Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray: The Answer To Miami's Greatest Deficiencies

why not just sign Manziel? he loves football and is 5 9 and runs around.
i would cut x just on principle for asking to be paid as the top cb.

Good God, if he does not work out draft another QB, the waiting 7 years on RT, and 4 years on chad Henne left us in 11 years of pergatory.

Not sure Kyler Murray will be able to either with the likes of JJ SWatt in his passing lanes.

I like Kyler a lot. I’ve been following him since Allen HS. But his lack of size is a lot to overcome in the NFL.

Sure, Doug Flutie eventually became a productive QB, but really only after he had years of experience in the CFL. And he’s still the exception, not the rule.

I’m not saying Kyler can’t succeed. And I’m sure an argument can be made that it’s easier to do so in today’s game than in the past. But I just feel the odds are such that using a 1st round pick on him is a huge gamble. Especially with a baseball career still a possibility.

Unlike other teams, the Dolphins are in less of a position to be able to afford another gamble.

Did Alabama swat his passes down to the point where he didn't dominate the second half?

Russell Wilson is 5'11...either 2 inches taller than Murray, or the same height. How many times has JJ Watt (The Big Baddie) swat his pass down?

I just watched two of Andrew Luck's passes get swatted down...is he too short?

Pat white was an All American in College, But was used as a wildcat Qb by the Fins until he got crushed in the Steelers game in 2008 or 09 not sure on Year and was it.
What else would he have been used for?

1. 952
  2. 1219
  3. 1335
  4. 974
Those are hos rushing totals for four years at WVU.

Stop reading when u cited Lamar Jackson. He’s garbage
His team was team was 6-1 with him at QB...4-5 with Joe Flacco.

Same team...different QB.

His team was team was 6-1 with him at QB...4-5 with Joe Flacco.

Same team...different QB.

Barely threw for 200 yards. He’s garbage, get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont care what anyone else thinks here. Give me Murray. Lol like we got anyone better lol. The NFL is different now.. the "prototype" old school QB is phasing out. You wanna play catch up we are already doing so. U want a 7 foot qb 225 with stone feet u are gonna need a perfect o line and even then doesnt guarantee anything. This guy Is gonna be a star on the dolphins or not! I'm actually shocked at some here sayin he wont pan out due to size. He makes all the throws escapes all the pressures...guys are worried about a few inches like drew brees(6'0) russel Wilson (5'11)doug flutie (5'10) baker Mayfield (6'0)..dont compete like everyone else. And I believe hes 5'10 not 5'9. But who cares about an inch. theres also a ton of super tall and average height QBs that havent pan out.

If you're takin the kyler in the first, you reallllly hope he doesn't turn out to be doug flutie

There's this idea that floats around that he was better than he was. Very unspectacular NFL qb.

I never said Flutie was great. But he was serviceable once he came back from the CFL. And he's really the only example we have of a 5'9" (or shorter) diminutive QB having any level of success in the modern NFL. That was kinda the point.

Odds are good that no matter how much better an athlete or how much faster Murray is than Flutie, it's still gonna be difficult for him to find passing lanes consistently. I think NFL defensive lines will figure out that they don't need to pressure him so much as bother his throwing lanes --- which is something a guy like JJ Watt is exceptional at and others have picked up on.

I realize Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are undersized. But there's a pretty big difference between 5'11" or 6 foot and 5'9". And Murray isn't a BIG 5'9". He's very light and therefore possibly injury prone at the next level.

I love the kid but I'm also trying to be realistic. Perhaps in today's NFL where they can't hit the QB anymore, he'll be ok. And perhaps he'll figure out how to get his passes off. But I just feel the odds aren't great that both will happen consistently.

Having watched him for the 1st time last week, I was highly impressed. He has a sense of the defenders around him, he is fast as hell, and the ball pops off his hand.
The only negative I saw was his height. But I look at Brees and Mayfield and dont stress about it.
Brees is 6' and 210lbs
Mayfield is 6'1" 215lbs
Murray is 5'9"/5'10" 195lbs

I can see a lot of passes being blocked on an NFL level.

Back
Top Bottom