Kippy, Chan or Norv have never been the problem.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kippy, Chan or Norv have never been the problem....

Wanny said it himself that he made some calls OVER Norv when it came to play calling. Probably like throwing the ball with 3 minutes left in the 4th, on first down from our own 10 yard line, when we have the lead, instead of handing it off so RICKY WILLIAMS. To me it's Wanny, he just needs to make better decisions offensively when the game is on the line. The question is, when will he??

The worst/best case scenario is that Miami goes 4-12...fire Wannstedt...bring in a better coach...get a high draft pick and proceed to kick the crap out of the Pats starting in 2005.

However, that doesn't give me much to hope for in 2004. :(

Originally posted by Mondo_Man
In fact, I offer more proof as to why we will not be successful next year because of Wandstedt (unless he seriously relenquishes control).

In 6 years with the Bears, here are his stats:

pts off. yards offense
1998 25th 21
1997 28th 27
1996 26th 22
1995 8th 10 (only good year; but defense sucked 9-7 team)
1994 24th 26
1993 24th 28

WHY DID WE RESIGN THIS FOOL I ASK?

Past performance does not and cannot prove future performance. Just ask a stock broker.

Also, given his record in Cleveland Belicheck never would have gotten a chance in NE.

Past performance does not and cannot prove future performance. Just ask a stock broker.

Also, given his record in Cleveland Belicheck never would have gotten a chance in NE. [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you read the first post that started this thread?

Anyways, just look at last year for God's sake, that's not so far in the past that you've forgotten.

By the way, in the stock market you do look at trends to make calculated risks or to not make them. Thus why I looked at his Chicago career and his Dolphin career. I see a trend with Wanny and that is to sell him off...GET IT?

Originally posted by phinphanbill
That 8th overall in scoring is deceptive for 2001, too. Isn't that the year Olindo Mare set the record for field goals in a season?

That actually was in 1999.

The most disturbing thing to me is this

QB- Marino (12 TD 17 INT) to Fiedler (14TD 13 INT)
HB- J.J. Johnson/Collins (972 yds) to Ricky (1372 yds)
WR- T.Martin (1037 5 TD's) to Chambers (963 11 TD's)
TE- Goodwin (55 yds) to McMichael (598 yds)

and the offense is statistically WORSE??? huh? wha'??

Thats cause the league is better now then it was then the players are faster and more coaches are willing to open it up just not ours

Originally posted by Brad528
Thats cause the league is better now then it was then the players are faster and more coaches are willing to open it up just not ours

Huh? Remember the Run & Shoot from the 80s and early 90s? How about the offensive powerhouse that was the mid to late 80s Dolphins? There is more parity now; but I can raise some serious arguments about the league being better then than now.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Yes...most of the regular downs and all of the critical ones...he said so himself.

I believe he said critical downs which he is not first coach to do so since most HC make the crucial desicions.

True, and I want to have a HC that I can TRUST in critical downs. With Wanny....well you know...read my signature....

Kinda sad when you're longing for the days of Kippy Brown...:(

It's like deciding one turd is better than the other because it doesn't smell AS bad.

Originally posted by Brad528

how many sb's have wide open offenses won? one, and the rams barely won that, and it was because of their defense that they won that game. balance on offense and a great defense is the recipe for title, not throwing it all over the place. in case you didn't notice, all of those air it out teams are at home right now watching two of the most boring and conservative teams in the league.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man
I just don't see any proof for Wandstedt to change. He has been the same coach his whole life and he will continue to do what he thinks is right. Unfortunately, he's never been a "winner" and thus I have no confidence in him at all. It's ok to be conservative; but at least have balls and a killer instinct. Jimmy is conservative but always had that instict to know when to go for it on 4th down, etc.

i agree, go over the middle and not down the sideline! when we changed that, guess what? we kicked butt. pass on first, run on second and mix it up baby. dont be gunshy. JF was not the reason we did not have gusto. it was coaching that did not have gusto. JF had plenty of gusto, but he ran the plays he was given.

Back
Top Bottom