konrad quit? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

konrad quit?

I propose that Rob Konrads heart was never in the game.

Off to India with Ricky, eh Rob?

Poor guy- had talent, but injuries and obviously little heart.

Konrad had a very nice run as a Phin's player. I wish him the best of luck in his life after football.

I think that Konrad just slowly burned out, IMO. He had alot of potential, IMO, as a pass catching FB...but Wanny never ever followed through with his yearly promises that he would utilize his talent more. It wouldn't surprise me if Konrad lost his appetite/passion for football after going through so many broken promises and yearly disappointments...Last year had to also be horrible for him since they opted to use other RB's and still not hand him the football even though Ricky had retired. He may have felt like he was never going to get the chance as a pass catching FB that had the chance to run it every once in a while at that point.

Konrad has some chronic injury and just couldnt see being a blocker in Norv's offense another few years.

if it hasnt been posted:

Raiders | Konrad retires - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 May 2005 06:36:37 -0700
The Contra Costa Times reports agent Drew Rosenhaus told the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl">Oakland Raiders FB Rob Konrad has decided to retire. He did not participate in Oakland's three-day minicamp last weekend. "His heart's just not in it anymore," said Rosenhaus. "I tried to talk him out of it but this is what he wants to do. He has lost his love, his passion for the game."

Jets | Fiedler looks sharp - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 2 May 2005 06:01:07 -0700

Ken Berger, reports for Newsday, New York Jets backup QB Jay Fiedler looked sharp during the team's weekend minicamp. He was well prepared and had command of the huddle during the times he played. Fiedler will be ready to fill in during the season if that becomes necessary.

jaxdolfan said:

Ken Berger, reports for Newsday, New York Jets backup QB Jay Fiedler looked sharp during the team's weekend minicamp. He was well prepared and had command of the huddle during the times he played. Fiedler will be ready to fill in during the season if that becomes necessary.

i would much rather play the Jets with fiedler at QB than pennington.

I can understand him wanting to retire, but why bother signing with Oakland?? It's a bit strange if you ask me!!! :shakeno:

Waldop said:
I can understand him wanting to retire, but why bother signing with Oakland?? It's a bit strange if you ask me!!! :shakeno:

he was probubly thinking about retiring, but wasnt sure if he was going to.

and if he turned down oakland's offer, and later decided to play football, he might not have gotten another offer. it was in his best interest to sign with oakland until he made a final decision.

jaxdolfan said:

Fiedler always has a (limited) period where he looks good in practice. We know what happens afterwards. LOL.

finmann said:
I wish him the best of luck
Well said. I also wish him the best. some ppl on here are too quick to dis on him. Look at his stats and playing time and u will see he wasnt dinged as much as some ppl think. Its only the last couple of seasons. Good luck to Konrad. IMO he wasnt used as much as i wud have liked. Overrated. NO. Underrated. Possibly. Rob played as a Phin and for that i wont get on the guys back. He got injured for the cause and for that as a fins fan he will get my respect. nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom