lance briggs doesn't like the 3-4 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lance briggs doesn't like the 3-4

Am I the only fan that has a problem bringing in an expensive free agent linebacker? It seems to me that we should be able to find a competent linebacker somewhere in the draft, probably even beyond the first two rounds. Briggs was a 3rd round pick, and Thomas was a 6th rounder.

Now that we are sticking to the 3-4 scheme, we should be able to find the kind of hybrid linebacker we are seeking somewhere in the draft. I would trust Mueller and the scouts to unearth a gem before spending tons of cap room on a linebacker.

screw him then. The money these bone heads make they should learn to like whatever is asked of them. Damn.

I'm not bothered by this announcement at all. Why pay through the nose for a guy who doesn't even fit what we do on defense?

I don't understand all this talk about being a 3-4 defense. Is it just me or did we not use the 4-3 scheme much more than the 3-4 last year? Yeah we shift JT all over the place as an open end, but we're not a true 3-4 defense.

This just in from www.commonsense.com:

Lance Briggs likes MONEY. Sources close to the situation tell us that he will go to the team that offers him the most of it.

4-3, 3-4...whatever. He's going to follow the green. Woudn't you? This is his big contract.....there isn't likely going to be another fat contract waiting at the end of this one. This is his payday and he will make it count....as well he should.

I don't understand all this talk about being a 3-4 defense. Is it just me or did we not use the 4-3 scheme much more than the 3-4 last year? Yeah we shift JT all over the place as an open end, but we're not a true 3-4 defense.

That's true, but then again we really didn't have the personnel to just switch to a pure 3-4. I think it will be interesting to see what Capers does without Lord Saban overseeing everything. I'm sure there will be no drastic change just for the sake of continuity, but I'm sure Dom will do some tinkering based on what personnel we can get.

Capers is running the show now and he's more of a 3-4 guy. Yes, '06 was
JT 's best season, but we'll probably see less of the hybrid. Coaches coach what they know and Dom is one of the best so I'm not too worried. As far as Briggs, no thanks we're better off using that cap space on Samuel or Clements.

Am I the only fan that has a problem bringing in an expensive free agent linebacker? It seems to me that we should be able to find a competent linebacker somewhere in the draft, probably even beyond the first two rounds. Briggs was a 3rd round pick, and Thomas was a 6th rounder.

Now that we are sticking to the 3-4 scheme, we should be able to find the kind of hybrid linebacker we are seeking somewhere in the draft. I would trust Mueller and the scouts to unearth a gem before spending tons of cap room on a linebacker.

Maybe. I think the market drives what you can do. If there's more value to obtaining someone like Aldalius Thomas via free agency than a cornerback or offensive lineman "relative" (thank you Nick Saban) to what you're comfortable with in the draft, you go after him.

Rumors out of Buffalo are that we have Briggs on our radar. He fits our defense, we are in need of a LB, Jauron drafted him, and we are 40 million under the cap.

MLB - Crowell
OLB - Briggs
OLB - Spikes????

Are the bills planning on having a team next year??

The L.A. Bills maybe??

Alot of LB's dont like the 3-4 because it puts more pressure on them to make plays, since theres only three guys upfront. IMO thats kind of a copout, if you can see the field you know where the blockers are coming from, and you should be able to cover your man, handle your coverage assignment, etc. The 3-4 works well, but if the LB doesn't fit the system then its a sinking ship.

lance briggs doesn't like the 3-4 ?

I bet if someone would have asked JT or ZT which defense they would have preferred BS (before Saban), they would have indicated the 4-3. That was the one D alignment that they were familiar with.
But if you ask them now, I believe they would say the current one (4-3,3-4 hybrid) is the one they want to keep.

In my opinion....Briggs is probably the biggest Free Agent name out there overall

We run the 3-4 HYBRID, which is different from the regular 3-4...sign him

i just saw on kffl that briggs isn't a fan of the 3-4 defense..he said that he's more suited for the 4-3..the one thing that the dolphins can't afford to do is spend big money on a free agent who doesn't fit scheme wise..i guess we should set our sights on adelious thomas..although i remember that jt didn't want to play in the 3-4 either and that has worked out pretty well for us..what do you guys think??

We're not getting him anyways so it doesn't matter what he thinks of the 3-4.

In my opinion....Briggs is probably the biggest Free Agent name out there overall

We run the 3-4 HYBRID, which is different from the regular 3-4...sign him

Again, Most coaches coach what they know. I'm not implying Capers will forsake the hybrid entirely, but the Phins defense we'll see this year will be his.

He has carte blanche now so I don't think he'll spend additional time learning & teaching that coward's scheme. I just hope Capers is willing to be flexible enough to allow Zach & JT to continue to thrive by moving them around.

Back
Top Bottom