Koren Robinson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koren Robinson?

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Okay, I know he's a known trouble maker and all of that, but if Saban is so great at taking those personalities and turning them into football players, then why not Koren Robinson? Many of of us here, including myself, would welcome Charles Rogers over Cliff Russell to try and develop him, but Koren Robinson is a guy who can help right now. He was once a promising receiver out've that excellent '01 draft class who put up 78/1240/5 in 2002, but injuries and off the field problems have decreased his opportunity.

The point I'm getting at is, he can come in an contribute right now as a special teams guy. He returned 47 kicks for 1,221 yards [26-yards per] & a TD last year. Am I the only one who thinks that he could be the dangerous return man we've been looking for?

As a receiver, he's still got great size/speed and potential at only 26-years old.

Care to elaborate? :rolleyes2

He's worth a shot over Cliff Russell.....

If people would give Charles Rogers a shot, then why not Robinson who we know could contribute on special teams from day one at least as a return man? The infatuation with Wes Welker's return "skills" truly amazes me.

We dont need any more WR. WE need depth at the secondary.

First off the guy probably just violated any deal he had with the NFL...he is looking at a year suspension probably and he was given a chance by the Vikes...given a new deal...and reaches back into his problems. Let him get his life together..he would be of help to NOONE right now.

Majpain said:
We dont need any more WR. WE need depth at the secondary.
Because we don't need another WR, we can't improve the position?

It wouldn't hurt the core - only Cliff Russell.

NYPhinFan said:
First off the guy probably just violated any deal he had with the NFL...he is looking at a year suspension probably and he was given a chance by the Vikes...given a new deal...and reaches back into his problems. Let him get his life together..he would be of help to NOONE right now.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9638511

The Blueprint said:
Care to elaborate? :rolleyes2

Here are some reasons why (from ESPN.com - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2562267)

Former coach Mike Tice convinced Robinson to sign with the team following a stint in an alcohol treatment facility in North Carolina, and the player rewarded Tice's faith with one of the best seasons of his up-and-down five-year career.

But as soon as things started looking up for the oft-troubled Robinson, he was back in jail. His blue BMW sedan was caught on radar going more than 100 mph in a 55 mph zone on the night of Aug. 15, as he tried to get from the Twin Cities back to the team's training camp headquarters in Mankato for curfew. When police tried to pull him over, Robinson refused to stop, police said. A high-speed chase ensued, and the criminal complaint said a field test measured Robinson's blood-alcohol content at 0.11 percent.

The guy has some major issues with alcohol and although talented, he is a turd.

blue print dude do you have a fetish for troubled wide recievers..? :wink:

I say bring him in...he's worth a shot and he deserves another one. I've always liked him.

Robinson > Russell

I think he would be a great addition,but i also think that we will not bring in anyone else at that position.I get the feeling that receiver is a position where Saban feels we are strong and is going to focus on areas that need greater attention(i agree w/this as well...not that my opinion means didley..)....But i would think if Saban thought we needed any attention to w.r. then we would have already done something...there happens to be a lot of w.r. available right now...i doubt we make any w.r. move at all

I'm not screaming for Robinson to be added, really. I just saw the story on NFL.com & thought about it. Seriously, what's the worst that could happen here for the Miami Dolphins?

At best, we bring in Robinson and cut Cliff Russell (hmm, huge loss!), if he listens to Saban and succeeds, then we've got ourself a 26-year old KR who could take it to the house any time he touches the ball, while still having some untapped WR potential.

At worst, we bring the guy in and he finds himself in trouble with the law again, and we're forced to re-sign Cliff Russell or bring Fred Gibson or Marcus Vick off the practice squad.

There isn't a loss for us in this scenario at all.........

Back
Top Bottom