Knicks trade Davis and his crackpot wife for Jalen Rose and 1st rounder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knicks trade Davis and his crackpot wife for Jalen Rose and 1st rounder

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is it just me, or did the Knicks get a steal here? Davis is a 37 year old averaging 5 points per game. Rose IMO is a much better player, yet the Knicks get a 1st round pick as well? The Knicks will probably have two top five picks in the draft....Imagine if they end up with Redick and Morrison :eek:

The Knicks made a HUGE steal. Isiah Thomas actually made a great trade for once.

Typical Isiah deal, trade an expiring deal for a longer one. Neither player will get any playing time and I assume the pick is lottery protected. The Raptors had to do this so they can sign someone to a max deal next year. This is the offseason where they have to do something to convince Bosh to stay.

Ferretsquig said:
Typical Isiah deal, trade an expiring deal for a longer one. Neither player will get any playing time and I assume the pick is lottery protected. The Raptors had to do this so they can sign someone to a max deal next year. This is the offseason where they have to do something to convince Bosh to stay.

What makes this thread good for the Knicks is the draft pick. Now the Knicks will have two lotto picks and if they really want the top guy, then they can just trade them. It's more about the future then present I think.

How much money will Isiah have tied up next year in old, declining players ? Doesn't he realize that it doesn't matter that Jalen Rose is a superior player than AD because both teams aren't going anywhere this year or next.
They need to build for the future, trading for a 34 year old SG making 16.9 M a season will not benefit the Knicks, it's just less cap room to play with. To his credit, he did get a 1st rounder, although it's Denver's pick so far from a lottery pick.

As for the Raps, this is clearly a cost cutting move that will help the Raps resign Mike James and get some help for Bosh down the middle this offseason.

Ace88 said:
Now the Knicks will have two lotto picks and if they really want the top guy, then they can just trade them. It's more about the future then present I think.

Keep dreaming Knicks fans. Hope is about all you have going for you.

Ferretsquig said:
Keep dreaming Knicks fans. Hope is about all you have going for you.

Can you not see? It clearly shows in my sig that I'm a Rockets fan, not a Knicks fan. I could careless about the Knicks, but I like that deal.

HysterikiLL said:
Is it just me, or did the Knicks get a steal here? Davis is a 37 year old averaging 5 points per game. Rose IMO is a much better player, yet the Knicks get a 1st round pick as well? The Knicks will probably have two top five picks in the draft....Imagine if they end up with Redick and Morrison :eek:

Knicks traded their pick this year (which might be #1) to Chicago.

Normally Isiah would get blasted for that, but this is a "weak" Draft coming up so no loss really. Even if it ends up being a Top 5 pick.

This pick the Knicks acquired is the ONLY 1st round pick they have for this upcoming draft. And it might be lottery protected.

Ferretsquig said:

Actually Davis is an expeiring contract. And Rose will be expiring NEXT year. So Isiah only gains a year. Plus, next year Rose with an expiring contract will have trade value to a contender!!!

Jalen Rose will not have any trade value to a contender next year. He has dropped off the edge this year and he won't get better playing for the Knicks and getting older. Some team may take him just to free some cap room but Rose is done being a valueable bench option, he can't shoot or play D..

Pros:
Rose is done and is expected to make 19 million next year!
Rose is making 17 million this year
New York is covering 3 Million of Davis 10 million contract
Weak draft this year and Toronto is giving Denvers pick
Antonio Davis contract is up this year so we will have money to resign(Bosh, James)

Cons:
Davis might not want to play for us even though he had his best years here
We might have to buy him out or let him sit out the season
We lost a veteran that was familiar with our younger team might slow down developement of younger players
WE lost a first round pick even though the draft is weak according to people, analyst and sources

Toronto has been looking to dump Rose's salary. It's a cost cutting move for the Raptors, who need alot of help. As much as the Vilanueva pick was criticized on draft day, I think Bosh and him are two players that Toronto can try to build around.

MikeO said:
Knicks traded their pick this year (which might be #1) to Chicago.

Normally Isiah would get blasted for that, but this is a "weak" Draft coming up so no loss really. Even if it ends up being a Top 5 pick.

This pick the Knicks acquired is the ONLY 1st round pick they have for this upcoming draft. And it might be lottery protected.

Yea its no big deal to give up a top 5 pick, especially if youre a talent deprived/salary heavy bottom feeder team like NY:rolleyes2 . I mean Im sure there arent 5 good players in the next draft. Didn't Isiah even lottery protect his 1st rounder? Every other GM does this...

MikeO said:
nope the pick is from denver and will prolly be in the 20

finfansince72 said:
Yea its no big deal to give up a top 5 pick, especially if youre a talent deprived/salary heavy bottom feeder team like NY:rolleyes2 . I mean Im sure there arent 5 good players in the next draft. Didn't Isiah even lottery protect his 1st rounder? Every other GM does this...
they gave up next years to which might be the draft oden comes out

Back
Top Bottom