Brown does...Look, they'll have to change again if we get a RB in FA or trade...so, lets just relax and see what shakes out come April 20th, then you can guess better who we might take.

Back
Top Bottom