Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

I spoke enough on this the other night but the guy brings 1 big element that people are over looking. he worked and played with P Manning the last 2 years so he at least know what it takes to work to be perfect!!!

I'm pretty sure he'd do better than the last RB we got from the broncos.......Bobby Humphries(SP) anyone remembers him?

Ozzy rules!!

Miller is good RB. Needs chances and faith from Joe.

This is a lazor guy as Lazors offense needs a good pass catcher and pass blocker at RB. I still rather draft RB in round 2 or 3 but if Moreno is signed dont know if that will happen. I would rather draft RB high but looks like we need to draft 2 OL high in draft right now. None of our RBs on the roster are good pass catchers or pass blockers. Gillislee may be the best short yardage back for his size. We still dont have a 3rd and 2 guy.

Tre Mason I wish I wish I wish!

This is a lazor guy as Lazors offense needs a good pass catcher and pass blocker at RB. I still rather draft RB in round 2 or 3 but if Moreno is signed dont know if that will happen. I would rather draft RB high but looks like we need to draft 2 OL high in draft right now. None of our RBs on the roster are good pass catchers or pass blockers. Gillislee may be the best short yardage back for his size. We still dont have a 3rd and 2 guy.

Tre Mason I wish I wish I wish!

If you want a back that can receive, Tre Mason is not your guy in this draft though to be fair.

Here's some more on Moreno from Barry Jackson

### Moreno is a productive back coming off his best season (1038 yards rushing, 4.3 per carry, 10 rushing touchdowns, 3 receiving touchdowns and 548 receiving yards playing behind a good offensive line and with a Hall of Fame quarterback).

But the metrics suggest he’s not clearly better than Miami’s other backs in breaking tackles.

Last season, Moreno averaged 2.0 yards after contact, which was tied for 39th among 55 backs, according to Pro Football Focus. Who was he tied with? Daniel Thomas, whom Moreno presumably would replace. Lamar Miller was 31st at 2.1.

### Moreno broke or avoided 21 tackles --- the same number as Thomas and one more than Miller, despite having considerably more carries than both. Those 21 were 29th most among running backs. Seattle’s Marshawn Lynch, conversely, had 75 broken or avoided tackles.

### Moreno doesn’t break a lot of long runs, either. He had five carries of 20 yards or more, which tied for 17th, but needed 241 carries to do it. Miller and Thomas each had four such runs in substantially fewer carries --- 177 for Miller, 109 for Thomas.

### Moreno’s 4.3 per carry averaged tied for 21st among 55 backs. By comparison, Miller averaged 4.0, Thomas 3.7.

### PFF ranked Moreno eighth among all running backs as a pass blocker. For perspective, Miller was 33rd, Thomas 34th.

### Moreno had only one fumble in 241 rushing attempts last season. He’s young (26) and coming off his best season, albeit in an offense loaded with talent. He’s a more proven back than Thomas and a Miller/Moreno tandem would be serviceable at the very least and potentially much better than that, depending on blocking and other issues.

Keep in mind that Miami has signed every player who has visited since the official start of free agent. (D'Qwell Jackson visited here before free agency and got an offer but signed with Cleveland instead.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would sign Moreno and cut Diane Thomas in a heart beat. And I would draft Carlos Hyde in round 2, and Wilder in 5-6
Moreno - Hyde - Miller - Wilder

We will love his pass protection, especially with a line that will take extra time to gel..

I don't get the Moreno hate, very good pass blocker and looks to have improved on his fumble issue. This would be a good pickup, he's also an effective
Pass catcher out of the backfield.

He's a solid #2 RB. I'd love it if we sign him.

Not sure he's tough enough for the Phins locker room!
[video=youtube;LoF7TqehY8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF7TqehY8U[/video]

That video is awesome.

[video=youtube;-PhyiRNiIXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhyiRNiIXo[/video]

not a highlight video but good vid about knowshon. i don't think he will leave without a contract.
[video=youtube;_thFvLf7bfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_thFvLf7bfA[/video]

Back
Top Bottom