Knicks trade Davis and his crackpot wife for Jalen Rose and 1st rounder | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knicks trade Davis and his crackpot wife for Jalen Rose and 1st rounder

Funny thing is if they "tanked it" and got rid of all the overpriced talent they would make gobs of money. If they had a payroll the size of the Heat they would save almost 100 mil in salary and luxury tax payments. Somehow I doubt the decline in seats sold would touch that dollar figure.

This was another stupid move by Isiah. He is the worst business man known to business. There was an artice in the Daily News yesterday with basically every owner in the CBA saying how horrible of a businessman Isiah is. He's desperate and if Knick fans don't start protesting for him to be fired, then they're heartless!

You guys are gonna love when he trades for THEO RATLIFF sometime this wek!

Only Isiah trades for Jalen Rose when we already can't find enough PT for Richardson, Marbury, Crawford, and Robertson. Only Isiah trades and expiring contract for one that pays an average player 16 mill next year. I am so sick of Isiah walking around Madison Square like his **** don't stink with his Napoleon complex stinking up the joint. This guy can draft, I'll give him that but after that, he sucks as a front office guy. After this trade, I am done with Isiah and the Knicks. As long as he is in charge I could care less about this team because they are not going to get better with the way Isiah thinks as a GM. It's been 5 years since the Knicks have had a winning season yet Isiah and company refuse to re-build. 5 losing seasons is usually part of a re-building project but not with the KNicks, with the Knicks it's just "let's keep adding over priced players and keep losing." I went to the Lakers game the other night when they came to town and I cheered for Kobe because that's how little I think of Isiah and most of the current players on the roster. He needs to be fired asap. If Dolan doesn't pull the trigger soon, we'll lose Larry. At the end of the day, he's our last hope so we cannot afford to lose him. Isiah must go and I will not root for the Knicks until he is gone. Giving Jerome James 30 million to sit the bench, trading all of our first rounders for Marbury and Curry, trading Kurt Thomas for Richardson (who doesn't play D and his offense consists of sitting behind the 3 point line chucking them up), I mean the list goes on. These aren't even bad moves, THEY'RE HORRIBLE MOVES. It's time for the fans at the Garden to stop showing up so there can be a point proved about the direction of this team and franchise!

by the way, I love LB but he needs to take blame for playing way to many different line-ups and players. Yesterday when he narrowed the roster down the Knicks were very competitive (even had a chance until Jalen Rose decided to be hero and take a shot with a 6'10 rock solid PF in his face) but most of the time he plays 12 players and the team is a mess to find consistancy. He needs to suck it up and let the guys know who is in and who isn't. It's time he buckles down and starts playing those who deserve and letting the rest rot on the bench!

they got two first round picks one from denver and one from the spurs but those will be at the tail end of what looks like to be a weak draft

MikeO said:

This wouldn't surprise me. Do the Knicks have any expiring contracts to offer back. The best part about this potential move and the Rose deal is that it means less minutes for Frye. The kid is a bum rookie and Larry Brown knows where those players belong, the bench..:lol:

MikeO said:

Ahhh I hope not. :tantrum:

Now, as for my take on everything, just a tidbit, I think its appaling the amount of playing time Lee has been getting, or shall I say, not getting. Atleast he fights for rebounds and plays some defense.

wazzy said:
I hope the Knicks can do something with the talent they have because they are in cap hell and there is no chance they can rebuild or sign any big free agents and Isiah usually doesn't make to many good trades. I feel sorry for the Knicks if Brown can't turn this team around and thats sad when a Raptors fan feels sorry for you right now!
don't feel sorry for them they got by far the highest payroll in the league it really is mind boggling how much money has been put into that team

GreenMonster said:
This wouldn't surprise me. Do the Knicks have any expiring contracts to offer back. The best part about this potential move and the Rose deal is that it means less minutes for Frye. The kid is a bum rookie and Larry Brown knows where those players belong, the bench..:lol:

Are you talking about the same Channing Frye? That kid is gonna be a stud.

Yea I also didn't understand the Frye comment. He's one of the few (if not the only :lol:) brightspot on the Knicks

I don't think anyone could put the Knicks' disastrous situation any better than Bill Simmons:

The Bobcats have 13 wins and the Knicks have 14 wins. According to hoopshype.com, Charlotte's 2005-06 payroll is $33.4 million, while New York's payroll is $125.9 million. Not including team options on younger players, Charlotte has $21.8 million in guaranteed salaries committed for 2007; $14.2 million committed in 2008; and $0.0 million in 2009. New York's guaranteed money looks like this: $110.3 million (2007); $49 million (2008); and $45 million (2009). Also, the Bobcats kept all their first-round picks through the decade, while New York gives Chicago its 2006 lottery pick and switches first-rounders with the Bulls in 2007 (with the Knicks getting the lower pick).

To recap: For that one extra win, the Knicks spent four times as much money, killed their cap flexibility through 2009 and gave away any chance of having a top-five pick in the next two years.

Oh yeah, and don't forget, much of the hope for the team lies in three talented rookies who the coach refuses to play consistently even though it would take an act of Congress for this team to get into playoff contention.

What more does Zeke have to do to get fired?

Section126 said:
Are you talking about the same Channing Frye? That kid is gonna be a stud.

I was being sarcastic.. Awful move, they have a stud rookie playing well and they trade for a player that will surely take some more of Frye's minutes when they slide the lineups around. Frye's #'s per 48 mins are outstanding, when he learns to play some defense he will be a real force. Playing with a another gunner like Rose just means less and less touches for Frye.. I am with you guys on Frye, gonna be a player for a while, why not play him, they ain't winning anything but a high pick for the bulls this year..

GreenMonster said:
I was being sarcastic.. Awful move, they have a stud rookie playing well and they trade for a player that will surely take some more of Frye's minutes when they slide the lineups around. Frye's #'s per 48 mins are outstanding, when he learns to play some defense he will be a real force. Playing with a another gunner like Rose just means less and less touches for Frye.. I am with you guys on Frye, gonna be a player for a while, why not play him, they ain't winning anything but a high pick for the bulls this year..

I agree with you...That kid Frye really impresses me...I would start him and play him 40 minutes a night to get him some experience..

phunwin said:
I don't think anyone could put the Knicks' disastrous situation any better than Bill Simmons:

The real embarrasing thing is that not only do the Bobcats have a payroll thats less 100 mil they are more fun to watch as well. You just have to root for guys like Brevin Knight, Okafor, Felton and May in the status of the ultimate underdog. I really think if NY went that way, playing Nate, Frye, Ariza, and Lee there would be a lot more excitement about the team and its future. Fire Isiah and Brown, bring in some young exciting coach, and just have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom