Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

I've been banging this drum all season. We need to be aggressive, very aggressive don't really care what we give up, just get him.

1)

1) I don't expect kyler to be there at 13

2) I said I'm sold on going up and getting him

He's definitely not going to be there and this is the type of thing the Dolphins need to have a conviction on.

If you believe he's the guy then you go and get him...period.

If you feel that strongly about him and need to move to the #1 spot and need to give up some 1st Round picks..then do what you must.

In this project I charted every Dolphins sack. I counted how many times the defense sent 5, 6 and 7 man pressures compared to a regular four-man rush. How many times they got home with 1, 2 or 3 free-rushers, how much was on the QB and a lot more.

Also, Murray's innate ability to recognize the rush and turn sacks into huge gains. 20 videos inside from his all-22 tape.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/kyler-murray-the-answer-to-miamis-greatest-deficiencies/
Nice work bro and thanks for posting. If he really does pick football I doubt we get him at 13. I believe he'll go top 10 for sure.

He's definitely not going to be there and this is the type of thing the Dolphins need to have a conviction on.

If you believe he's the guy then you go and get him...period.

If you feel that strongly about him and need to move to the #1 spot and need to give up some 1st Round picks..then do what you must.
I like him to a point but give up some 1st round picks gives me pause. Regardless of what anyone might say, there's still a chance that he leaves football to go play baseball. I'm ok moving up but giving away multiple 1st round picks I'm not on board with that.

Having watched him for the 1st time last week, I was highly impressed. He has a sense of the defenders around him, he is fast as hell, and the ball pops off his hand.
The only negative I saw was his height. But I look at Brees and Mayfield and dont stress about it.

There is still a lot of time til the draft. Look how far the former Heisman winner Lamar Jackson fell on draft day. I am not sold that this draft class is that bad. I think there will be a QB to pick at 13 or close to. But the pick doesn't have to be Haskins or Murray in my opinion.

Please stop with all of these "this player will turn around our franchise". Giving up multiple picks for a player like him is foolish when there are other holes to be filled. Throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks hasn't worked up to this point so throwing a bigger load of crap will not change that approach.

I think his height and weight will be a factor and will cause him to drop some I just don't know how far.

First off, for those who think he will have "screwed" the A's negating his return to MLB as an issue, they have an agreement saying they know he could end up choosing the NFL. Second, I have read reports from both sides: Some executives with NFL teams think he's special and could go top 5. Others think he's a 2nd-3rd round pick due to his size. Of course, it's probably somewhere in the middle and he could be there at 13. A lot will depend on the combine and/or private workouts. Lots of time to see what happens.

I think his height and weight will be a factor and will cause him to drop some I just don't know how far.

I would tend to agree with that. Years ago I’d have guaranteed it.

But heck in today’s nfl pat white provided he didn’t take hard contact might have survived. Kinda a poor mans lamar jackson.

This kids not pat white though. This kids feel for space in run or pass game is special. And so is that arm for his size.

And the more I look the more I think he does a good job of avoiding hard direct contact. Again cause of how special he is with his space feel.

In terms of Miami’s current o line personnel and tight ends and backs I don’t think there could be a better fit.

He can make up for deficiencies with all of it.

I’m on board you are gonna have a hard time finding 13 guys that are better looking on tape and you cannot teach that space feel he has. It’s a gift.

And yeah 3rd and 12 conversions are absolutely in play here.

And having baseball as a fall back shouldn’t impact anything. If he can’t survive physically and decides he wants to try his hand at baseball again you won’t want him as your qb anyways due to can’t take contact.

But I don’t see it cause I don’t think he’s gonna take as much hard direct contact.

Last edited:
Pat white was an All American in College, But was used as a wildcat Qb by the Fins until he got crushed in the Steelers game in 2008 or 09 not sure on Year and was it.

I disagree a little bit on the hard contact I think he's going to take harder hits in the NFL than college. The pros are bigger faster smarter and they'll be smelling blood in the water. It takes a special person to survive that.

Who said poor mans lamar Jackson was a franchise fix?

I know I didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom