Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knowshon Moreno visits Dolphins/Leaves without deal

I think with Moreno it's more about pass protection than anything else. Miller and DT are awful there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That was a mistake from Barry. Miller was better in pass protect, as was posted earlier.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Again he rushed 241 unless you're counting playoffs and the Super Bowl.

I did, along with 66 catches.

That was a mistake from Barry. Miller was better in pass protect, as was posted earlier.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Not quite sure what you're referring to but my eyes tell me that Knowshon is clearly an upgrade in pass protection.

I think a combo of Miller, Moreno, and a mid-round RB such as Andre Williams would give us a nice functional combo. All 3 are role-playing RBs, but I think that they compliment each other pretty well. Pretty much the best we're gonna get IMO without spending a high pick on a RB.

I'm curious as to how much $$ Moreno is looking for. I'm guessing its a little higher than our team feels his value is. I feel that he makes so much sense for us to get, at the right price. 2 years $5.5 mil is what I'd pay.

I think a combo of Miller, Moreno, and a mid-round RB such as Andre Williams would give us a nice functional combo. All 3 are role-playing RBs, but I think that they compliment each other pretty well. Pretty much the best we're gonna get IMO without spending a high pick on a RB.

I'm curious as to how much $$ Moreno is looking for. I'm guessing its a little higher than our team feels his value is. I feel that he makes so much sense for us to get, at the right price. 2 years $5.5 mil is what I'd pay.

I like the way you think, Howbout instead of Moreno we plug in Blount? Not sure what Blount is demanding but to have Miller, Blount and Andre Williams in the Backfield would be a force that can not be ignored..

I like Tre Mason, but he is not great in the passing game. Little use as a receiver and who knows what he is as pass blocker.

I hope something gets done with Moreno.

So it's abnormal to have 283 carries in 19 games or something?

Not quite sure what you're referring to but my eyes tell me that Knowshon is clearly an upgrade in pass protection.

:confused:

The eyeball test is all well and good, but the stats here clearly show Miller was superior. Not by a wide margin, but still.

:confused:

The eyeball test is all well and good, but the stats here clearly show Miller was superior. Not by a wide margin, but still.

With all due respect, I have no idea what stats you are referring to but stats are meaningless with regards to a running backing handling pass protection. There is no way to account for scheme or assignment. Watch Moreno pick up a blitz and watch Miller. If that doesn't convince you then we'll just have to disagree.

With all due respect, I have no idea what stats you are referring to but stats are meaningless with regards to a running backing handling pass protection. There is no way to account for scheme or assignment. Watch Moreno pick up a blitz and watch Miller. If that doesn't convince you then we'll just have to disagree.

Sure, those variables exist but I know Southbeach has posted the stats for hurries, hits, and sacks (I believe those 3) somewhere in this thread, but I'm sure as hell not digging through 37 pages to find it. It was a negligible difference

Sure, those variables exist but I know Southbeach has posted the stats for hurries, hits, and sacks (I believe those 3) somewhere in this thread, but I'm sure as hell not digging through 37 pages to find it. It was a negligible difference

I wouldn't ask you to dig them up. My point is the stats ARE the variable in this case. I'd bet you that not one single person paid to evaluate or coach NFL running backs would argue that Lamar Miller is a better pass blocker than Knowshon Moreno. There's a reason one was usually on the field on 3rd down and one wasn't. I still hold out hope that Lamar Miller can blossom into a quality back but he's got a long way to go especially in pass protection and Knowshon would probably be someone he could learn from.

would guess that the issue is $$$ ... didn't read the article, but would suspect that they talked $$$ and what he framed was not aligned with our front office ... plain and simple.

we wouldn't have brought him in, if there wasn't significant interest ... and there should be, as folks have pointed out here...

would hope that we do sign him, but won't be for a bit - until he realizes that he can't get what he'd like .... I don't care if it's a 1 or 2 year deal ... Moreno would be such a good mentor for Miller ...

Back
Top Bottom