La'el Collins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

La'el Collins

gdiaz0358

Rookie
Reaction score
Do you take him if he is there round 2? He is a top 15 prospect who is being interviewed, and last I read he is NOT a suspect. This is going to make him drop out of the 1st according to "sources" and may even go undrafted? Should we take a chance on a potential probowl G/RT and hope for the best?

I am leaning towards taking a risk on this kid, very high risk or high reward if he is innocent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...el-collins-undraftable-unless-hes-exonerated/

Last edited by a moderator:
If we draft him, he will end up being guilty... of something

If we don't draft him, it will be a whiff because he was innocent

I'm in the minority, but I would draft him in the second round if he's still on the board. In other threads people are saying take him off draft board all together. If my pre-draft investigations showed Collins was a good kid with no history of issues I would have no problem drafting him. If he had some criminal background issues I would stay away, but until he's been accused of something I would draft him.

I feel like its too good to pass up, he hasn't officially been named a suspect in the case, so it could just be horrible timing. If we pull it off and he is innocent we can get a way with the best Olinemen in the draft.

....last I read he is NOT a suspect.

You'll hear that a lot when police are gathering evidence, but often enough it turns out the person of interest was a suspect all along and they wind up getting arrested. At this point, he's a huge gamble and without new information totally clearing him, we should stay away and draft a player who's not wanted for questioning in a murder investigation.

idk a little nervous about this one.....he doesn't seem to have much in his draft stock to make me comfortable exonerating him from this whole thing.

You'll hear that a lot when police are gathering evidence, but often enough it turns out the person of interest was a suspect all along and they wind up getting arrested. At this point, he's a huge gamble and without new information totally clearing him, we should stay away and draft a player who's not wanted for questioning in a murder investigation.

But you also hear police say someone is not a suspect because they're not a suspect. If investigators told him we need you back here now to talk to us that's one thing. If they said when you get back in town we want to talk to you it's another. For all we know investigators may have been okay with talking to him after the draft. People don't know what's going on with Collins and police, but are assuming the worse. Police have said he's not a suspect, but he had a relationship with the victim and they want to talk to him to see if he had information that might help them solve the case. People are taking that information and saying that means he's a suspect in a murder case, when nobody has said that.

To me, if he isn't guilty, he associates with people who are. Red flag.

To me, if he isn't guilty, he associates with people who are. Red flag.

I don't understand why people keep saying this. Who did he associate with that's guilty? He associated with a murder victim, not a murder suspect. I'm feeling really confused because you're the fourth or fifth person I've seen that has said this.

Another Baton Rouge Police spokesman, Don Coppola, told The Times of Shreveport the department's desire to talk to Collins does not mean he is being eyed as a possible suspect.

“Let me emphasize that La’el Collins is not a suspect,” Coppola said. “But we know he had some type of past with this young lady. We want to talk to as many people who knew her as possible to try to find out who is responsible for killing Miss Mills. The more friends and acquaintances we can talk to would be helpful.”

Last edited by a moderator:
The detectives are probably Saints fans, so I expect they'll be an announcement that he's been clearead when the Saints are on the clock.

Back
Top Bottom