Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

If you don't have a stellar OL, you better have a RB that can block ... evidenced by the 2013 Miami Dolphins.

Moreno played pretty well last year. And remember fellas, we need 2 RBs - a free agent and maybe a draft pick. Miller and Thomas will never be feature backs, neither can block, and neither play special teams. They have little value to us.

Overpay for a RB that's averaged 693 yards a year that all of a sudden started caring when
he was in a contract year and a rookie was brought in at his position?

Sure. Why not?

Predict the future can ya? Assuming is bad for one's health.

I like Mason alot. Along with some of the other backs.....but if we signed Moreno I think it would pretty much end an RB drafting until the 5th or later. If the RB was BPA Id still do it...but they wont. They would be bringing Moreno in to pair with Lamar Miller....and if you are drafting a RB in the 2-3 you better be getting them touches.

There should be an open spot for a RB though even if he did sign...Thomas and Gillislee just arent very good.

Depends on how many years Moreno would sign for. I don't see a deal past 3 years and that's being generous.

Simply put, We NEED him. He would be the best thing we've had at RB since Ricky. This doesn't mean that we won't draft RB high either, because at the most Miller is an RB 2. So we might as well draft a number 1 this season, let Knowshon run for a year and then hand the reigns over.

I don't see why all the love for Miller. Draft A RB adn bring Moreno in too cut Thomas and Gillesee they blow.

Overpay for a RB that's averaged 693 yards a year that all of a sudden started caring when
he was in a contract year and a rookie was brought in at his position?

Sure. Why not?

And lets not ignore the fact that last year was the first time he played a full season since his rookie year, I don't trust him one single bit. Furthermore, he had a guy named Peyton lighting up the record books, making is a bit easier on the RB, all signs point to a guy who is going to be way overpaid this year I just hope we're not the team to do it.

And lets not ignore the fact that last year was the first time he played a full season since his rookie year, I don't trust him one single bit. Furthermore, he had a guy named Peyton lighting up the record books, making is a bit easier on the RB, all signs point to a guy who is going to be way overpaid this year I just hope we're not the team to do it.

He had the 3rd most rushing TDs in the league and tied with Adrian Peterson with 38 less carries. He also didn't fumble in all 241 of his snaps. He had the 6th most catches and the 5th most yards receiving by a RB last season, you can certainly attribute that to Manning.

To be fair he had just under 1000 yds as a rookie with only 9 starts. In 2012 and 2011 he was injured most of those yrs and last year when healthy caught fire.

I forgot "injury prone"

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Theres no such thing as an expensive rb especially two weeks into free agency

Sure there is.

Better options out there and in the draft.

Miller is part of the solution, not the problem.

I'm not a huge fan. He was considered a bust until Manning got there. But, he is better than what we have. I'm cool with it as long as its a reasonable contract, short term (preferably 1 year) and we still draft a stud this year.

I am impressed with his pass blocking.

Back
Top Bottom