La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

Wait what?
Tannehill is as good as Big Ben now and Eli at the time they won super bowls? Are you drunk?

Outside of Dilfer and Brad Johnson, the guys on the list have a knack for playing well when it matters most.
But, I know #QBWINZ. You can just stick any qb in there bc its the team and coaching. the most important position has zero effect on what team wins.

WELL:

Actually, if those guys were under the duress from the opponent pass-rush that Tannehill is every week, those guys at those times would not have seen a Superbowl, let alone win one....Well Actually other then Big Ben and Wilson, who had a power Running game, and quality D to get them through each week.

OK, continue now.

Tannehill has been in position to win and get in the playoffs a couple times and both times he came up with a dreadful performance. Every time we've been nationally televised Tannehill and the team comes up empty. Until this changes as a trend, he'll never be considered great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be so sure that merely anybody could step in to Miami's offense right now and do much better. Bad playcalls are bad playcalls. Not being able to audible hurts any QB in this league. No OLine hurts any QB in this league -- Yes, even the magic man Russell Wilson, as evidenced by his 4-5 record kinda, sorta, a little bit just like the Fins.

I see this as a popular POV around here.

You think that him being able to audible would mean that the sacks would be avoided?

Not only does it not mean that, if he was able to audible he would probably turn it over exponentially because...

he is NOT picking up the blitz, he does not NOTICE where or when the blitz is coming.

On the plays where he gets sacked, he COULD run the ball, he COULD change up the protection and he COULD throw it AWAY right NOW but he doesn't do it,

He is fooled by the defense and gets sacked. If he could audible then he would probably STILL get sacked on those plays, on OTHER plays though he might throw it right into coverage

Considering that tier 1 is Brady and tier 2 is Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees and maybe a couple of others, I'd say he's right. I think he's just trying to ruffle feathers with the negative connotation of "third tier."

It's frustrating that we have a player with Tannehill's speed, and yet we never run him on 3rd or 4th and short distance. I'm sorry, but with RT17, you should NEVER fail to pick up a 1st on a 3rd or 4th and short.
Every short-yardage play for us should be a read option or some derivative that gives Tannehill a chance to run it if the original call doesn't look good vs that particular defense. Not only that, but most of these plays should be a motion play where RT either goes with the motion or cuts back against it. I struggle to believe that RT couldn't launch himself at the line to pick up one yard, and that he could find the edge on a longer distance-down.
Defenses that play against us need to be on-guard for RT running on any play. We also need many more plays where RT is behind center instead of the shotgun.

Easy question. Easy answer. There is only one Super Bowl winning qb every year. Every team needs to get there. Win their games, win in the playoffs to make it that far to even play in a SB. The SB winner is usually a good qb right? How many Trent Dilfers get their teams there often?

That's why you need a very good qb to even get you that far. As far as the winning qb of the SB, that comes down to one game. It can be the qb, the team, coaching or luck. But getting there needs a very good qb.

Brady has been in contention for a while every year, Manning has been, Rodgers is always in the hunt.

AMEN!!!!. This is my whole thing with RT and why I keep harping on this team to not settle for 3rd tier QBing. Its somewhere between very hard and impossible to overcome avg. QB play for 3 straight playoff games against the best teams in the NFL. What is harder - finding a great QB or drafting/assembling a historically great defense? You need 1 of the 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The argument on Tannehill:

Tanne can't cut it sayers: over 3.5 years in, sub .500 record, no playoffs and pretty much a stoppage and dare I say regression in growth . . . done wasting time with not good enough.
Tanne can't do no wrongers: It's the coaching, the line, the backs, the defense, the scheme, the drops, the everything but Ryan Tannehill

**** is beyond comical

Wait what?
Tannehill is as good as Big Ben now and Eli at the time they won super bowls? Are you drunk?

No. Are you? I swear, people have no ability to think back to who they were AT THE TIME. I'm sorry, but if you say, you'd not be bashing Tannehill if these were his numbers, YOU ARE A LIAR.

281 469 59.9 3301 7.04 17 15 80.1

He put up better numbers than that on Sunday and people were bitching up a storm. I know, I know, the 17 TDs on the season were all at EXACTLY the right times. I'm sure..... He elevated the defense and runnig game, blah, blah, blah.....

Lol, La Canfora saying this. More funny stuff he write. La Canfora is a moron.

Dilfer won 11 straight with the season on the line averaging 27 per game. His stats may not have been great but he made timely plays got the Ravens out to early leads and didn't make a lot of mistakes. The most Ryan has ever won in a row is 3 games.

Really hard to accumulates stats while handing the ball off......

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

You need to share some of what you are smoking with the rest of us.

If you were smoking the proctologist would have some embarrassing questions for you.

Let me sort this out for you. You highlighted what I wrote "Usually" You did not highlight my next question, How many Trent Dilfers get their teams there often?
So if you were fair enough in evaluating my "Contradictions" you'd actually read what I wrote instead of past them to get to your reply.
Of the SB's you listed, wouldn't 2 of those names, Dilfer and Johnson be classified under my question you omitted to highlight?
Your list is proof about what I said, that you need the Eli's, Bradys, Big Bens, Rodgerseses, and Breeseses to even GET you there. This is my point. And the more chances you get to get you to the SB, the more opportunities you have to win it all. All I'm sayin'.

How many times did Aaron Rodgers get his team there?

Only 4 of the last 15 SBs were won by QBs considered elite at the time they won. PERIOD. Eli has to answer that question after winning TWO. Joe Flacco is not considered a great QB.

Roethlisberger had consecutive 8-8 seasons after winning two SBs. How is that possible? BECAUSE IT IS A TEAM SPORT. #QBWINZ is made up by the NFL to sell jerseys.

Oh lord . He we go with this nonsense .

blah blah blah.

Thank god it isn't the fans who are running the team , because although we have some awesome fans on here ... We also have some idiotic ones .

Idiotics ones being the ones who think guys like Wilson are tier 1 qbs just because they made it to the Super Bowl .

It's called great defense and running game . ( see Kaepernick )

No point in arguing this nonsense . I'll take Tannehill over more than half the league .

He's probably sitting in the top 14 right now as far ranks go if you were drafting a QB today .

He's not the main problem . And don't come with that " he's not the solution either " bs .

Only a few qbs in the league are " solutions " .

That being....

Brady , Rodgers .....

Stop there , the rest need a lot of help to be able to win a Super Bowl.

To tell you how misleading stats are . . . the only QB's to post a perfect 158.3 rating this year are Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill. Maybe we should group those 3 together and call them a "tier".

Back
Top Bottom