konrad quit? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

konrad quit?

byroan said:
Haven't found a source yet. Raider fans are just now talking about it here: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=479047

More than likely they got the story from here. :cool:

Would be hard to figure that out from that link that has nothing to do with it o.O.

Believe this is the thread your looking for where and yah they are talking this board.

VanDolPhan said:
Would be hard to figure that out from that link that has nothing to do with it o.O.

Believe this is the thread your looking for where and yah they are talking this board.

Mine wouldn't copy right. The link I pasted was right but when you click it, it goes to another thread.

Dude, NFL.com, Miamidolphins.com, and any other team site usually sucks as the place to get up-to-the-minute news. Only one place for that...

byroan said:
Do you have a link? The only thing I've heard is he hasn't practiced because of injuries (wow, there's a shocker)

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's quit. The guy cannot stay healthy.

Yeah, it's a shame, the guy had talent.

Here's the official source:

Ex-Dolphin Konrad retires: Former Dolphins fullback Rob Konrad, who signed with the Raiders in the off-season, is retiring, according to his agent.

"His heart's just not in it anymore," Drew Rosenhaus said on WSVN.

Konrad, a second-round pick by Miami in 1999, started just 13 games in the past two seasons because of injuries and was released by the Dolphins in March.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/05/02/w12c_dolphinsnotes_0502.html

I dont like to gloat very often (well, maybe I do), but I'd just like to say that we were first with the Konrad news of all internet media...

Thanks to the posters that found the information and Nublar

ha!, now someone else has a taste of what we went through with ricky

robs dad is a FH member, and i talked to him at the fin heaven party last summer and he told me that he thought rob has been playing injured for over a year and that he didnt think he would play another season (after 2004)

i guess he was right...

dol_fan_81 said:
ha!, now someone else has a taste of what we went through with ricky

Uh, OK. So I guess that means the Raiders entire offense was built around Konrad?

It would have been better if Konrad had announced his decision before the draft, but I doubt that it would have altered the Raider's draft strategy anyway. But, he didnt wait till a few days before training camp like Ricky did, so the Raiders will have plenty of time to find a replacement.
How damaging was this to the Raiders? On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 1 and a half.

byroan said:
Do you have a link? The only thing I've heard is he hasn't practiced because of injuries (wow, there's a shocker)

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's quit. The guy cannot stay healthy.

I said earlier on that I didnt think we would hear his name again until he retired.

My genie got that one right.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom