Knight Lowers Demands | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knight Lowers Demands

i agree with dr. astrozoom: this defense needs a big hitter back there. it's been a while since the fins have had a safety who instills fear.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Ok. I can live with you thinking that. But know this, i'm basing my comments on a.) actually having coached him, B.0 Having watched him play, C.) having timed him, D. ) watching how the Saints did the exact same to Ricky Williams last year.

I don't think most informed people would agree with you. Nor would the Pro Bowl or League office that tracks who is doing what statisitically.

Mike, I hope you understand that I think we should sign Knight. I was only arguing your own objectivity in assessing his skills.

Anyway, Ive gotta go, It was nice butting heads with you. No hard feelings I hope :cool:

Originally posted by Surferosa

I agree with this Phinfan. The funny thing is im not against signing the guy, especially at a low price and with Freeman in the mix.

Knight is an upgrade over Freeman the same EXACT way that Junior is an upgrade over Rogers. Niether one of them is Ricky Williams, but both make the team better than it was when they got there. To say he's a risky player is accurate in the same way that Sam and Patrick are risky players...but neither they nor he would be considered risky "signings" for the money we're paying them. Honestly, I think everyone here is saying the same thing...just in different ways.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Knight is an upgrade over Freeman the same EXACT way that Junior is an upgrade over Rogers. Niether one of them is Ricky Williams, but both make the team better than it was when they got there. To say he's a risky player is accurate in the same way that Sam and Patrick are risky players...but neither they nor he would be considered risky "signings" for the money we're paying them. Honestly, I think everyone here is saying the same thing...just in different ways.

Knight was a lot riskier three weeks ago, when it looked as if Freeman would be signed by another team asan RFA and Sammy was asking for a large signing bonus. Under the current conditions, it seems like a much safer, sounder move.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
Knight, 27, was a Pro Bowl starting strong safety in 2001 but didn't play well in '02 and the Saints refused to meet his asking price of between $3 million and $4 million per year

Maybe he didn't play to his full potential in '02 because being a Saint was sucking the life out of him (See Ricky Williams)...

Originally posted by WisconsinFan
Saint Greg just came up with a plethora of objective sources citing his lack of recovery speed and vulnerability to spread offenses. Do you want more?

I would also like to remind you that "source" is a Milwaukee,Wisconsin paper and wrote by BOB McGINN who has a BAD history of not reporting all of the facts or taking comments very poorly out of context. I just wanted to let you guys know that before you read to much into it.

great post Greg. thats all ive been saying this entire time. Can't believe everything one reads.

Give Sammy Some Love Dolfan!

Originally posted by Surferosa

"For the record, Sammy ran a 4.89 at the combine. Nonetheless, my opinion of his speed is not based on a 40 time but rather his speed on the football field. "

Did he only run one 40 at the combine? Did he get no opportunities to run for anyone else. What were those times.
Don't make the mistake of thinking a forty time on one day means alot. For example, did you know Sammy's weight when he ran that forty? After all he'd been moved at USC to WOLB.....could that have slowed him? Did he have any injury at the time. Seems to me I remember something about an ankle injury causing him to go undrafted. You may want to check up on that if you are going to believe it. But I agree. Field speed is what is important. In other words, is he making big plays and not giving big plays up right? I agree.

.......................................................................................................
"I agree. I was being facetious. Dont take every word so literally, man. :cool:"

Sorry, It appeared as if you were using that to add credibility to your comments. It obviously wasnt the case so I pointed it out.
........................................................................................................

"None of those are FACTS. "Sammy isnt slow" is a fact? "Sammy also isnt fast" is also a fact? Those are subjective opinions. How can that be fact? How is "leading the league in big plays" a fact? He went to the pro bowl once, I'll give you that :) "

Actually, that is wrong. The NFL does keep track of a stat known as "Big Plays".....all the teams hold a very high priority on that stat too. Sammy Knight has led the League for Big Plays among both SS and FS for 3 straight years. If you are not a stat freak or a coach, you wouldnt necessarily know it. So yes.....it is an absolute statisitical fact that Sammy knight lead the league in "Big Plays".
........................................................................................................

"Saint Greg just came up with a plethora of objective sources citing his lack of recovery speed and vulnerability to spread offenses. Do you want more?"

Yes, and another poster also added another post on the tail end of his threads stating sources cited can be in error "often".

Originally posted by WisconsinFan

I would also like to remind you that "source" is a Milwaukee,Wisconsin paper and wrote by BOB McGINN who has a BAD history of not reporting all of the facts or taking comments very poorly out of context. I just wanted to let you guys know that before you read to much into it.

.........................................................................................................
"According to most of the league actually, until Ricky proved em all wrong. :cool:"

Sammy Knight will prove them wrong too......Both were labeled by the Saints as being slow. It amazes me anyone would care what they spew. They are only trying to do damage control over losing a Pro Bowl defender on an already poor defense. Same with Ricky on Offense last year.:

ANYHOW.....IT'S ALL GOOD, DON"T WORRY ABOUT MY INTENSITY ON THE KNIGHT ISSUE. I UNDERSTAND I'M A KNIGHT HOMER. YOU GUYS WILL BE TOO IF WE GET HIM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
He also added another post on the tail end of his threads stating the sources cited as being in error "often"
:lol: :lol: :lol: No that was me that said it.. ;) :tongue:

Mods, is there any way we can merge these Knight threads until more actual news comes out? Not trying to squelch discussion, but I'm getting a headache from following three different threads.

Well Ricky did looked slow at N.O but that was due to his weight.He was asked to gain weight in N.O and Sammy Knight always been on the slow side but he makes plays on the football field and that what counts.

slow or not....hes a play maker period. Our defense didnt score many points last year and i feel that if sammy was to come on board our defensive TDs would benefit from that

Great point AstroZoom...

I am starting to lose track, especially since half these threads aren't even about Knight anymore.

Back
Top Bottom