Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

All for this. Complete back. Decent runner, decent receiver and one of the better pass protecting running backs in the league. Definitely an improvement over Thomas.

I don't really think he's anything special bro

I hear you and he may not be, but it also seems real premature to decide on a guy who got 6 touches behind that line last year. Not saying he's the next Barry Sanders but I would like to see him get a chance. That's our problem, we never develop our young talent, we trade for it or have to pay out the ass for it.

Im with this. 1 year deal most likely. He knows how to pass protect the **** out of a play. We have been missing that for a long time. Draft a guy late round and cut DT once and for all.

1,038 rushing yards 10TDs
60 catches for 548 yards & 3TDs

I don't see how people are down on this guy. His numbers from last year alone are more than DT has had in his career. He may not be a big time bruiser, but at least he can break an arm tackle.

Bingo.......excellent comment, I agree 100% :-)

Signing Moreno doesnt exclude us from drafting a RB in the mid rounds. I also think some people need to watch the guy play before making assumptions about his play.

Signing Moreno doesnt exclude us from drafting a RB in the mid rounds. I also think some people need to watch the guy play before making assumptions about his play.

No that would mean they would have to think before they post. Not happening.

sign him, cut thomas and try to phase Gillislee in and get a good rotation with good competition going with Miller, Moreno, and Gillislee

This situation is a primary example of some users here need to think before they post. John Clayton is actually one of the better reporters/ insiders in the national media. When he revealed Miami as a possible interest, many users here bashed him. It's time to eat crow.

I'll eat crow if I deserve it but I am not changing my opinion on Clayton. He was terrible reporting the Manning to Miami situation and has been on many times since then when reporting on the Dolphins. So Clayton was right about Moreno wanting to visit the Dolphins. Big deal, I stand by my opinions, Clayton sucks and is past his prime.

Release Thomas, sign Moreno and bring in a rookie. Go with rookie, Miller, and Moreno. Moreno plays on obvious passing downs for pass pro.

Will also need two high picks on a LG and a RT.

As far as Clayton even a blind squirrel

I hear you and he may not be, but it also seems real premature to decide on a guy who got 6 touches behind that line last year. Not saying he's the next Barry Sanders but I would like to see him get a chance. That's our problem, we never develop our young talent, we trade for it or have to pay out the ass for it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time drafting gillis lee then I realized Jeff Ireland picked him. But to me he's along the same lines of Lamar miller. I don't even know if he's better than Lamar. We need someone better than Lamar. I believe we had too many backs on the roster last year as well

I'm for it. For a good price he's well worth pursuing. It's not unheard of for a 1st round talent to take a few years to get going then takeoff on a new team (Marshawn). He's a tough runner and works well in the passing game. Take away Daniel and add Knowshon then our RB corp becomes far more dangerous.

It seemed like a good idea at the time drafting gillis lee then I realized Jeff Ireland picked him. But to me he's along the same lines of Lamar miller. I don't even know if he's better than Lamar. We need someone better than Lamar. I believe we had too many backs on the roster last year as well

We all agree on that one.

Back
Top Bottom