Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

NE is interesting with backs. They let Green-Ellis go. Now seem to be letting Blount go.

Personally, I like Blount too because he would bring a power element to go with Miller. Of course Hickey knows Blount so he must have his reasons.

In favor of an upgrade regardless of how that happens....Sign a guy, draft a guy, have Dr. Moreau craft one on his island....as long as they can pass block and hit the hole hard I will be happy.

Moreno is an upgrade for sure...so if we sign him you wont here me complaining. That said...maybe the fins are pretty high on a few backs in the draft and couldnt guarantee Moreno a starting spot or starting money. For example lets say they are high on Tre Mason and take him in the 2nd....guess what Moreno's touches just got a huge dent in them.

I think some of these guys like Moreno and MJD will wait out the draft but who knows

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Moreno is an upgrade for sure...so if we sign him you wont here me complaining. That said...maybe the fins are pretty high on a few backs in the draft and couldnt guarantee Moreno a starting spot or starting money. For example lets say they are high on Tre Mason and take him in the 2nd....guess what Moreno's touches just got a huge dent in them.

I think some of these guys like Moreno and MJD will wait out the draft but who knows

Seriously guys, We have so many holes to fill we can't draft a high end back in first two rounds possibly first three. Moreno if at the right price is a good back and can teach how to block in the passing games to the younger players. He taught several of the UGA guys when he was there. Hickey needs to focus on the OL and LB's and a quality secondary SS type for the long run.

This^^^ oline and lb and maybe one more playmaker te should be the priority come draft day

Seriously guys, We have so many holes to fill we can't draft a high end back in first two rounds possibly first three. Moreno if at the right price is a good back and can teach how to block in the passing games to the younger players. He taught several of the UGA guys when he was there. Hickey needs to focus on the OL and LB's and a quality secondary SS type for the long run.

W dont need to draft a RB that is gonna get 200+ carries. Miller is still gonna be there and get the majority of the carries. All you need to draft is a power guy to tandem with him. A 4th or 5th round guy is all you really need.

W dont need to draft a RB that is gonna get 200+ carries. Miller is still gonna be there and get the majority of the carries. All you need to draft is a power guy to tandem with him. A 4th or 5th round guy is all you really need.

I was surprised that we went after a RB who is basically the same type as Miller. Maybe the team is not very high on Miller or, wants to keep the same kind of player (run and receive) splitting snaps, and go with a short yardage FB type for short yardage. To be honest, I'm not quite sure of what Hickey is looking for.

I was surprised that we went after a RB who is basically the same type as Miller. Maybe the team is not very high on Miller or, wants to keep the same kind of player (run and receive) splitting snaps, and go with a short yardage FB type for short yardage. To be honest, I'm not quite sure of what Hickey is looking for.

Honestly if Hickey had any say in who got drafted or gave a strong input, RB is the position i trust Hickey at most. TB had Martin, he goes down they have Mike James who was great in his short time before injury, then they scooped up Rainey in FA who went on a tear.

My guess on going after Moreno was more as a receiving RB because Miller was less than spectacular at that. I still like Miller and i wanna see how his game turns around once they get some solid blocking for him to burst through holes.

Honestly if Hickey had any say in who got drafted or gave a strong input, RB is the position i trust Hickey at most. TB had Martin, he goes down they have Mike James who was great in his short time before injury, then they scooped up Rainey in FA who went on a tear.

My guess on going after Moreno was more as a receiving RB because Miller was less than spectacular at that. I still like Miller and i wanna see how his game turns around once they get some solid blocking for him to burst through holes.

You don't go after a receiving RB wh ran the ball 283 times last year.

I think the thing they liked about Moreno was the pass protection, he was much different than Miller in that respect

I think with Moreno it's more about pass protection than anything else. Miller and DT are awful there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

When he has more than double the reception your current RB has and almost as many as your playmaking TE you get him for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom