Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

He's better than the girls we have playing the position right now.

Yeah, why wouldn't he? They're contenders.

As is KC but Albert choose Miami. Money talks and we have no idea if the Bronco even want him back so who knows. He may still be a Dolphin.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I thought they were going into next season with Montee Ball being the starter?

have they said that ?

Maybe on account of the professional respect for buttfumble6, he's gonna wait to see where he ends up - in hope of catching his pinpoint accurate, well timed passes out of the backfield. (so long as it's not an extra wide Canadian field or in an Arena :idk:)

I'm thinking Fishy's right.. he's gonna try to get a counter-offer from Denver and Hickey is thinking that if he doesn't come down on his asking price, maybe he'll take a look at the other 2 or 3 more expensive obvious available RBs and try to negotiate. Bottom Line: if he walked out without accepting an offer, he's not gonna sign with us IMO and it ruins Hickey's perfect closing streak too.

I'm crossing my fingers for Buffalo or New England :hysterikill:

Congrats to the mighty Mercer Bears on their upset of Duke. i live on college st a couple blocks from the school

The youngsters gonna be partying tonight:brewskis:

As is KC but Albert choose Miami. Money talks and we have no idea if the Bronco even want him back so who knows. He may still be a Dolphin.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

have they said that ?

I had seen some info that was talking about Montee Ball needing to mature/improve quickly but I can't find the article now.

IMO if he doesn't sign it's not a big deal, if he signs for a fair price why not. End of the day I believe hickey wants to draft his own rb, and I hope it's either tre mason, Jeremy hill or sankey

If he can be had on a club friendly contract grab him. If not, move on to LB, MJD or draft. I like L Miller but we need a bull.

I thought this was curious...on Evan Silva's twitter there was this comment from an "AFC executive in personnel" about how running backs are a dime a dozen. I wonder if that AFC exec was someone from the Dolphins organization, especially since we just had Knowshon Moreno in Davie today. It may indicate they're not worried about the position, and also think highly of Knowshon. If the price is right, we may sign him, but only for a good price.

A guy like (Denver's) Knowshon Moreno is still sitting out there," an executive in personnel for an AFC team said this week. "It's such a replaceable position. The supply and demand is favorable to the club. History shows you you don't have to spend (a lot)."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...worth-3165-million-b99229794z1-251347841.html

IF Miami signs him, whatever the numbers end up being it essentially will be a 1 year deal where the Fins can cut him after a year. Like the Finnegan contract I am guessing. I mean nobody invests in vet RB's long-term anymore. The #1 RB on the FA Market Tate only got 2 years $7 mill. Moreno won't get that. Year 1 Moreno won't get more than $3.5 or 4 mill guaranteed and that's about it.

I thought this was curious...on Evan Silva's twitter there was this comment from an "AFC executive in personnel" about how running backs are a dime a dozen. I wonder if that AFC exec was someone from the Dolphins organization, especially since we just had Knowshon Moreno in Davie today. It may indicate they're not worried about the position, and also think highly of Knowshon. If the price is right, we may sign him, but only for a good price.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...worth-3165-million-b99229794z1-251347841.html

They pretty much have the same opinion on the position I do....

Rotoworld reporting Moreno left without a deal.

Oh well. Glad we didn't overspend if that's the issue.

Not sure why he'd price himself out of the market but if so **** 'em.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Rotoworld reporting Moreno left without a deal.

Oh well. Glad we didn't overspend if that's the issue.

Not sure why he'd price himself out of the market but if so **** 'em.

He was probably offered a deal, he will take it back to Denver and the Broncos will match it and he will stay in Denver. THAT WAS HIS PLAN ALL ALONG! He wasn't leaving Denver and Peyton and a Super Bowl team. He used Miami to get more money from Denver.

They probably told him to get your best offer and bring it back and we will maybe match it. Miami probably made an offer, his agent probably phone back to Denver with it and they probably told him they would match or come close to matching. That's what I am thinking happened

Back
Top Bottom