Koren Robinson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koren Robinson?

I have to agree with Blueprint on this one (even though he's a bloody Heat fan and they spanked my Mavs)

Would dropping a 5th WR, Cliff Russell really hurt this team? Koren Robinson's got pretty good skills as a KR and he can be a pretty good WR as well...IMHO dropping a player and bringing in a better one wouldn't hurt one bit, especially at the 5th WR position. I'm not saying this out of hatred for Welker or Russell or anything but for the people who offer up excuses not to try to better their team with excuses such as

A. Koren Robinson an alcoholic/troublemaker
B. Charles Rogers is always hurt

My responses would be

A. I could care less what he's done perviously, as long as he can come in, keep his nose clean, and produce his past is irrelevant. See Vick, Marcus
B. It's a collarbone injury which has more to do with bad luck than physical condition. It's not like he has a recurring hamstring injury or a bad history of concussions. If injury is going to be an excuse then Cliff Russell should be miles away from this team

If you don't think Charles Rogers and Koren Robinson aren't significant upgrades over Cliff Russell then you know very little about football. I just think as a professional head coach you should be trying to upgrade all positions if given the opportunity. Sorry about my rambling, I just woke up. Just my two cents

Koren is facing jail time for violating his probation. And hes more than likely going to be suspended for the year.....
I think that should be enough to end the conversation...

ac_lanham said:
I have to agree with Blueprint on this one (even though he's a bloody Heat fan and they spanked my Mavs)

Would dropping a 5th WR, Cliff Russell really hurt this team? Koren Robinson's got pretty good skills as a KR and he can be a pretty good WR as well...IMHO dropping a player and bringing in a better one wouldn't hurt one bit, especially at the 5th WR position. I'm not saying this out of hatred for Welker or Russell or anything but for the people who offer up excuses not to try to better their team with excuses such as

A. Koren Robinson an alcoholic/troublemaker
B. Charles Rogers is always hurt

My responses would be

A. I could care less what he's done perviously, as long as he can come in, keep his nose clean, and produce his past is irrelevant. See Vick, Marcus
B. It's a collarbone injury which has more to do with bad luck than physical condition. It's not like he has a recurring hamstring injury or a bad history of concussions. If injury is going to be an excuse then Cliff Russell should be miles away from this team

If you don't think Charles Rogers and Koren Robinson aren't significant upgrades over Cliff Russell then you know very little about football. I just think as a professional head coach you should be trying to upgrade all positions if given the opportunity. Sorry about my rambling, I just woke up. Just my two cents
A. Once is an accident, twice (or more) is a trend. He needs to get his life in order first.
B. He's a possibility, but will most likely want more than 5th WR money, and probably won't accept being the 5th WR. Doesn't play special teams, a must for the 5th WR.

KingCrowder said:
I don't know whats worse. your love affair for vick. or you pure hatred for russell.
Yup, I've got pure hatred Cliff Russell because I'm looking at potential improvements.

Hmmm, I guess that means we've all got pure hatred for Travis Minor for wanting another backup RB, huh?

And now I have a "love affair" for Vick because I support his turn around..:shakeno:

EDIT: Looks like Nick Saban has "PURE HATRED" for Cliff Russell too, for considering another WR -

Dolphins | Not ruling out looking at Rogers
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:47:23 -0700 Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban did not dismiss a possibility of the team working out free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). Saban recruited him to Michigan State.

See that? Nick Saban is doing the same thing as me. He's looking at what's out there & seeing if there's an improvement over Cliff Russell or not. Some of you just look for any possible excuse to accuse someone of having a "love affair" or "hatred" for another player. Amazing..

bluerpint i seem to agree with everything you say, yea bring him in why not. Hes a telent, he won't cost much either.

bullseyeguy said:
Koren is facing jail time for violating his probation. And hes more than likely going to be suspended for the year.....
I think that should be enough to end the conversation...

Stop making sense.

endorPHINS72 said:
I see Charles Rogers as a more likely scenario than Koren Robinson.
Agreed. They are both talented guys but Charles Rogers won the Heisman - lets not forget. He was the #2 pick in the entire draft!! Sure Robinson is better than Cliff Russell but then... Charles is a notch above Koren.

IF you're talking TALENT. If you're talking off field problems then Robinson with his drinking and crack smoking, are much worse than Rogers and his weed ... come on man. Plus look Charles would get along great with Ricky Williams next season - think about THAT. :goof:

TWO Heisman Trophy winners and TWO brothers in weed - that's a brother indeed!

DoggPhin said:
Agreed. They are both talented guys but Charles Rogers won the Heisman - lets not forget. He was the #2 pick in the entire draft!! Sure Robinson is better than Cliff Russell but then... Charles is a notch above Koren.

IF you're talking TALENT. If you're talking off field problems then Robinson with his drinking and crack smoking, are much worse than Rogers and his weed ... come on man. Plus look Charles would get along great with Ricky Williams next season - think about THAT. :goof:

When did he win the Heisman? Are you thinking of Charles Woodson?

I see Charles Rogers as a more likely scenario than Koren Robinson.

I see Koren Robinson as more of an improvement than Charles Rogers...... then again I don't think either one is a necessity over what we have.

If there was any other area I would like to see improved I'd say one more stud LB and one more RB.

I didn't understand the Lee Suggs move but I'll keep an open mind that Saban knows more than I do.....only because he does :D

Well I wish the Dolphins could get another Heisman trophy winner who partakes of the Ganja just so I can get that saying on a T-Shirt.

The Blueprint said:
Yup, I've got pure hatred Cliff Russell because I'm looking at potential improvements.

Hmmm, I guess that means we've all got pure hatred for Travis Minor for wanting another backup RB, huh?

And now I have a "love affair" for Vick because I support his turn around..:shakeno:

EDIT: Looks like Nick Saban has "PURE HATRED" for Cliff Russell too, for considering another WR -

See that? Nick Saban is doing the same thing as me. He's looking at what's out there & seeing if there's an improvement over Cliff Russell or not. Some of you just look for any possible excuse to accuse someone of having a "love affair" or "hatred" for another player. Amazing..

No because Nick gave him a chance you never did.

DoggPhin said:

1996  Danny Wuerffel, Florida, QB
1997  Charles Woodson, Michigan, CB
1998  Ricky Williams, Texas, RB
1999  Ron Dayne, Wisconsin, RB
2000  Chris Weinke, Florida State, QB
2001  Eric Crouch, Nebraska, QB
2002  Carson Palmer, Southern California, QB
2003  Jason White, Oklahoma, QB
2004  Matt Leinart, Southern California, QB
2005  Reggie Bush, Southern California, RB
Sorry that was Charles Woodson, not Rogers. I would still bring him infor a look. Why not?

endorPHINS72 said:
I'm a little more sensitive about the high speed chase. That's a really sensitive subject up here in Central New York. About six months ago, a state trooper was chasing a drunk driver going about 120 MPH. The trooper chased him and then decided to call off the chase when the drunk driver entered a populated area. As he did, the trooper's SUV rolled over and he was killed, leaving behind a wife, an unborn son and a two year old. There has been a lot of lobbying up here to make leading any police vehicle into a chase into a felony instead of the current misdemeanor status is holds now.

Just hearing that about Robinson leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. I don't want someone on my team who can be that careless about human life.

You tell em!!!!!:up:

Back
Top Bottom