konrad quit? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

konrad quit?

Konrad is an underachiever. He dropped 80 percent of the passes thrown to him. I said it last year and Ill say it this year- he sucks. I guess he realized that for himself.

yankeehillbilly said:
Uh, OK. So I guess that means the Raiders entire offense was built around Konrad?

It would have been better if Konrad had announced his decision before the draft, but I doubt that it would have altered the Raider's draft strategy anyway. But, he didnt wait till a few days before training camp like Ricky did, so the Raiders will have plenty of time to find a replacement.
How damaging was this to the Raiders? On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 1 and a half.

i said a 'taste' dumb*ss, read my post next time before you open your big mouth and critisize what i said:yell:

Mod Note: This post gets you a warning. The next one like it gets you 24 hours off to better familiarize yourself with the house rules. Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed.

P4E

dol_fan_81 said:
i said a 'taste' dumb*ss, read my post next time before you open your big mouth and critisize what i said:yell:

I did read your post. You implied that Konrad retiring was somehow similar to Ricky retiring and that the Raiders would suffer through at least a fraction of the problems that the Dolphins endured as a result of Williams' retirement.
Ricky quit in July when it was too late to get a replacement. Konrad quit in in May while there was still a few months (and June 1 cuts) in which to get a replacement.
Ricky was the cornerstone of the offense in which he played.
Konrad was almost an afterthought
Ricky had been with his team a couple of years when he abruptly quit
Konrad had not even taken a practice snap with his team.

Aside from the fact that both players retired from the NFL (which all players eventually do) there is little or no similarities between Konrad and Williams.

BTW, Im sorry if my earlier post hurt your feelings, but you will notice that I attacked your post, not you personally.

Too bad. Like many others, I was frustrated with him always showing potential in pre-season and never getting involved in the offense and then getting injured.

I truely believe had he been used as a pass catching FB rather than a lead blocker he would have been great.

I wish him the best. Plus he never really belonged with the Raiders, he was too classy of a guy to play for Al Davis.

ChambersWI said:
Too bad. Like many others, I was frustrated with him always showing potential in pre-season and never getting involved in the offense and then getting injured.

I truely believe had he been used as a pass catching FB rather than a lead blocker he would have been great.

I wish him the best. Plus he never really belonged with the Raiders, he was too classy of a guy to play for Al Davis.
I agree, Konrad had great hands; it's tough to get into the flow of things when you block every play and then get a pass thrown to you on occasion. Miami has never worked the fb position correctly, example --- Keith Byars.

yankeehillbilly said:
I did read your post. You implied that Konrad retiring was somehow similar to Ricky retiring and that the Raiders would suffer through at least a fraction of the problems that the Dolphins endured as a result of Williams' retirement.
Ricky quit in July when it was too late to get a replacement. Konrad quit in in May while there was still a few months (and June 1 cuts) in which to get a replacement.
Ricky was the cornerstone of the offense in which he played.
Konrad was almost an afterthought
Ricky had been with his team a couple of years when he abruptly quit
Konrad had not even taken a practice snap with his team.

Aside from the fact that both players retired from the NFL* (which all players eventually do) there is little or no similarities between Konrad and Williams.

BTW, Im sorry if my earlier post hurt your feelings, but you will notice that I attacked your post, not you personally.

:rolleyes: *because he had signed a new contract, and williams had some left on his, it ticked off the fans, i didnt mean the raiders are done for because konrad's retirement.

just remember... i said taste, i know there is a lot of difference in the 2:)

He was no Tony Paige, but I always liked the guy. Could've had a few more plays designed for him though... always got shortchanged by the OCs

prediction: Konrad will be the Fins color man with Boog Sciambi doing play by play next year..

Back
Top Bottom