La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La Canfora says RT is a third tier QB...ouch!

Anyone see Brady take over the fourth qtr yesterday and knock that ball loose from OBJ? How bout that 54 yd FG he booted to win the game. What a helluva team that Brady is.

Apparently Aaron Rodgers hasn't played the past three Sunday because the Packers lost, and the real Aaron Rodgers would have transcended the team's weaknesses and won the games.

I'm more concerned about our offensive line depth, our linebackers, our safety and our D-line than THill.

The thing is, even if we had great talent at all of those positions...

the NFL today is ULTRA, ridiculously competitive.

The games are usually very close and decided in the 4th quarter.

You NEED a clutch QB to consistently win.

He does not have to be Aaron Rodgers,

but he needs to be able to make the play and convert on 3rd down,

and to convert on broken plays,

and to read defenses well enough to be able to convert when the play does not develop immediately.

Those are all things that RT does not do well.

Anyone see Brady take over the fourth qtr yesterday and knock that ball loose from OBJ? How bout that 54 yd FG he booted to win the game. What a helluva team that Brady is.

I saw him complete a near perfect Winning FG drive from the QB position. Without it they never have a chance to kick that FG. Give the guy some credit.

That guy doesn't exist.

Let me ask you a simple question. If that guy exists (lets say Brady is that guy), why the F**K would NE bother attempting to build the best roster they can around him? It shouldn't matter. Why spend money on Gronk when any old TE will do with the magician throwing the ball? What were the Randy Moss and Wes Welker signings for?

Or even building up the defense to help out Tom Brady and the offense. It's not shocking that they finally won a superbowl after a decade of being unable to win it all happens when Gronk is healthy and they load up the defense with elite talent.

I saw him complete a near perfect Winning FG drive from the QB position. Without it they never have a chance to kick that FG. Give the guy some credit.

Threw a pass right into a wide open defender that dropped the ball. Pretty far from near perfect.

I don't know if I would call that near perfect. One missed interception, 2 bad throws to get to 4th down, and then some bad coverage by the Giants as they let a 4 yard throw turn into a 10 yard gain to set up the field goal. It wasn't pretty, but he made it happen.

That guy doesn't exist.

Let me ask you a simple question. If that guy exists (lets say Brady is that guy), why the F**K would NE bother attempting to build the best roster they can around him? It shouldn't matter. Why spend money on Gronk when any old TE will do with the magician throwing the ball? What were the Randy Moss and Wes Welker signings for?

Let me give you a simple answer. What bang up super awesome receivers does Brady throw to? Gronk yes. Edelman? Lafell? Amendola? On other teams with other qb's--no.
Brady, let's say, is the one person delivering those passes where they need to be, with the right timing, reading the defense and making changes before the play and generally using his talent to win in the 4th quarter.

When highlight reels and commentators say that Brady won with another come from behind win, they don't say the team came away with a come from behind win. Hell, they even have a stat for it right?

The thing is, even if we had great talent at all of those positions...

the NFL today is ULTRA, ridiculously competitive.

The games are usually very close and decided in the 4th quarter.

You NEED a clutch QB to consistently win.

He does not have to be Aaron Rodgers,

but he needs to be able to make the play and convert on 3rd down,

and to convert on broken plays,

and to read defenses well enough to be able to convert when the play does not develop immediately.

Those are all things that RT does not do well.

i saw him do all of those things against the eagles

Me too, but in case you forgot...

we just barely beat the Eagles.

We should have been able to close the game out on offense & we gave them back the ball.

We beat them when they had Mark Snatchez at QB.

sleep20masks204-1.jpg

5/10 with a dropped INT = near perfect. :rimshot:

Btw, no one is comparing Tannehill to Rodgers or Brady or (Old) Manning. The point of La Confora, how I see it, is that Ryan is Ryan, and we need to accept who he is, then build players around him. Coaching helps too. McCarthy and Belichick are pretty good.

An o-line is needed, and the coaching could be better. With time, Ryan shines.

Back
Top Bottom