Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

Sign moreno trade thomas to Pittsburgh for a late rounder and draft another back to compete for the future RB spot with Miller....any agree?

Well, we certainly could do a lot worse than Moreno, he did have a nice season in 2013. I still think an early to mid round RB is a better or additional option.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is that 224 yards of his 1038 last year were against the patriots!!
[video=youtube;-PhyiRNiIXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=-PhyiRNiIXo[/video]

Let's not forget who that QB was playing in Denver last year. Not to mention they actually had some receivers for Peyton to trow to. We do not have the receivers or Manning. Get us some receivers for Tanny to throw to and it may open up the running game.
We need receivers. I wish so bad we moved up and took Evans or Watkins. That would set us up for a long time, and someone to grow with Tanny.

Strong Leader, if he can stay healthy He'll be an upgrade and a stop gap. Wouldn't mind tre Mason in rd 2-3 though

This is/was the obvious and best move. He helps keep Tannehill out of the dirt, is a reliable check down option, and has a nose for the endzone in close. And he is in his prime. He and Miller can be a very dynamic 1 2.

A + signing when Hickey gets it done tomorrow.

Agreed on waving bye to Thomas and keeping Miller. Need a back to compete and a fairly good runner and blocker like Moreno is necessary.

I'm ok with selling the franchise and kicking the tires on KM. IF he's reasonable on his contract demands, maybe. But that's a big IF. I think we are looking for a vet RB to pair up with a mid-round RB in the draft this year. One or two of our other RB's are gone come April.

When you have a Qb like Manning its a little easier to run when teams are focused on the pass. How much success was based on Qb play?

He had the 3rd most rushing TDs in the league and tied with Adrian Peterson with 38 less carries. He also didn't fumble in all 241 of his snaps. He had the 6th most catches and the 5th most yards receiving by a RB last season, you can certainly attribute that to Manning.

I'm just saying people shouldn't ignore his previous three seasons where he was too injured to play 16 games, or that the ONLY season he (barely) broke 1000 yards rushing was on one of the highest scoring offenses of all time with one of the the greatest QBs of all time, AND a multitude of weapons on that offense (Welker, Julian Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Decker, etc) making it impossible for defenses to focus on stopping the run.

I have the utmost confidence that his numbers last year were artificially inflated, vs. a guy like AP that gets it done every single year, by himself, with little to no help from the QB or any other position. And yes, I know you weren't trying to say he is in AP's class

Am I the only one who wants to actually see Gillislee get some touches? Get a big bruiser in FA or the draft, and lets roll.

I read in one of the articles he was the 8th ranked RB last yr at pass/blitz protection. Miller and Thomas were in the 20's or 30's for comparison. I would take him on the cheap for this reason alone. Plus he is only 26 (I thought he was much older), and since he supposedly wants to play here we should hold the leverage and get a good deal (If Hickey knows what hes doing).

I read in one of the articles he was the 8th ranked RB last yr at pass/blitz protection. Miller and Thomas were in the 20's or 30's for comparison. I would take him on the cheap for this reason alone. Plus he is only 26 (I thought he was much older), and since he supposedly wants to play here we should hold the leverage and get a good deal (If Hickey knows what hes doing).

Now this, I do find intriguing. As long as nobody is breaking the bank for a guy that struggles to stay healthy and has had one 1000 yard season in a 5 year career.

Im 1000000 % all for this move. In his draft class he was the best overall back, drafted 9th. He didn't start until 2013 after tearing his ACL, every year he is progressing and he just came off his rookie contract. Miami would be amazing for this man. He can run up the middle, outside, pass protect, and catch. I dont understand why everyone is so down on him.

Back
Top Bottom