Kyle Orton Waived!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Orton Waived!!!!!

Does Denver have to pay his salary the rest of the season? He can't possibly cost another team 9 mil for no more than 7 games left to play this year.

I was thinking the same thing. That would be some ****.

I think the Dolphins absolutely should try and pick him up. Not to replace Moore or be a future starter, but to replace Losman as the backup. I think the Dolphins will have interest in him, though not enough to put in a waiver claim.

I think he will go somewhere where he can start and try rebuild his reputation. Im thinking possibly the Bears to finish out the year being that he knows the system (I think...was he still there when Martz was there?)

Literally zero chance anyone claims him on waivers at his salary though. Id hope anyway. Sure as hell hope we dont.

you got to be nuts to claim him if that salary goes on your books.,.i don't care if its prorated or what...nuts...my guess is he clears waivers and ends up in chicago on a 1 year minimal level or so deal

althougn i'm sure we could offer him more than he's worth...we're good at that kinda overspending

I wouldn't think St. Louis would be an option but how about the Colts?...Maybe the Jags?

Doubt the Colts since Manning might play again. The Jags have Gabbert they still need to develop. Not St. Louis b/c they don't need a QB.

Chicago seems likely but they're 7-3 so they might not get a chance to claim him.

Ireland was smart enough to dodge that bullet. If we get him on the cheap, I would rather have him than Losman for the remainder of the season. He might have some trade value down the road.

Stay away from this chump at all costs. The only thing he'd do now is mess up our draft position next year.

Develop Moore now, draft your future QB in the first round next year, simple as that.

you got to be nuts to claim him if that salary goes on your books.,.i don't care if its prorated or what...nuts...my guess is he clears waivers and ends up in chicago on a 1 year minimal level or so deal

althougn i'm sure we could offer him more than he's worth...we're good at that kinda overspending

I would think Kansas City would pick him up. Already knows the division, could give them some insight on Denver for their next matchup. I don't see him getting picked up by Chicago and Indy is in the suck for Luck deal so they have no interest in picking him up. There's an outside chance he goes to Houston to start over Matt Leinart.

Ireland was smart enough to dodge that bullet. If we get him on the cheap, I would rather have him than Losman for the remainder of the season. He might have some trade value down the road.

Wasn't Ireland that nixed that trade, it was Ross. And this is the last year of his contract, no trade value down the road for us unless we re-sign him...no thanks.

Orton doesnt improve this team. He doesnt even improve this team as a backup, because Matt Moore is a better backup. I wouldnt waste my time and money on Orton.

Back
Top Bottom