La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

Bill O'Brien is going to Maryland
Mark Davis is adding Eddie DeBartolo to ownership

I hate the guy, but the analysis was dead on.

Ditto.

You get 4 years, and you go 0-for in your opportunities in leading your team to a post-season birth, you are exactly that.

Tannehill is basically only better than the Johnny Manziel's of the world, and that's about it.

I saw him complete a near perfect Winning FG drive from the QB position. Without it they never have a chance to kick that FG. Give the guy some credit.

WTF? His first pass on that drive was thrown right to a defender, who dropped a sure INT. His next two throws were terrible.

The big assist was the idiotic play calling on the Giants last drive.

First and goal from the 5 with 2:06 left and one NE time out. How the hell do you end up kicking the FG and leaving 1:47 on the clock? Here's how:

1-5-NE 5
(2:06) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 13-O.Beckham Jr. for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short left to 13-O.Beckham Jr. (21-M.Butler).
2-5-NE 5
(2:01) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete short right to 17-D.Harris.
Two-Minute Warning
3-5-NE 5
(1:56) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning sacked at NE 11 for -6 yards (90-M.Brown).
Timeout #3 by NE at 01:50.
4-11-NE 11
(1:50) 3-J.Brown 29 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-51-Z.DeOssie, Holder-9-B.Wing.

RUN THE DAMN BALL THREE TIMES, then (if you haven't scored) kick the FG with less than a minute left. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Let me give you a simple answer. What bang up super awesome receivers does Brady throw to? Gronk yes. Edelman? Lafell? Amendola? On other teams with other qb's--no.
Brady, let's say, is the one person delivering those passes where they need to be, with the right timing, reading the defense and making changes before the play and generally using his talent to win in the 4th quarter.

When highlight reels and commentators say that Brady won with another come from behind win, they don't say the team came away with a come from behind win. Hell, they even have a stat for it right?

I heard commentators against the Giant comment numerous times how loss of Edelman was going to hurt the offense. Why would they do that? You are falling victim to the habit of underestimating the other team's players, and coaching. NE has ran the ball well this year.

Let me ask you one more question. Why don't the consensus BEST QBs win the SB every year? How did Roethlisberger, Brady (early in his career), E. Manning, Flacco, and Wilson sneak in there and win so many SBs?

I saw him complete a near perfect Winning FG drive from the QB position. Without it they never have a chance to kick that FG. Give the guy some credit.

He had an INT dropped... that's far from near perfect

The La is a bad, no terrible reporter but he is slightly correct. I would have Tanny as second tier.

4 seasons and no winning record yep this guy is the dictionary definition of medicore

I heard commentators against the Giant comment numerous times how loss of Edelman was going to hurt the offense. Why would they do that? You are falling victim to the habit of underestimating the other team's players, and coaching. NE has ran the ball well this year.

Let me ask you one more question. Why don't the consensus BEST QBs win the SB every year? How did Roethlisberger, Brady (early in his career), E. Manning, Flacco, and Wilson sneak in there and win so many SBs?

Easy question. Easy answer. There is only one Super Bowl winning qb every year. Every team needs to get there. Win their games, win in the playoffs to make it that far to even play in a SB. The SB winner is usually a good qb right? How many Trent Dilfers get their teams there often?

That's why you need a very good qb to even get you that far. As far as the winning qb of the SB, that comes down to one game. It can be the qb, the team, coaching or luck. But getting there needs a very good qb.

Brady has been in contention for a while every year, Manning has been, Rodgers is always in the hunt.

Big difference between occasionally and consistently. Ever NFL QB can do them occasionally.

yes there is.

i'm not here trying to argue the article is inaccurate. i'm just sayin that the criticism gets really exaggerated at times, as does the praise...just pointing out that i saw our qb literally do all 3 of those things last week in a close road victory.

Meanwhile John Clayton on Lebatard "He's Good" - although he did question why he doesn't score more points, suggested coaching possibly (surprise)

He bluntly states what many posters believe already. RT needs talent around him and will not perform at his best otherwise. I guess it's another way of saying he needs an O line or a new OC and coaching staff. Despite all of that he could have shared a few positives. Now his opinion is going to be completely discarded because he had nothing nice to say.

Yeah Tannehill falls under that umbrella of pretender quarterbacks who need help from the players around them and can't just "transcend" everything.

Easy question. Easy answer. There is only one Super Bowl winning qb every year. Every team needs to get there. Win their games, win in the playoffs to make it that far to even play in a SB. The SB winner is usually a good qb right? How many Trent Dilfers get their teams there often?

That's why you need a very good qb to even get you that far. As far as the winning qb of the SB, that comes down to one game. It can be the qb, the team, coaching or luck. But getting there needs a very good qb.

Brady has been in contention for a while every year, Manning has been, Rodgers is always in the hunt.

You can't even get through the post without contradicting yourself.

Tannehill is as good as the QBs that have won 11 of the last 15 super bowls (at the time they won them).

Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

Even if you disagree with a few (2nd Manning SB, 2nd Roethlisberger SB, 3rd Brady SB), that is still 8 of 15.

Back
Top Bottom