kobe or wade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kobe or wade

SR 7 said:
oo he isn't? is that why he passed up the game tieing shot in game 6? welcome to the present and life after the series vs the WIZARDS wehre he made 2 lay ups off a out of bounce play. plz bro. 2 layups dont warrant a "welcome to 3 months ago bs."

I recall I think John Paxson hitting a series winning shot for the Bulls vs the Suns the threat of the player on the court often opens up other players. IMO Dirk made a terrible play in either game 5 or 6 vs the SAS when he forced a shot with a man in his face. Robert Horry has basically made a career out of being the open guy and nailing huge shots in the playoffs. The Cavs took the Pistons to 7 when nobody believed they could take one game from them in the series. It's not like they're an incredibly talented team either. I don't think you can discount the two plays that LeBron made although one was the most obvious travel I have ever seen. He's 21 and already one of the best if not the best player in the league.

azfinfanmang said:
:sidelol:
Next time in english please...

Kobe shot all series long till the 4th quarter of game 7. What are you talking about?

:sidelol: he shot all series long? ofcourse he did. clarify a bit more on your statement. taking 5 shots a game is considered "he shot all series long" but doesn't justify the athlete and type of player he is. so clarify a bit more here professor. kobe averaged about 17 shots a game in the series. throughout the season he averaged 33 shots a game I believe. I would call that a TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAMEPLAN wouldn't you? well that is if you aren't someone who is too pridefull to admmit to his lack of information and knowledge.

djfresh47 said:
I recall I think John Paxson hitting a series winning shot for the Bulls vs the Suns the threat of the player on the court often opens up other players. IMO Dirk made a terrible play in either game 5 or 6 vs the SAS when he forced a shot with a man in his face. Robert Horry has basically made a career out of being the open guy and nailing huge shots in the playoffs. The Cavs took the Pistons to 7 when nobody believed they could take one game from them in the series. It's not like they're an incredibly talented team either. I don't think you can discount the two plays that LeBron made although one was the most obvious travel I have ever seen. He's 21 and already one of the best if not the best player in the league.

Oo i completely agree. he is one of the best but they are 2 diff players. he is a Magic Johnson player. not a jordan/kobe player. Jordan and kobe want to kill you on the court. Johnson and James are very alike when it comes to the style of play but to say he is better then kobe or is the best player in the game is too ealry to say that and not enough has been done by him to warrant that much respect although he deserves a LOT of respect but not to the degree taht he is the best player. they were saying that if kobe had james supporting cast that they woudl have swept the suns.

SR 7 said:
Oo i completely agree. he is one of the best but they are 2 diff players. he is a Magic Johnson player. not a jordan/kobe player. Jordan and kobe want to kill you on the court. Johnson and James are very alike when it comes to the style of play but to say he is better then kobe or is the best player in the game is too ealry to say that and not enough has been done by him to warrant that much respect although he deserves a LOT of respect but not to the degree taht he is the best player. they were saying that if kobe had james supporting cast that they woudl have swept the suns.
whos they?

SR 7 said:
he doesn't make anyone betteR? lets see....C> mihm? ever heard of the man outside of la? nope. he sucked. heard of a guy named brown? u konw hte one that had 0 confidence b/c of the so called great Jordan who destroyed the man? what about parker? he played for 3 teams in like 2 years and never made the teams but once. nash doens't make anyone good all he does is give them OPEN SHOTS!!! thats the pt! his entire team is a run and gun/spot up shooting team. if u have shooters and kobe's job is to run in circles and break the d down then pass it to 4 guys standing behind the 3 pts line then thats the smae **** nash does. did jordan make anyone good around him? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLL NO! ever teammate of his hated the guy but pippen. he had a top 50 greatest ever on his team, potentially the best rebounder, great defender and the best at getting under your skin player in rodman, a great shooter in paxon and kerr and the best 6th man during htat time kukoc. you can't ask for more. luc longley was more consistent then brown or mhim have ever been combined in their lives.

Creating open shots for players is making them better. He didn't have Kukoc for all 6 rings, he didn't have Rodman for all 6 either. I'm trying to recall but I think their starting lineup at the start of their dynasty was something like Jordan/Pippen/Armstrong/Grant/Cartwright. Luc Longley was awful as was Bill Wennington. It is extremely difficult to compare Kobe to Jordan because Kobe has not carried a team to a championship. For Kobe to ever be compareable to Michael he better carry the Lakers to multiple championships. He's got three but those were with Shaq being the guy on the team. He needs to win a few with him being the guy on the team.

djfresh47 said:
Creating open shots for players is making them better. He didn't have Kukoc for all 6 rings, he didn't have Rodman for all 6 either. I'm trying to recall but I think their starting lineup at the start of their dynasty was something like Jordan/Pippen/Armstrong/Grant/Cartwright. Luc Longley was awful as was Bill Wennington. It is extremely difficult to compare Kobe to Jordan because Kobe has not carried a team to a championship. For Kobe to ever be compareable to Michael he better carry the Lakers to multiple championships. He's got three but those were with Shaq being the guy on the team. He needs to win a few with him being the guy on the team.

i agree but it wont happen unless the talent level goes up. jordan had a **** load of talent. la doesn't. pippen alone was a GREAT player. he wouldn't have won 1 ring wihtout him so u can't say kobe won wiht a great n jordan didn't. they both had a top 50 greatest ever. ron harper alone was very good

djfresh47 said:

H grant had a 15 and 10 game almost all the time. he was one of the most consistent ever. who is la's 15 and 10? we have a 10 and 10 in odom or a 6 and 10 in him b/c he usually goes 3 for 12 shooting before the last 2 months of the season.

Odom has been a career underachiever but he averaged just under ten boards a game and just under 15 ppg. Numbers that are pretty compareable to what Grant did.

You cant compare that bulls to today lakers. Lakers current player are all career journeymen. Lamar is the only who good but the combination of Pippen and Jordan and compare them to Lamar and Kobe is ridicoulus. Then look at Harper vs. Smush at the point and the lakers dont have a defensive/rebound presence like Rodman. It ludacris to compare this lakers team to the bulls.

if i had to pick one of those three i would pick LeBron, if i could pick anyone: Chauncy Billups

Amars said:
You cant compare that bulls to today lakers. Lakers current player are all career journeymen. Lamar is the only who good but the combination of Pippen and Jordan and compare them to Lamar and Kobe is ridicoulus. Then look at Harper vs. Smush at the point and the lakers dont have a defensive/rebound presence like Rodman. It ludacris to compare this lakers team to the bulls.

But for Kobe to be compareable to Michael he has to carry them to championships.

Amars said:

thank you. BEAUTIFULLY SAID!!!!!!! finally someone with some knowledge here of the game.

djfresh47 said:
But for Kobe to be compareable to Michael he has to carry them to championships.

and how is he going to get the chance to do taht with a roster and talent pool he has now compared to that of jordans? when jordan alone had his 37 pts per game season he was BELOW .500 that year. Kobe was above by 8 games or so with a team FAR worse then his.

Straztheman said:
if i had to pick one of those three i would pick LeBron, if i could pick anyone: Chauncy Billups

Talk about a pistons homer.

Back
Top Bottom