Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

if he's there @5-8 i say move up, if not pass we need draft picks on defense right now who can start from day one, and another thing, please no more injured players who need surgery right after the draft,( dion jordan, parker, etc

I think Tampa at 5 is the sweet spot for the trade up if I was trading up for a qb.

I don’t necessarily buy that any qb will go in front of bosa or quinnen Williams or josh Allen but two of those guys are scheme specific imo. Bosa 43 de ideal fit allen 34 olb. And I feel like Oakland at 4 will stick with carr for 2019. They let carr go then that changes things potentially imo

Will zona trade out staring at bosa? Maybe if his game doesn’t fit what they do. Seems unlikely imo. Trade rosen? Seems even more unlikely to me

Pat White couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football, standing 10 feet away.

Not sure Kyler Murray will be able to either with the likes of JJ SWatt in his passing lanes.

I like Kyler a lot. I’ve been following him since Allen HS. But his lack of size is a lot to overcome in the NFL.

Sure, Doug Flutie eventually became a productive QB, but really only after he had years of experience in the CFL. And he’s still the exception, not the rule.

I’m not saying Kyler can’t succeed. And I’m sure an argument can be made that it’s easier to do so in today’s game than in the past. But I just feel the odds are such that using a 1st round pick on him is a huge gamble. Especially with a baseball career still a possibility.

Unlike other teams, the Dolphins are in less of a position to be able to afford another gamble.

I'd like him @13 but definitely don't blow additional draft capital trading up for him.

As far as the physical contact issue -- let's be real -- in the NFL the kid is gonna get thumped

from time to time. I'd have him and another athlete backing him up for insurance.

But still focus heavy on OL bullies and need a dominant physical TE.

Stills remains as #1 deep threat and get the tots back on the field involved in quick hits

jet sweep etc. Use a combo of POWER football with speed -- Drake and Ballage

can both take it long and (for frogs snakes) keep the D guessing which direction

you're attacking next. Still want a high IQ college O wizzer to implement a

state-of-the-art RPO O and let them doggies run! But #1. Build the beef on the LOS

and get some heavy hitting thumpers on D and play aggressive physical football!

Go old school / new school at the same time!

:)

Not sure Kyler Murray will be able to either with the likes of JJ SWatt in his passing lanes.

I like Kyler a lot. I’ve been following him since Allen HS. But his lack of size is a lot to overcome in the NFL.

Sure, Doug Flutie eventually became a productive QB, but reall only after he had years of experience in the CFL. And he’s still the exception, not the rule.

I’m not saying Kyler can’t succeed. And I’m sure an argument can be made hat it’s easier to do so in today’s game than in the past. But I just feel the odds are such that using a 1st round pick on him is a huge gamble. Especially with a baseball career still a possibility.

Unlike other teams, the Dolphins are in less of a position to be able to afford another gamble.

If you're takin the kyler in the first, you reallllly hope he doesn't turn out to be doug flutie

There's this idea that floats around that he was better than he was. Very unspectacular NFL qb.

Sure, Doug Flutie eventually became a productive QB, but really only after he had years of experience in the CFL. And he’s still the exception, not the rule.

I’m not saying Kyler can’t succeed. And I’m sure an argument can be made hat it’s easier to do so in today’s game than in the past. But I just feel the odds are such that using a 1st round pick on him is a huge gamble. Especially with a baseball career still a possibility.

Playing devil's advocate...since we are so dysfunctional as a franchise it might be the time to gamble whatever we have on the QB that are admin loves

In this project I charted every Dolphins sack. I counted how many times the defense sent 5, 6 and 7 man pressures compared to a regular four-man rush. How many times they got home with 1, 2 or 3 free-rushers, how much was on the QB and a lot more.

Also, Murray's innate ability to recognize the rush and turn sacks into huge gains. 20 videos inside from his all-22 tape.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/kyler-murray-the-answer-to-miamis-greatest-deficiencies/

Travis, always love your stuff and while I am so intrigued by Murray, I have to ask...how tall is he in reality? lol. Does anyone even know? Dude not only looks short but just looks so small in his frame. That said, if he were there at 13, I would be stoked that they took him. Talk about injecting excitement into a franchise.

Well said. Embarrassing really to not be more prepared

One of the things I'm most curious about if Flores is the guy, is if he will be hands off the defense and turn it over to somebody

Hands off is probly the wrong phrase, but I guess give control to someone else

If you're takin the kyler in the first, you reallllly hope he doesn't turn out to be doug flutie

There's this idea that floats around that he was better than he was. Very unspectacular NFL qb.
Yeah, lets compare a QB from the 80s to one in 2019. Sound analysis. And athletically they are extremely close.O:-)

Back
Top Bottom