LaConfora: Free Agency Article...Dolphins Take | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LaConfora: Free Agency Article...Dolphins Take

Am I the only one who would love to have Greg Jennings here? I dont think he's going to cost as some people think, and I actually think he is the LOWEST risk, he's a good fit for any offense but he is familiar with Joe Philbin, and he's one of the highest character guys around. I think fans would be surprised how much he could contribute to the team.

Dwayne Bowe drops a lot of passes and would probably demand more money than Jennings. Sounds like Brandon Marshall all over again.

Mike Wallace I think is too one demensional, and isnt an exact fit for Philbin's offense. And Wallace would be the most expensive and I just dont see Miami utilizing him enough, he would be more of a decoy and an occasional deep ball here and there, no thanks. But I think Tannehill could get the ball into the hands of Jennings more and he's a better route runner than Wallace. Speed is over rated, and route running is very under rated.

I like the idea of "building through the draft" but some fans on here treat our draft picks as if they are priceless. Whens the last time we drafted a talented WR or talented playmaker in general? The closest we might have is Reshad Jones. but in the last ten years, who else? Sometimes you gotta bring in some talented WR's. the Ravens didnt draft Boldin or Jacoby Jones and they were huge in the post season.

looks to me like there should be a solid tackle on the market and much cheaper than long...bushrod, beatty, winston justice if the colts can't keep him... i'd also be willing to give doug free a team friendly deal...he's a better tackle than he showed in dallas in 2012...not a guy on his way out of the league...

if starks walks a cheaper alternative is cullen jenkins and i'd be looking into his market...short term deal maybe 3 years...

don't agree with tagging sean smith but it looks like the corner market is gonna be thin...

i think in the end jennings will be here...but it happens all the time in free agency where a guy doesn't go where everyone expects him to prior to the process...one team sleeping in the weeds and then they blow the doors off any other offers...if you go off jennings pre injury tape in 2011 there will be many teams in hot pursuit...i just hope ireland comes correct with this offer or we could be the odd man out again

Wallace to the Browns is interesting, I struggle to imagine him in Cleveland.

looks to me like there should be a solid tackle on the market and much cheaper than long...bushrod, beatty, winston justice if the colts can't keep him... i'd also be willing to give doug free a team friendly deal...he's a better tackle than he showed in dallas in 2012...not a guy on his way out of the league...

if starks walks a cheaper alternative is cullen jenkins and i'd be looking into his market...short term deal maybe 3 years...

don't agree with tagging sean smith but it looks like the corner market is gonna be thin...

This is what really worries me about the CB market this year. There just aren't that many good corners on it, let alone ones that can stay healthy. Smith's agent knows this and this will definitely drive his asking price up. The more I think about it the more I wouln'd mind so much franchising Smith. I think the other FA CB's are just as risky as Smith but at least he's proven he can stay healthy. Plus then we would have that cap money next year to either sign Smith or look elsewhere. Any idea of which CB's hit FA next year? Also it would give the rookies we draft (assuming we do) time to adjust to the speed of the NFL, while possibly bringing them along slowly and not thrusting them into a starting role. One can only hope though that Milliner falls to us at 12 as after signing a FA WR, CB will probably be our biggest need come draft day.

Couple things are true here, and I think we can all agree...

1- the cornerback market will be overvalued based on UFAs. Draft is the way to go for DBs, bang for buck isn't there in free agency

2- If there is one area Ireland struggles drafting, it's offensive playmakers. Lets bring in proven guys that allow him to draft his strength...defense.

That's why I've advocated signing 2 receivers and drafting Eifert. Offense will instantly take off, and we wouldn't have to deal with the learning curve for a rookie WR. Draft a DE or trade up for Milliner. Win the Superbowl next year in the home of the Jets B-)

no idea on the cb market in 2013...most the high end young guys will never hit the market anyways...i don't think smith should be tagged but in the event it does happen it buys you time as in another year to take your raw rookie you draft this year and get him up to speed and is smith sucks you can lose him next offseason...i know one thing i'm more worried about having sean smith in my starting secondary the next 5 years than i am say one more year...if he improves you can always make a decision on him after the season...

but miami better invest in some corners with high picks asap...

This caught my eye from the article.

"The Jets know corner Darrelle Revis isn't playing for just $6 million this season and will be trying to trade him, sources said"

Interesting if true... :ponder:

Darrius Heyward-Bey from Oakland is intriguing. The guy is just starting to show the ability he was drafted for and I think he's matured past the 'project' stage to be an actual NFL WR that still possesses a ton of speed. He could provide much of what Mike Wallace does for a MUCH cheaper price tag.

Bey averages 500 yards a season. We already have that guy.....We need productive NFL recievers. Wallace and an early pick.

I just don't see Wallace being a good fit here with this current team, he is a deep threat, a one trick speed pony of sorts. We need a guy who can do it all consistently like Jennings, I don't think Bowe has the makeup this team wants so that defaults me to Jennings.

There are still plenty of cuts coming from teams who need to get under the cap maybe some other WR's will be options soon to go along with Jennings and the other two big named free agents.

i don't agree with the mike wallace is a one trick pony stuff...i used to til i started really paying attention to his game and the routes he runs...and the way he was used to do different things in pittsburgh...

i don't agree with the mike wallace is a one trick pony stuff...i used to til i started really paying attention to his game and the routes he runs...and the way he was used to do different things in pittsburgh...

its just the spin thats being used to justify not wanting to pay him top dollar around here. that guy is the clear cut number 1 receiver on the market and its not close. what is close is what is a better fit for building a team, between spending top dollar to get him or to save some money for a greg jennings. but he doesnt just 'run the fly'... and for a guy like tannehill who has the tools to move around and extend plays in the pocket, Wallace has shown an unbelievable ability to help his quarterback when things break down

its just the spin thats being used to justify not wanting to pay him top dollar around here. that guy is the clear cut number 1 receiver on the market and its not close. what is close is what is a better fit for building a team, between spending top dollar to get him or to save some money for a greg jennings. but he doesnt just 'run the fly'... and for a guy like tannehill who has the tools to move around and extend plays in the pocket, Wallace has shown an unbelievable ability to help his quarterback when things break down

This......

Back
Top Bottom