L. Booker turning heads and breaking ankles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

L. Booker turning heads and breaking ankles

Exactly! I told you everyone this when we drafted him, I think he has the potential to be an every down back in a year or so, and if Ronnie does not step up he could be surpassed with the new Barry sanders :) Well im getting over excited there..

It would be a mistake to make Booker an every down back. The Phins will use him like Bush in New Orleans. I think Brown and Booker will compiment each other and be a perfect one-two punch.

I like the excitement, but I have to temper it a bit. We've had many camp "wonders" who turn to duds once the pads go on and real football starts. I hope Booker is the exception to what has become the rule in Fins camps.

I won't make an opinion on him till we seem him in pads during the regular season. I have to say I am not overwhelmed with L.Booker he seems to think he was suppose to be Bush if he went to USC but Bush is from a special breed I think its arrogant for him to think he is just as good. Now don't get me wrong and I hope he proves me wrong but untill he does it in the regular season he will be another Travis Minor or Kay-Jay Harris to me...

The interesting thing when you watch Booker play is that he takes the time to fake defenders in the open field, and he excels at it. A lot of backs don't really do that, they just run a way from people. Booker's an excellent cutback type. He should fit well with this offense.

The great thing about Booker is we have a pounder up the middle bruising back in Ronnie, then we have the quicker, speedier back to bust it outside against the tired LBs. I think it's a great 1-2 punch, having complete opposites style RBs like that.

Could it possibly even be a Csonka, and Morris like combo? We can only hope.

Although Ronnie would do to break his nose and smash it to one side of his face to really intimidate the other teams defense!

What I liked about the Booker selection is the philosophy behind it. Cameron wants an unpredictable strike quick offense and Booker provides a perfect change of pace to Brown. I think any 'big play' ability we get with him will be apreciated but not expected, which allows him to come into camp with very little pressure. Dont forget his versatility as a punt/kick returner as well, so he provides a little depth there too. So in short we get a true complement to Ronnie, which allows Cameron more felxibility, we get a little depth behind Ginn in the special teams and we get younger and a little quicker... add the fact that there is very little pressure on him to perform more than his 'role' and he can really cut loose... I'd say this is a perfect selection in the third round for both sides.

They do appear to complement each other well since Booker is very much a faker and Ronnie is very much a bruiser.

this is a funny thread...... I recall several years ago reading the same "type" of articles" on one John Avery in mini camps!

Exactly! I told you everyone this when we drafted him, I think he has the potential to be an every down back in a year or so, and if Ronnie does not step up he could be surpassed with the new Barry sanders :) Well im getting over excited there..
I agree "over" excited because i dont really see that as a reality....ever. ronnie hasnt done bad and our oline should be better this year and only getting better for the future.it will help both our backs but ronnie is not in danger.

A guy like Booker will easily shine during "flag" football mini camps.

Once the pads go on and the hitting starts and pain settles in, sometimes guys like Booker disappear.

and just remember how much better brown is when he has a second back to compliment him..

I am an FSU fan and he is NOT a Barry Sanders. He was underused and Mis-used under Jeff Bowden. He will be something special.

I too am a FSU fan.. Besides the bowl game watching booker this year was a bit of a dissapointment.

My biggest knock on the guy is that he goes down way to easy.. Arm tackles would make him fall often..

A guy like Booker will easily shine during "flag" football mini camps.

Once the pads go on and the hitting starts and pain settles in, sometimes guys like Booker disappear.

I tend to agree with you. I hope your wrong, though. What do you know about Harpoon missiles?

Back
Top Bottom