Kobe wants to play for Bulls? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kobe wants to play for Bulls?

Kobe was just on am570 here in LA (the Lakers station) and just had an INCREDIBLE interview with the Loose Cannons. He sounds hopeful that they can work it out. God I LOVE that station best radio in LA bar none

i doubt he goes to the Bulls. They really don't have anyone to give up for Kobe that the Lakers would agree to. I just hope he stays in the West.

would minnesota give up their pick to take on kobe?

Kobe was just on am570 here in LA (the Lakers station) and just had an INCREDIBLE interview with the Loose Cannons. He sounds hopeful that they can work it out. God I LOVE that station best radio in LA bar none

Totally agree

Here's my take on the situation and living in LA it's totally overkill...I love it:lol:

At the end of the season Phil said something to the extent of: I don't know why they pay me 10 mil to coach if they are giving me these players.

I don't think it got much play nationally, but essentially that's what Kobe's saying now.

Kobe said, "When I resigned they said they would try to win NOW" Obviously that's not happening. They won't trade Bynum because he's the future, however Kobe's the now.

I think the whole trade me is giving the Lakers two choices. Either, try to win now with me or trade me away and rebuild. Kobe doesn't want to be Kevin Garnett (he basically said that in the P-Money interview). Kobe isn't against staying, however he wants to be told the truth and he wants the tools to win.

Honestly, I don't think this is a spoiled athlete trying to get his way, I think it's a athlete in his prime not wanting those years to go to waste. If the Lakers want to rebuild than trade Kobe, if they want to win now, make some moves for some players. The reality is that they could have had boozer and b. davis for below market price and neither of those deals happened. Now you see both of them starring in the playoffs.

Management decided to build around Kobe and dump Shaq. Kobe resigned with the promise that they would build a team around him. They haven't fulfilled their end of the bargain.

Management decided to build around Kobe and dump Shaq. Kobe resigned with the promise that they would build a team around him. They haven't fulfilled their end of the bargain.

They give him a paycheck and put up with his off the court antics. They HAVE FULFILLED THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN AND THEN SOME!!!!!!!!

get over this off the court crap already. He comes to play every nite when he's on the job.

You can look at it 2 ways....

1. Kobe pushed Shaq out (i know what he's saying but come on....) and so he asked for this, hence shut up and play.

2. The Lakers suck and need some help to get this team anywhere near contention. They are what they are and THEY decided to keep Kobe and they need to do what they have promised and go after some help. In other words, trade Bynum.

I don't know....Kobe sounded pretty upset today. He obviously wants to be here and I do feel like he takes some responsibility for all this. He seems like he's tryin to be a better dude and live in the now. We need to put 2004 and Shaq behind us and get back to being a real squad.

Laker fans: Would you take Garnett and their first rounder for Kobe Bean?

Kobe will be in Bulls uniform next season along with Garnett, the mighty Bulls will be unstoppable for the next decade :evil:

Some trade speculation of deals that make some sense for where Kobe could end up, assuming the Lakers would consider trading him

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&entryDate=20070530

Deal No. 1: Phoenix trades Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa, Marcus Banks and the rights to Atlanta's 2008 1st-rounder to the Lakers for Kobe and Radmanovic.

Now we're talking! Some of my favorite things about this trade include …

(A) The Lakers ending up with a nucleus of Marion, Odom, Barbosa and Bynum, along with Farmar, Walton, Turiaf and the No. 19 pick, as well as the inevitable Kwame Brown trade to a moronic team that convinces itself that Kwame's career could be salvaged. That's a pretty good foundation.

(B) Phoenix trotting out a starting lineup of Nash, Kobe, Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw. Good golly. Sweet Jesus.

(C) Radmanovic realizing his manifest destiny of playing in Phoenix. It was meant to be from the moment Mike D'Antoni and Nash teamed up three years ago.

(D) Kobe and Raja as teammates. High comedy. The most improbable pairing since Rodman and Pippen 12 years ago.

(E) The most selfish player in the league (Kobe) playing with the most unselfish player in the league (Nash). What a fascinating sociological experiment. If Nash can turn Kobe into a team player, I'm voting him for our 2008 President even though he's Canadian.

Two potential problems: First, it's unlikely that the Lakers would be dumb enough to trade Kobe within their own division, although with Kupchak involved, anything's possible. And second, assuming that Nash has a say in front office decisions at this point, would he really want to green-light a scenario that has him managing two enormous egos in Stoudemire and Kobe?

Well, lemme throw this at you: What if the Suns then swapped Stoudemire to Minnesota for KG, as I proposed in a May 14th column? That would give them the following crunch-time lineup: Nash, Kobe, Bell, Diaw and KG. Ladies and gentlemen, your 2008 World Champions! Just send them the trophy right now.

So that's my vote: Black Mamba, you're going to Phoenix to play with KG and Nash. And if it happens, I can guarantee that the 2008 playoffs will be more entertaining than the 2007 playoffs.
(Which isn't saying much, but still.)

Atleast Sun fans will enjoy the column

They give him a paycheck and put up with his off the court antics. They HAVE FULFILLED THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN AND THEN SOME!!!!!!!!

what off the court antics have happened since he signed the most recent contract?

And no they haven't fulfilled their end of the contract. They committed to fielding a champion. The Lakers aren't even competitive in that department.

Back
Top Bottom