Kwity Paye Pro Day Edge Rusher | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kwity Paye Pro Day Edge Rusher

looks like he rated very high on the RAS scale. i like this scale a lot.

looks like he rated very high on the RAS scale. i like this scale a lot.

:UP:

Always appreciate having film posted with opinions.

I've happened to watch a whole bunch of film already on Paye when I started seeing him mocked to us. I think there's now as many as 4 that have us taking him at 18 and all of them mentioned we'd be lucky to get him at the spot. Extremely high value there.

Anyhow - Paye's build and playstyle reminder me of former Steelers star OLB James Harrison. He's squatty and has powerful arms, uses his hands well and always has his legs moving. I see him as a relentless pressure player. I don't know that we'll actually get him but I do think if we go defense he'd be a very solid addition to our DL. I actually prefer him to the University of Miami Edge and Georgia rushers

That is what I have in mind too even though the silverback one of the most intense linebackers ever.

Phillips has even higher RAS, more prototypical height, better production last year. Probably more developed rush moves and motor, though that's a matter of opinion. He's the "best" edge I think, but I completely understand passing on him at 18 for health concerns.

Phillips has even higher RAS, more prototypical height, better production last year. Probably more developed rush moves and motor, though that's a matter of opinion. He's the "best" edge I think, but I completely understand passing on him at 18 for health concerns.
I can agree with some of that. Injury concerns can be major!

No thanks. We have more than a couple of holes to fill or upgrade.

That could mean missing out on a C, LB or even WR we covet depending on what we do at 6.
What about if we trade 2 seconds or a 1st and second to move up to say 10 if Smith is there and get Pitts and Smith? As someone here sorta suggested! Just throwing it out there! Seeing if it sticks!

What about if we trade 2 seconds or a 1st and second to move up to say 10 if Smith is there and get Pitts and Smith? As someone here sorta suggested! Just throwing it out there! Seeing if it sticks!
I'd rather not. I think if we get 1 impact receiver then there is plenty of depth both on the roster and in the draft.

His arms look much too short imo. NFL tackles have freakishly long arms and he will never get close to getting around them before they tie him up.

If Miami go WR @ 6 which is fully expected, then I can see them going DE/LB @ 18.

Back
Top Bottom