Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

Nobody is saying the dude is a top 5 back in the league. But cmon folks...you watched what the dolphins put out there at RB. Daniel Thomas is bad...like a RB version of Phillip Wheeler bad. Moreno is an upgrade...Im not breaking the bank for him but Im guessing it would be a reasonable deal.

and Robert Horry has more championships than LeBron/Wade combined. Step back and evaluate whether Moreno was the man who made things easier for others or whether hes just another guy who was a product of his environment.

Moreno had more rushing touchdowns than Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Frank Gore and LeSean McCoy. Are we going to assume that he is a better RB than those guys or are we going to look at the fact that he was running behind a decent O line, with a near elite #1 WR, a elite slot receiver, a very good #2 receiver, and a break out TE with a hall of fame QB. You're fooling yourself if you don't think theres a dozen or so guys that could have produced the same if not more in that same situation.

How is that a fair comparison? James and Wade aren't the same age as Horry was. Horry was also a role player in a sport where it's possible to be a role player. The NFL isn't the same thing.

You can assume all you like with scenarios where a dozen guys could've produced the same if not more in that same situation. I prefer to mention reality-based statistics that show Moreno had 2 less TDs in his rookie year than Miller/Thomas have had in their entire careers.

283 carries is far from splitting time, has to be in the top ten in the NFL. I'm nt against the guy but, would prefer to give Miller another shot.

From everything I have seen, Hickey did not want a vet RB, and was gonna draft one. Now, perhaps because of his inability to add to the OL, and fans being disappointed, he appears to be changing from what he has said. Good to adapt, bad to have to. JMO

Moreno had 241 rushes which was 13th in the NFL.

Moreno will be a good addition simply based on his pass blocking. Raise your hand if you know just how awful our RBs were in pass pro last year. Can't live with that. We need an RB and he has to be a vet, as rookies can't block, it's the thing they're least able to do well.

Moreno had more rushing touchdowns than Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Frank Gore and LeSean McCoy. Are we going to assume that he is a better RB than those guys or are we going to look at the fact that he was running behind a decent O line, with a near elite #1 WR, a elite slot receiver, a very good #2 receiver, and a break out TE with a hall of fame QB. You're fooling yourself if you don't think theres a dozen or so guys that could have produced the same if not more in that same situation.

So you blame a running back, or take away credit from one, because Denver signed/drafted players who are good? That isn't fair to him or any RB in that situation. Besides, running backs that are successful benefit from good OL play and WRs/TEs who can block/catch passes can't they?

Let's take a look at the guys you mentioned. Moreno didn't have more rushing TDs than Peterson (they tied at 10). But Peterson had 38 more carries and was the focal point of Minnesota's offense and for Moreno to match his TD total is something to look at.

Matt Forte. 48 more carries and roughly 300 more yards. Good numbers for him. Multiply Moreno's ypc and the 48 times he rushed less and he would've finished with about 100 yds less than Forte. Forte is a good RB.

Frank Gore. 35 more carries and 90 more yards. Everything you said that takes away from Moreno's season can be said for Gore right? Mobile and good QB, good TE in Davis, good WRs in Boldin and Crabtree. Also one of the best defenses in the league.

Lesean McCoy. Top 3 RB in the league IMO. He can run and catch. His 1,607 yds on the ground showed how valuable he is in Chip Kelly's system.

To conclude, I'm not saying Moreno is a Top-5 RB. What he is though is an upgrade over Miller/Thomas. If we could agree on that then alright. If Moreno gets hurt again, lean on Miller and a rookie RB that Miami still drafts (which is what I want them to do).

Per @mortreport on NFL Insiders It will be a surprised if Knowshon Moreno is not signed by the #Dolphins by days end

According to @mortreport the feeling around the league is that a deal will get done between the #Dolphins and RB Knowshon Moreno.

If Im not mistaken Mortensen is represented by CAA the same agency that represents Moreno, he is getting it straight from Moreno's agents.

I dont see the negative in this move, we have money, hes better than Thomas, hes still young (26), he just accumulated 13TDS total, can pass pro, and can catch outta the backfield. He may have been assisted by Manning's presence, but that does take away from the fact hes capable of being a productive back with a good Oline, and decent QB play.

Per @mortreport on NFL Insiders It will be a surprised if Knowshon Moreno is not signed by the #Dolphins by days end

According to @mortreport the feeling around the league is that a deal will get done between the #Dolphins and RB Knowshon Moreno.

If Im not mistaken Mortensen is represented by CAA the same agency that represents Moreno, he is getting it straight from Moreno's agents.

He also just mentioned on NFL Insiders that Moreno would be a fool to walk out of Miami without a deal today because there are many RB's in the Draft and still several in FA still on the market. I just hope this means we do not overpay.

Ireland screwed the pooch by letting Reggie, who wanted to stick around and probably would have been flexible, walk out the door. We lost an explosive runner and receiver out of the backfield. Moreno, rated by PFF in Dec as the 10th worst after-tackle for yardage inside runner might not have that breakaway explosiveness but he does have the ability to keep defenses honest with his hands. Beyond that, unlike Reggie, - or Miller and Thomas for that matter, he can block - and IMO, effective blockers like Fasano and Polite could have helped to compensate for the swiss cheese dysfunctional OL in its different iterations that we fielded in '13. I'm all for him coming aboard. Anyone who cries over the magnitude of the moment when the Star Spangled Banner is played, feels things intensely and is unlikely to just go through the motions. Hopefully he will play with that brand of intensity in our backfield. :up:

So you blame a running back, or take away credit from one, because Denver signed/drafted players who are good? That isn't fair to him or any RB in that situation. Besides, running backs that are successful benefit from good OL play and WRs/TEs who can block/catch passes can't they?

Let's take a look at the guys you mentioned. Moreno didn't have more rushing TDs than Peterson (they tied at 10). But Peterson had 38 more carries and was the focal point of Minnesota's offense and for Moreno to match his TD total is something to look at.

Matt Forte. 48 more carries and roughly 300 more yards. Good numbers for him. Multiply Moreno's ypc and the 48 times he rushed less and he would've finished with about 100 yds less than Forte. Forte is a good RB.

Frank Gore. 35 more carries and 90 more yards. Everything you said that takes away from Moreno's season can be said for Gore right? Mobile and good QB, good TE in Davis, good WRs in Boldin and Crabtree. Also one of the best defenses in the league.

Lesean McCoy. Top 3 RB in the league IMO. He can run and catch. His 1,607 yds on the ground showed how valuable he is in Chip Kelly's system.

To conclude, I'm not saying Moreno is a Top-5 RB. What he is though is an upgrade over Miller/Thomas. If we could agree on that then alright. If Moreno gets hurt again, lean on Miller and a rookie RB that Miami still drafts (which is what I want them to do).

I actually clarified some things in my next post which just got buried I guess.

I am more than willing to admit that Moreno is better than Miller/Thomas, all I'm saying is that Moreno to me is just another guy and should be paid as such. Hes had durability issues and his lone good season came playing behind the best passing offense the leagues seen in a long time.

I also made the point that people shouldn't expect TOO much. Moreno isn't going to touch last years stats and its not because he'll be worse, the situations are just different. So if he were to come here and have 6 TDs on the year I wouldnt want to come on here and see "Moreno had 13 TD in a contract year and of course after we pay him he only brings in 6 smh bum".

To conclude, yes he makes us better. No his stats don't show who he really is. Yes, I love the signing as long as we don't expect him to play like or pay him like he is an elite back.

I actually clarified some things in my next post which just got buried I guess.

I am more than willing to admit that Moreno is better than Miller/Thomas, all I'm saying is that Moreno to me is just another guy and should be paid as such. Hes had durability issues and his lone good season came playing behind the best passing offense the leagues seen in a long time.

I also made the point that people shouldn't expect TOO much. Moreno isn't going to touch last years stats and its not because he'll be worse, the situations are just different. So if he were to come here and have 6 TDs on the year I wouldnt want to come on here and see "Moreno had 13 TD in a contract year and of course after we pay him he only brings in 6 smh bum".

To conclude, yes he makes us better. No his stats don't show who he really is. Yes, I love the signing as long as we don't expect him to play like or pay him like he is an elite back.

I see what you typed now. Not one person here thinks he's going to get 1,500 yds and 13-15 TDs. He'd be a quality signing in a position that Miami needs better production at. If he signs a 2-3 year deal at a few million per, sign him up.

Back
Top Bottom