La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

How many times did Aaron Rodgers get his team there?

Only 4 of the last 15 SBs were won by QBs considered elite at the time they won. PERIOD. Eli has to answer that question after winning TWO. Joe Flacco is not considered a great QB.

Roethlisberger had consecutive 8-8 seasons after winning two SBs. How is that possible? BECAUSE IT IS A TEAM SPORT. #QBWINZ is made up by the NFL to sell jerseys.

Rodgers was considered elite when he won.

Eli and Flacco were not and are not but that doesn't mean they are down w/ Tannehill. those guys helped teams get to postseason and played really well in postseason. the closest to postseason atmosphere Ryan has played in he has led his O to 8.3 PPG in 4 games. that's not going to cut it, if Flacco and Eli did that they wouldn't have made postseasons and won SBs.

Here is a little tip to help those who don't seem to understand football. If a team runs the ball more than it passes, THEY don't think their passing game is their best option for moving the ball and scoring points. Sorry, but it is obvious. Why would a team purposefully lean on the weaker part of their offense? Can you imagine any scenario where Green Bay decides to throw it 20 times per game and run it 25? How about NE?

Why the hell would Pittsburgh pass in 22 times per game in 2005 and 38 times per game in 2014? If that doesn't point to a change in what THEY think about their QB, nothing ever will.

This should be pretty self evident to anyone who watches NFL games.

Another way to put this is,

it would not be that hard to replace him.

Fiedler would take this team to the playoffs.

We have talented WRs, TEs and RBs.

He didn't have anywhere near the talent on his teams at offense and he still managed to win games

Hmmm... Fielder had a top ten D, and a hell of a running game, and a better opine than Thill has ever had.. my bet is that Tannehill would take those teams further than Fielder, and Fiedler woulda been dumped by know if he was qb for any if Thill's teams

Hmmm... Fielder had a top ten D, and a hell of a running game, and a better opine than Thill has ever had.. my bet is that Tannehill would take those teams further than Fielder, and Fiedler woulda been dumped by know if he was qb for any if Thill's teams

I wouldn't bet anything on Ryan Tannehill. If it happens it happens . . . but I'm more likely to believe the argument on this website would fall on the feet of the oline/lack of skill players/choking defense/Wannstache before it would Ryan Tannehill . . . although it's very convenient to see mostly everybody blame Jay Fiedler.

Here is a little tip to help those who don't seem to understand football. If a team runs the ball more than it passes, THEY don't think their passing game is their best option for moving the ball and scoring points. Sorry, but it is obvious. Why would a team purposefully lean on the weaker part of their offense? Can you imagine any scenario where Green Bay decides to throw it 20 times per game and run it 25? How about NE?

Why the hell would Pittsburgh pass in 22 times per game in 2005 and 38 times per game in 2014? If that doesn't point to a change in what THEY think about their QB, nothing ever will.

how has leaning on the passing game worked for you?

2005 the game was different, it wasn't yet the passing league it became and Ben was still a young QB but w/ limited opps he made big plays to help his team win. It was an accident that Cowher could never win a SB w/ all those great Ds then finally won one when he got Ben.

how has leaning on the passing game worked for you?

2005 the game was different, it wasn't yet the passing league it became and Ben was still a young QB but w/ limited opps he made big plays to help his team win. It was an accident that Cowher could never win a SB w/ all those great Ds then finally won one when he got Ben.

Only on Finheaven do you see people fighting to the death that Ryan Tannehill is in the same league as Big Ben and 2015 Cam Newton.

you get too caught up in meaningless #s. do you forget he missed 4 games that year? that would explain some of those #s you post. he had 4 less games than the run game had and for all the crap he gets for his poor SB(and rightly so) he was outstanding in the 3 AFC playoff games. I am w/ you as far as not giivng up on Ryan and thinking he can become good but when you start comparing him to HOF QBs is when you lose most people.

by the way, in 2005 he had 17 TDs and 9 INts not 15 INTs. the team was 2-2 w/o him, 9-3 w/ him a year after going 13-0 w/ him. he also added another 7 TDs in postseason w/ 3 INTs.

and when Pitt needed to win games late in 2005 to get back to the playoffs Ben led them to 4 wins to end the season and barely hold off KC for the final WC spot. In those 4 games he led his O to an average of 27 PPG. In the 4 biggest games of Ryan's career(w/ regards to making the playoffs) he has led his O to 33 pts TOTAL(8.3 PPG). the 2 cannot be compared in any way.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

the D was one of the best ever and they led that team but that team was going nowhere w/o Dilfer. his #s were not very good but he was making big plays and avoiding the big mistake. that is what that team needed. there's a reason they never got back to another SB(or even a title game) w/ those D's of the early-mid 00s.

Thanks for digging in to the false stats he uses only when convenient.
Its amazing a guy who constantly tells others they "don't know football" cannot grasp when and how NFL games are won. They are usually won late in games, the QB is the most individual on the team. Not the only player, but the most important.
That fake Big Ben stat he posted was classic

Fiedler took over the team marino lost 62-7 w/ in the playoffs the year before, are you saying he'd do better than Marino?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Only on Finheaven do you see people fighting to the death that Ryan Tannehill is in the same league as Big Ben and 2015 Cam Newton.

Ryan isn't bad but when compared to guys like Ben, Luck, Newton, Wilson he doesn't stack up. that's not an insult and it's not fair to Ryan to compare him to those guys especially Ben who is a lock HOFer.

