Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m

Dolphins pursuing Broncos free agent tailback Knowshon Moreno. Deal could be done later today

ESPN and NFL Insider Chris Mortenson are reporting that Moreno is expected to sign or at the minimum reach and agreement before the close of business today!

Lets go Hickey and Philbin! Moreno is a hell of a pass protector and he can run the ball to the endzone!

It's very possible this is a false report. It was originally posted on twitter quoting Chris Mortenson. Mortenson never said this to my knowledge, or at least in print.

I don't think so. Miller offers the speed which Moreno and Thomas does not. Miller just needs to stop thinking so much and just play.

We will still draft a running back because we are not sure if Miller will play to his abilities or if Moreno can stay healthy for a full season.

when? and who are we going to cut?

ESPN and NFL Insider Chris Mortenson are reporting that Moreno is expected to sign or at the minimum reach and agreement before the close of business today!

Lets go Hickey and Philbin! Moreno is a hell of a pass protector and he can run the ball to the endzone!

Yes!!!!.Can Miller get us a decent OL In a trade?.

when? and who are we going to cut?

You don't need to cut anyone until training camp. Let them all compete and may the best player(s) win. If Moreno is truly the better player it should not be a problem for him to show it and with a new OC, everyone will be starting from the beginning so there will be no catching up needed.

It's very possible this is a false report. It was originally posted on twitter quoting Chris Mortenson. Mortenson never said this to my knowledge, or at least in print.

I saw/heard it from the house's mouth. Mort was just on Sportscenter and said those exact things.

You don't need to cut anyone until training camp. Let them all compete and may the best player(s) win. If Moreno is truly the better player it should not be a problem for him to show it and with a new OC, everyone will be starting from the beginning so there will be no catching up needed.

not when will we cut someone. when will we draft them? if we sign moreno and draft a back what round will we do it?

As I said in the other thread I would love to be able to get one of the top backs in the draft. With that said, you can't ignore what Moreno did last season in Denver. Over 1,000 yards rushing and 13 total touchdowns. Plus he is a decent sized back(220 pounds), and we need that.

I can ignore it considering he never faced more than 7 in the box and when his former QB was setting records left and right, defenses weren't focused on the run game. I believe it was just a fluke season.

I can confirm what Mort said, he was on SC earlier today.
Now Mort's accuracy is another story.

I can ignore it considering he never faced more than 7 in the box and when his former QB was setting records left and right, defenses weren't focused on the run game. I believe it was just a fluke season.

That's what troubles me as well but if he does sign I'll be his biggest fan.
Still need a power guy but him and Miller should be a good combination and I do like his pass catching and blocking ability.

:bobdole:

Don't like it.

Call it the perfect storm.

Moreno steps up his game on: 1. Contract year 2. Peyton Manning at QB scaring every D into full time pass coverage.

If this goes down I hope its a one year small deal.

he replaces DT, it's a good move if he splits carries with Miller. Moreno is a very very good pass blocker, protecting Tannehill has been the focus this offseason and that is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom