Kyle Orton Waived!!!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Orton Waived!!!!!

Sounds like Chicago has put in a claim for him. Saw something about it on the ESPN scrawl.

You know what's hilarious about this Kyle Orton thing?

Jeff Ireland, who is supposed to be this football expert, the General Manager of the franchise, the top dog and lead decision maker on everything...was fully on board with sending a 3rd or 4th round pick to the Denver Broncos for Kyle Orton, and subsequently giving Orton a 3 year deal worth $9 million a year with quite a bit of guaranteed money. That's the deal that Ireland set up.

And Steve Ross, non-football guy, who takes endless amount of sh-t from the fanbase, looked at that deal and said "Are you nuts? Franchise starter money for a guy I think we all know isn't a franchise starter? No. We're not doing it."

And a few short months later that quarterback is benched, and put on waivers.

I hear some fans getting all concerned about Steve Ross throwing his weight around with the team. I say, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. Too long these "football people" run around with long leashes and use their significant amount of football knowledge to trick themselves into thinking up is down, black is white, and linemen score touchdowns. Arrogance runs rampant, and there's no accountability. Sometimes it takes an outsider to look at a situation and be like, you're doing what?

If Jeff Ireland is kept on for this draft and allowed to do what he wants, what do you think will happen? What do you REALLY think will happen? I can tell you what. Matt Moore's played well so we don't feel urgent about the quarterback position. Therefore we'll stick to our board and when the QBs we like, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones, go at #3 and #7 overall where we're picking #8, it's tough titty. We just have to circle back and try and pick up Ryan Tannehill or Brandon Weeden at #40 overall. And then when they go #25 and #37, respectively, aww shucks I guess we're going to have to wait until the 3rd round and take Kirk Cousins or Nick Foles. You know that's what Jeff Ireland would do.

But that won't happen. And you know why? STEVE ROSS. You know he wants a franchise QB in the worst way and he's not going to let his football people convince him Nick Foles in the 3rd round is the answer any more than he let them convince him that $9 million a year and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Kyle Orton was a good idea. So this dastardly owner everyone seems to hate is really our guardian angel. Who'da thunk it.

I will go ahead and assume that Carl Peterson had something to do with the Orton episode with Ross. And for all the negativity surrounding him, it shows he may be a positive influence on ts franchise after all

If the Dolphins record is such that Barkley and Jones are out of reach, then it will be because of the play of Matt Moore. And who made the decision to sign Matt Moore? And that doesn't mean that Ireland wouldn't trade up to draft a top QB. Last year he had a conviction about Daniel Thomas and traded up.

The Colts also reportedly wanted to trade for Orton. Does Bill Polian deserve similar criticism?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/colts-explored-trading-for-orton-before-season/

I find it semi interesting that the Colts fans do not want to claim him. He is not great but he is a lot better then they have.

From reading a couple of their fan forums, they are not even thinking about anything but tanking the entire season.

Ted Thompson is probably delighted with "3AndOut/61 3rd down career QBR Orton"'s power play. This guy has the choke gene and like Sanchez, sooner or later, even a team with superior talent has difficulty compensating for his shortcomings. Thank you Mr Ross.

Probably the best spot for Orton is KC. I know he probably wanted to go back to Chicago, but he stays in a relatively weak division and he knows the teams in that division. This is a team with alot of offensive weapons when healthy.

I give the Chiefs just as good of a shot to make the playoffs as I do any other team in that division. If I'm KC, I try to start Orton yesterday, let alone on Sunday.

You know what's hilarious about this Kyle Orton thing?

Jeff Ireland, who is supposed to be this football expert, the General Manager of the franchise, the top dog and lead decision maker on everything...was fully on board with sending a 3rd or 4th round pick to the Denver Broncos for Kyle Orton, and subsequently giving Orton a 3 year deal worth $9 million a year with quite a bit of guaranteed money. That's the deal that Ireland set up.

And Steve Ross, non-football guy, who takes endless amount of sh-t from the fanbase, looked at that deal and said "Are you nuts? Franchise starter money for a guy I think we all know isn't a franchise starter? No. We're not doing it."

And a few short months later that quarterback is benched, and put on waivers.

I hear some fans getting all concerned about Steve Ross throwing his weight around with the team. I say, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. Too long these "football people" run around with long leashes and use their significant amount of football knowledge to trick themselves into thinking up is down, black is white, and linemen score touchdowns. Arrogance runs rampant, and there's no accountability. Sometimes it takes an outsider to look at a situation and be like, you're doing what?

If Jeff Ireland is kept on for this draft and allowed to do what he wants, what do you think will happen? What do you REALLY think will happen? I can tell you what. Matt Moore's played well so we don't feel urgent about the quarterback position. Therefore we'll stick to our board and when the QBs we like, Matt Barkley and Landry Jones, go at #3 and #7 overall where we're picking #8, it's tough titty. We just have to circle back and try and pick up Ryan Tannehill or Brandon Weeden at #40 overall. And then when they go #25 and #37, respectively, aww shucks I guess we're going to have to wait until the 3rd round and take Kirk Cousins or Nick Foles. You know that's what Jeff Ireland would do.

But that won't happen. And you know why? STEVE ROSS. You know he wants a franchise QB in the worst way and he's not going to let his football people convince him Nick Foles in the 3rd round is the answer any more than he let them convince him that $9 million a year and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Kyle Orton was a good idea. So this dastardly owner everyone seems to hate is really our guardian angel. Who'da thunk it.

And how do you know this about Ireland??

If you believe the reports at the time, the trade was close to going through - the sticking point was Orton's refusal to re-negotiate his 9m salary. Had Orton been willing to play for 5-6m I think this deal would have gone through. If Ross had been so against the idea of trading for Orton they'd never have talked in the first place

Orton going to the Chiefs shows that the Colts are in full "suck for luck" mode, I really hate the Colts, I hope Luck pulls an Eli on that crappy franchise if they do pick him. Either that or they want the 1st overall to sell it off to the highest bidder.

What does a 3 & 7 team need with a 9 million dollar QB that hasn't been the future for 2 franchises and... counting?

I am sad for my bretheren. The sustained stench of aqua and coral has brainwashed many into believing we are the trash bin of the NFL.

It's been confirmed by multiple media sources in multiple cities that Jeff Ireland had a deal for Kyle Orton set up and that it was Steve Ross that backed out of it and decided he didn't want to pay $9 million a year on a contract extension for a guy that everyone knows isn't a franchise starter.

It's been confirmed by multiple media sources in multiple cities that Jeff Ireland had a deal for Kyle Orton set up and that it was Steve Ross that backed out of it and decided he didn't want to pay $9 million a year on a contract extension for a guy that everyone knows isn't a franchise starter.

Not everyone.

What I find funny is that I can think of a number of hard-core SFL'ers who before that were swearing up and down that the missing link between the Fins and the playoffs was gonna be Orton.. and of course that the 90% of the Denver fan base wanting him gone knew less than the 80% of the Fins fan base wanting Henne gone. You'd think it wouldn't have been such a smooth transition from "all in for Orton" to "SFL - we stink and shouldn't win a game." Go know with FH :idk:

Back
Top Bottom