I see this as a popular POV around here.

You think that him being able to audible would mean that the sacks would be avoided?

Not only does it not mean that, if he was able to audible he would probably turn it over exponentially because...

he is NOT picking up the blitz, he does not NOTICE where or when the blitz is coming.

On the plays where he gets sacked, he COULD run the ball, he COULD change up the protection and he COULD throw it AWAY right NOW but he doesn't do it,

He is fooled by the defense and gets sacked. If he could audible then he would probably STILL get sacked on those plays, on OTHER plays though he might throw it right into coverage

How would his turnovers go up? If he doesn't change the protection, wouldn't his numbers stay status quo? Doesn't make any sense.
As far as I know he's not allowed to change the protection, he's locked-in. I think he holds on to the ball out of stubbornness, he wants to make a play and it ends up costing him.

How many times did Aaron Rodgers get his team there?

Only 4 of the last 15 SBs were won by QBs considered elite at the time they won. PERIOD. Eli has to answer that question after winning TWO. Joe Flacco is not considered a great QB.

Roethlisberger had consecutive 8-8 seasons after winning two SBs. How is that possible? BECAUSE IT IS A TEAM SPORT. #QBWINZ is made up by the NFL to sell jerseys.

And you are still not listening...The point was to get through the season, to get to the playoffs, to get past the playoffs, and then to put yourself in the position of winning the super bowl. Tannehill cannot even get us to part 1- get through the season with a winning record. Brady can, Ben can, Rodgers can, Flacco can, Brees can. And they do it regularly-my point.
Aaron Rodgers gets his team to the playoffs where, like I said, anything can happen especially when it comes to winning the final game.
I get what you're saying. you say a team gets there, but Im saying with an average qb (Ryan) we cannot get there.
HOWEVER, this is 4.5 years Tannehill I'm talking about. If he gets it and betters himself, who knows. But he ain't gonna win games when it counts *on the regular* like the othe QB'S mentioned can.
That's where La Can is correct.

Fiedler took over the team marino lost 62-7 w/ in the playoffs the year before, are you saying he'd do better than Marino?

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Ryan isn't bad but when compared to guys like Ben, Luck, Newton, Wilson he doesn't stack up. that's not an insult and it's not fair to Ryan to compare him to those guys especially Ben who is a lock HOFer.

I've come to settle in on Ryan . . . he is what it is, we probably won't find better and we are tied contractually to him. Get another OC, see if he improves or gets more comfortable in that offense.

People who jump the gun on him for a poor start to a game and people who lift him to comical levels for winning a meh game . . . I just let them have at it. It's pointless.

But no question the worst out of all of them are the ones who try their best to place him in the same category as other QBs who are far more accomplished. Then again we don't know football so :idk:

And you are still not listening...The point was to get through the season, to get to the playoffs, to get past the playoffs, and then to put yourself in the position of winning the super bowl. Tannehill cannot even get us to part 1- get through the season with a winning record. Brady can, Ben can, Rodgers can, Flacco can, Brees can. And they do it regularly-my point.
Aaron Rodgers gets his team to the playoffs where, like I said, anything can happen especially when it comes to winning the final game.
I get what you're saying. you say a team gets there, but Im saying without an average qb (Ryan) we cannot get there.
HOWEVER, this is 4.5 years Tannehill I'm talking about. If he gets it and betters himself, who knows. But he ain't gonna win games when it counts *on the regular like the othe QB'S can.
That's where La Can is correct.

First of all, 3.5 years. Second of all, we'll just have to disagree about how good Tannehill is and how much any QB can over come. I've got multiple examples of quality QBs whose team's W/L record varies wildly between years. You can either think the QB was at fault for the drop off or the rest of the team was worse or a combination. To think option 1, you must admit that the QB is not consistent. To think option 2 or 3 you must admit that the supporting cast plays a bigger role than you are saying.

How else do you explain an elite QB going 8-8 two years in a row? HOW?

First of all, 3.5 years. Second of all, we'll just have to disagree about how good Tannehill is and how much any QB can over come. I've got multiple examples of quality QBs whose team's W/L record varies wildly between years. You can either think the QB was at fault for the drop off or the rest of the team was worse or a combination. To think option 1, you must admit that the QB is not consistent. To think option 2 or 3 you must admit that the supporting cast plays a bigger role than you are saying.

How else do you explain an elite QB going 8-8 two years in a row? HOW?

Well, I know you're not talking about Brady or Rodgers or Manning. And who besides Gronk is an all star on that pats team? Who on the pats is a multiple pro bowler besides Gronk and Brady? His cast is not world class.
Like it was said we will have our own opinions and that's fine.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Yeah, and two years ago we heard the same thing about Kaepernick.......

Yikes Kaep! Now there's a great example of team. That defense was nasty. Coaching helped too.

Well, I know you're not talking about Brady or Rodgers or Manning. And who besides Gronk is an all star on that pats team? Who on the pats is a multiple pro bowler besides Gronk and Brady? His cast is not world class.
Like it was said we will have our own opinions and that's fine.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Yikes Kaep! Now there's a great example of team. That defense was nasty. Coaching helped too.

Tom Brady once led NE to a conf title game w/ reche Caldwell and jabar Gaffney as his main weapons w/ no run game and led his O to 27 pts on the road in the title game.

Back
Top Bottom