La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

Meanwhile John Clayton on Lebatard "He's Good" - although he did question why he doesn't score more points, suggested coaching possibly (surprise)

Speaking of Lebatard, did anyone else notice the resemblance to Dave Bautista in the new "Spectre" movie?

You can't even get through the post without contradicting yourself.

Tannehill is as good as the QBs that have won 11 of the last 15 super bowls (at the time they won them).

Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger

Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

Even if you disagree with a few (2nd Manning SB, 2nd Roethlisberger SB, 3rd Brady SB), that is still 8 of 15.

You need to share some of what you are smoking with the rest of us.

This should be pretty self evident to anyone who watches NFL games.

Another way to put this is,

it would not be that hard to replace him.

Fiedler would take this team to the playoffs.

We have talented WRs, TEs and RBs.

He didn't have anywhere near the talent on his teams at offense and he still managed to win games

I wouldn't be so sure that merely anybody could step in to Miami's offense right now and do much better. Bad playcalls are bad playcalls. Not being able to audible hurts any QB in this league. No OLine hurts any QB in this league -- Yes, even the magic man Russell Wilson, as evidenced by his 4-5 record kinda, sorta, a little bit just like the Fins.

Tannehill is as good as the QBs that have won 11 of the last 15 super bowls (at the time they won them).

Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

Even if you disagree with a few (2nd Manning SB, 2nd Roethlisberger SB, 3rd Brady SB), that is still 8 of 15.

Let me sort this out for you. You highlighted what I wrote "Usually" You did not highlight my next question, How many Trent Dilfers get their teams there often?
So if you were fair enough in evaluating my "Contradictions" you'd actually read what I wrote instead of past them to get to your reply.
Of the SB's you listed, wouldn't 2 of those names, Dilfer and Johnson be classified under my question you omitted to highlight?
Your list is proof about what I said, that you need the Eli's, Bradys, Big Bens, Rodgerseses, and Breeseses to even GET you there. This is my point. And the more chances you get to get you to the SB, the more opportunities you have to win it all. All I'm sayin'.

Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

I'll give you Dilfer and Johnson, but that is it...

****ing A...this dude included Rothlisburger....

Personally, I find it difficult to really evaluate Ryan's development as our starting QB, even in year 4.

Which frustrates me to no end, because in my mind you look at a guy that is in his fourth year and ideally you want to have a clear picture of whether or not he has "it" OR has the potential to have it.

But with Ryan, I just watch him play and the one word that keeps popping up is: INCONSISTENT.

That to me is why he's so polarizing. Why no one can seem to agree on Ryan Tannehill as the QB of the Miami Dolphins.

I won't pretend to speak for everyone else around here, but the way *I* see it, we have a young QB that at times looks like the franchise QB we've all been waiting for since Marino retired, but other times he just leaves me feeling like he could've done more to lead our team to a W. He leaves me feeling like he's not there *yet* in year 4, and makes me wonder if he'll ever become that guy, you know?

The problem is: This team is so dysfunctional in so many different areas (starting with our coaching situation) that it's hard for me to dismiss Ryan as our QB simply because we're not winning.

The one stat I look at is our points per game, and that to me IS an issue. It's not surprising though, considering we don't have enough RZ trips and when we do get to the RZ we tend to not score enough TDs. THAT needs to improve, and it starts with Bill Lazor's scheme, but Ryan also plays a part, no doubt.

That's where I need to see improvement for the rest of the year. We need to start scoring more points on offense.

Ultimately, like I said, I'm willing to give Ryan more time, but only because there's so many issues with this team that need to be fixed, starting with our defense, that I can't put the blame of our 4-5 record solely on our QB. He needs to play better, for sure, but I understand he's not the one out there missing tackles, getting beat deep, making boneheaded plays on ST that lead to bad field position, refusing to run the football, mis-managing the game clock, etc.

Like so many people have said: He's not the main issue with this team, but he's also not there yet in his development in order to become the solution. What I hope as a fan is for this team to find a way to fix the defense, fix the OL, and get better coaching in 2016. That should be the priority. And if Ryan continues to be inconsistent even after that, then we should probably move on. But right now I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

I'll give you Dilfer and Johnson, but that is it...

****ing A...this dude included Rothlisburger....

I know, how the hell could I include a QB that threw the ball 268 times in the whole season? The Steelers RAN THE BALL 60% of the time that year. He had less than 2400 yards passing. They had more rushing TDs than passing TDs. They allowed the second fewest points against in the conference.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that QBs develop? Roethlisberger in 2005 was not the same QB as he is now. He had an QB rating of 80 during his second SB year. 17 TDs and 15 INTs. They also had the fewest points allowed in the whole league.

I'm not making this stuff up. It really happened.

Whether you agree with him or you don't, the fact is that La Confora is a hack and no one should pay attention to anything he has to say.

Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

Wait what?
Tannehill is as good as Big Ben now and Eli at the time they won super bowls? Are you drunk?

Outside of Dilfer and Brad Johnson, the guys on the list have a knack for playing well when it matters most.
But, I know #QBWINZ. You can just stick any qb in there bc its the team and coaching. the most important position has zero effect on what team wins.

Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

:lol::lol::lol2::lol2: the only one he is close to is Dilfer and people don't realize how vital Dilfer was to that run.

:lol::lol::lol2::lol2: the only one he is close to is Dilfer and people don't realize how vital Dilfer was to that run.

Dilfer won 11 straight with the season on the line averaging 27 per game. His stats may not have been great but he made timely plays got the Ravens out to early leads and didn't make a lot of mistakes. The most Ryan has ever won in a row is 3 games.

I know, how the hell could I include a QB that threw the ball 268 times in the whole season? The Steelers RAN THE BALL 60% of the time that year. He had less than 2400 yards passing. They had more rushing TDs than passing TDs. They allowed the second fewest points against in the conference.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that QBs develop? Roethlisberger in 2005 was not the same QB as he is now. He had an QB rating of 80 during his second SB year. 17 TDs and 15 INTs. They also had the fewest points allowed in the whole league.

I'm not making this stuff up. It really happened.

you get too caught up in meaningless #s. do you forget he missed 4 games that year? that would explain some of those #s you post. he had 4 less games than the run game had and for all the crap he gets for his poor SB(and rightly so) he was outstanding in the 3 AFC playoff games. I am w/ you as far as not giivng up on Ryan and thinking he can become good but when you start comparing him to HOF QBs is when you lose most people.

by the way, in 2005 he had 17 TDs and 9 INts not 15 INTs. the team was 2-2 w/o him, 9-3 w/ him a year after going 13-0 w/ him. he also added another 7 TDs in postseason w/ 3 INTs.

and when Pitt needed to win games late in 2005 to get back to the playoffs Ben led them to 4 wins to end the season and barely hold off KC for the final WC spot. In those 4 games he led his O to an average of 27 PPG. In the 4 biggest games of Ryan's career(w/ regards to making the playoffs) he has led his O to 33 pts TOTAL(8.3 PPG). the 2 cannot be compared in any way.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Dilfer won 11 straight with the season on the line averaging 27 per game. His stats may not have been great but he made timely plays got the Ravens out to early leads and didn't make a lot of mistakes. The most Ryan has ever won in a row is 3 games.

the D was one of the best ever and they led that team but that team was going nowhere w/o Dilfer. his #s were not very good but he was making big plays and avoiding the big mistake. that is what that team needed. there's a reason they never got back to another SB(or even a title game) w/ those D's of the early-mid 00s.

Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady

Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady

latestcb20150207210116-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom