La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

91bc9f62e44603ce0dd28d1603ab4d50-1.jpg

tumblr_mdzwv0g1H81qdjda6o1_400gif-1.jpg

Not sure what people are seeing to refute this. Must be that amazing throw he made vs ....... ummm..... No wait... maybe the awesome comeback win vs .....ummm...

He's a 2nd tier QB, which is why we need to build around our D and a ball control, power running game. Anything that resembles a spread 'em out, up-tempo offense is a colossal ****ing mistake.

This should be pretty self evident to anyone who watches NFL games.

Another way to put this is,

it would not be that hard to replace him.

Fiedler would take this team to the playoffs.

We have talented WRs, TEs and RBs.

He didn't have anywhere near the talent on his teams at offense and he still managed to win games

Tannehill is a slightly above average quarterback. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out

What did he say that was incorrect?

This is incorrect:

You’re hoping he doesn’t lose you games most weeks.

I'm hoping his supporting cast doesn't get him killed most weeks.

This is fine:

He’s not gonna come out and win you too many. He’ll be a function of what’s around him by and large, and that includes coaching and personnel and playcalling and all of that.

But, of course, I think this is true of nearly every other QB too.

This is okay too, depending on the size of the tiers:

To me he’s in that sort of third tier of guys.

Perhaps 3 or 4 in tier 1. Maybe 5 or 6 in tier 2. Tannehill in the next group of 7 or 8. I wouldn't argue that and submit that the variation among the tier 3 guys is small, much smaller than the variation of the teams they play on.

the quote for you guys...

Pretty spot on assessment

Yeah, I mean you can't argue with what he says there really. He's not saying he sucks or that he can't get better even.

I guess the "tier anger" depends how many there are. say if its 1-2-3, yeah, I don't know if I agree with that. But if it were like 1-2-3-4-5, would you lump him in the middle or ?

I'm more concerned about our offensive line depth, our linebackers, our safety and our D-line than THill.

Two posters have already suggested Brady, Rodgers, Manning? as tier 1 QBs. If this is true who would be tier 2? Brees, Big Ben, Palmer? I'm sure we could add quite a few more tier 2 Qbs. My point is it is debatable at best if RT belongs in that tier with those Qbs. With that being said it isn't too far fetched to consider him a 3rd tier Qb.

He will never be the guy to ROUTINELY win you a game in the 4th quarter by his play alone.

That guy doesn't exist.

Let me ask you a simple question. If that guy exists (lets say Brady is that guy), why the F**K would NE bother attempting to build the best roster they can around him? It shouldn't matter. Why spend money on Gronk when any old TE will do with the magician throwing the ball? What were the Randy Moss and Wes Welker signings for?

Two posters have already suggested Brady, Rodgers, Manning? as tier 1 QBs. If this is true who would be tier 2? Brees, Big Ben, Palmer? I'm sure we could add quite a few more tier 2 Qbs. My point is it is debatable at best if RT belongs in that tier with those Qbs. With that being said it isn't too far fetched to consider him a 3rd tier Qb.

It is not far fetched at all. I have never seen an assessment by anyone on this site that would disagree with that.

Back
Top Bottom