lance briggs doesn't like the 3-4 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lance briggs doesn't like the 3-4

um zach thomas led the league in tackles with 165, briggs only had 130
um Briggs has this guy playing next to him named BRIAN URLACHER...yeah, you'll see him play in the superbowl....yeah, he gets a few tackles throughout the year and is kinda ok.[/sarcasm]

We need more then one free agent to contend

Bears' GM Jerry Angelo has already intimated to Briggs' agent that if he doesn't sign, he'll be franchised. Briggs will not be available, and even if he were available he is absolutely, positively unsuited for the defense we run.

Adalius Thomas is also likely to be franchised. He's 30-years old and wants a 10-12 mil. bonus, and he's not worth it. He is surrounded by Pro Bowlers on defense--Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Trevor Pryce, Ed Reed, Chris McAllister, Samari Rolle, and future Pro Bowlers like Bart Scott, Halota Ngata, and Dawan Landry, in other words, Thomas is merely one cog in what is essentially an All-Pro team on defense and you don't know how much of his success is a product of his surrounding talent.

Thirdly, you don't build a team through free agency and the Dolphins are not near Super Bowl contention at this time. We don't even have a lot of cap space relative to other teams in the league. The Patriots have more cap space, the Chargers will have roughly what we have available, maybe a little less. There are a lot of teams out there, like the Bengals, Jags and Broncos who probably see themselves as only a player away from Super Bowl contention, those are the teams that go out and make a big signing, not teams with multiple needs and relatively little cap space. You build through the draft, re-sign the players you absolutely cannot replace, and sign free agents for depth. That's the Patriots philosophy. It's the Steelers philosophy, it should be ours.

i just saw on kffl that briggs isn't a fan of the 3-4 defense..he said that he's more suited for the 4-3..the one thing that the dolphins can't afford to do is spend big money on a free agent who doesn't fit scheme wise..i guess we should set our sights on adelious thomas..although i remember that jt didn't want to play in the 3-4 either and that has worked out pretty well for us..what do you guys think??
we play 3-4 and 4-3 variety....show him the bucks he will come and thirve in our defense its player friendly kinda like the broncos running game.....Thomas will be a better fit by far i wanna see us get him........The onlt team that signs Free agenst who dont fit thier system is the washignton Redskins!!! LOL
Adam Archuleta + Sean Taylor= Bad combo

we have a grest d I dont think there is a defenive player out there who wouldnt see a good thing to sign with us

Back
Top Bottom