Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

I still like the potential of miller, he had a few runs that got you to your feet, BUT, we need to have a capable o-line for any effective running game. He is also not very good off first contact. The best guy we had after contact was Charles Clay. Working in the right direction, Moreno will add another element to the new offensive system, which has me liking a Miller, Moreno and a draft pick (Carlos Hyde?) getting their share of touches.

yea, i still think Miller could be good. Im not gonna judge him too harshly based on 2013. I understand the need to see if there's upgrades out there, but i would be fine with Miller/Thomas again. At the same time, I do want someone else to come in & compete. So, I'm tossed...wouldnt be upset either way.

Oh ok. I read $3-4 M for Moreno. Daniel Thomas is a FA after this year so even if we don't cut him, you need to replace him. There is no market for running backs so if we can do it for a reasonable price (which is likely), we should pull the trigger and cut Thomas now.

I would be ok with 3 mill a year. Thomas can stay or go this season, I could care less. He won't play anyway if we get Moreno.

For me it comes down to this. Moreno > Thomas. Thomas isn't getting much better. Stop ago for a year or two and improve a position. If you can get slightly better somewhere do so. Doing that over and over can be the difference between 8-8 and 10-6

If he goes unsigned Hickey needs to get more production out of the running backs they currently have or from the draft.

Dolphins just announced he visited. Though it looks like he left without a deal. Shame.

I'm not completely against signing him but only for a very reasonable, stopgap/mediocre offer. Pure speculation on my part, but I take this to mean he wants too much $$

I wonder if something gets done by the end of the weekend.

We shall see. i saw on PFT that Blount was visiting Pittsburg so he may be off the market soon and the price wont get cheaper down the road.

Why would any runningback want to sign with Miami when our line is in the current shape it is in. You cant sign here for cheap and expect to have a breakout season where you will get paid the following year. Given the teams current situation the only reason a runningback would come here is for #1 money or #2 an opportunity. If you are a rb who has the ability to sign elsewhere if Miami didn't pay what you want then you will sign elsewhere because the chances of a rb having a great season on this team is slim to none.

Anytime a team has the potential of adding a player from one of the two most recent Super Bowl participants that is a plus. The Miami Dolphins explored that option today with running back Knowshon Moreno.

The former first-round draft pick of the Denver Broncos visited with Miami today at the Doctors Hospital Practice Facility in Davie, as new General Manager Dennis Hickey continues to make his mark in the offseason. He came out of the gate fast at the start of free agency by signing or re-signing six players – left tackle Branden Albert, defensive tackle Earl Mitchell, cornerback Cortland Finnegan, guard Shelley Smith, safety Louis Delmas and defensive tackle Randy Starks.

Now Hickey is turning his attention back to the offensive side of the ball by taking a look at Moreno, who is coming off of his best season as a pro. The 5-foot-11, 220-pound New Jersey native led the Broncos with 1,038 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns on 241 carries for an average of 4.3 yards per carry and also caught 60 passes for 548 yards and three touchdowns.
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...Dolphins/d84ba582-fa50-479a-b70f-93823d68197f

Nooooooo. Moreno is not that good! **** if we sign him we won't draft a real rb.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom