Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

I'm guessing our numbers and his are not close at this point. He better be careful or he'll be begging someone to take him come June for league minimum.

They probably told him to get your best offer and bring it back and we will maybe match it. Miami probably made an offer, his agent probably phone back to Denver with it and they probably told him they would match or come close to matching. That's what I am thinking happened

probably ;)

A pretty good fa back....but get one of the top five rb in draft

If he isn't rushing to sign with Miami, this could be good. Maybe it means that Hickey is not prepared to just throw money to recruit him and the goal is to pick up a quality RB in the Draft. I have no doubt that Moreno is a better RB than Daniel Thomas, and so a modest offer was probably made. However, if it's a buyers market, then it is smart to not over-pay and try to squeeze. It is clear that Denver consider Moreno expendable, despite his best season.
I expect that we have some good prospects lined up in the Draft. Maybe Bishop Sankey or Carlos Hyde?

Disappointing. Moreno would be a major help in the passing game

Front office has said they are looking for value in free agents at this point. Sounds like what we are willing to offer doesn't match what he wants to get paid. He could come back if he doesn't find better compensation elsewhere. Otherwise I think we look at the position in the middle rounds of the draft. Clearly we are not looking to invest a lot of cash in the RB position, nor should we.

For those interested in Blount, he is gaining interest from the Steelers and Ravens. i think he will sign with one of those two.

LeGarrette Blount is slated to meet with the Steelers on Sunday night, but Pittsburgh isn't the only team lurking around the former New England Patriots back.

Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun reported Friday that the Ravens "also have interest" in the runner and plan to monitor his market as free agency heads into its third week.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...lount-per-report?campaign=Twitter_atl_sessler

How about 2 years for 5.5 mil for Moreno. Maybe some incentives to go higher to $6 mil. Based on what Tate got, that seems right. Tate got two years and $7 mil.

Back
Top Bottom