Kippy, Chan or Norv have never been the problem.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kippy, Chan or Norv have never been the problem....

Originally posted by Mondo_Man
Did you read the first post that started this thread? [/B]

Yes. what's your point. I was only commenting on your statement that old stats from another team 'prove' what will happen.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man Anyways, just look at last year for God's sake, that's not so far in the past that you've forgotten. [/B]

The offense lacked the talent. Blame Wanny for the player selection. The team already has and has taken that job away.

Originally posted by Mondo_Man By the way, in the stock market you do look at trends to make calculated risks or to not make them. Thus why I looked at his Chicago career and his Dolphin career. I see a trend with Wanny and that is to sell him off...GET IT? [/B]

Yes but the trends do not PROVE that something will happen, which is what your post stated.

After all the back and forth and arguing over how Norv didn't have the talent, or Jay sucks, or the OL had injuries, or Norv is too conservative, etc, etc, etc. I decided to do some reasearch on the subject specially since Kippy Brown is mentioned in the same breath as Olivadotti (remember him?)

In 1999, Marino had the worst statistical year of his career (not counting the year he tore his aquilles). Damon Huard stepped in and did pretty freakin' good. Here are those stats:

Marino 12td 17int 55%comp rate 67.9 rating
Huard 8td 4int 57%comp rate 79.8 rating

Despite Marino sucking and having a talentless young qb in Huard, the Dolphins were 13th in scoring and 21st in overall offense. This was J Johnson's last year.....hmmm Wandstedt time:

2000 scoring 16th overall offense 27 Chan Gailey
2001 scoring 8th overall offense 24 Chan Gailey
2002 scoring 12th overall offense 24 Norv Turner

All I know about Kippy brown is that when it was 4th and 10 he would run the ball when it was 3rd and 1 he would call a play to throw a long pass he piss me off more than once. I would whether have Gailey or Turner there anytime than to have Brown.

The underlying point I was trying to achieve with this post is that WANDSTEDT is the only common denominator during 4 OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS careers here in Miami and the offense has always studdered.

I think this is more than a mere coincidence and I think that this trend will continue next year because it wasn't any different when he was in Chicago. I could be wrong; but you can't teach an old dog new tricks, right?

I meant 3 OC, sorry. I'm already counting on next years failure too soon. oops!

The underlying point I was trying to achieve with this post is that WANDSTEDT is the only common denominator during 4 OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS careers here in Miami and the offense has always studdered.

I think this is more than a mere coincidence and I think that this trend will continue next year because it wasn't any different when he was in Chicago. I could be wrong; but you can't teach an old dog new tricks, right?

You're point is taken. The question is - Is the lack of performance due to the lack of talent or the head coach's conservative influence?

You seem to imply the latter since you are assuming that the trend will likely continue next year. I think it is the former and that the changes in the front office will help get more talent for the offense. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom