lance shulters for safety | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lance shulters for safety

I don't think he'd ask for too too much. Maybe Kevin Carter can help bring him over. He'd make our safety core pretty strong.

Regan21286 said:
He's only played 3 seasons. By that way of thinking, even Feeley's an old-timer. He's good at adapting to defensive systems and has everything you'd expect out of a FS. A definite upgrade over Bell and Tillman and should be worth the cost. If not, Schulters ain't bad.

He's played for 8 seasons.

Jaj said:
I don't think he'd ask for too too much. Maybe Kevin Carter can help bring him over. He'd make our safety core pretty strong.

Yep, certainly resolves one defensive issue, only have to worry about getting a run-stuffing DT then.

He's talking about Thompson. Schulters is 29 turning 30 in late May.

Jaj said:
He's talking about Thompson. Schulters is 29 turning 30 in late May.

Basically whatever the Titans don't keep at FS, we should get.

Regan21286 said:
Basically whatever the Titans don't keep at FS, we should get.

Agreed :cooldude:

Schulters would be great because he's still a very capable player and would add more experience to the safety core. He'd definitely help covering the deep ball which would be nice since we were scorched in 03 when teams picked on a slow Brock Marion and an out of position Sammy Knight.

Sorry no thanks. I'm willing to wait a whole year to get Laron Landry FS from LSU. I'm sure saban is all over him in the 2nd round next draft if he comes out. Natural ballhawk that can lay the lumber and he is quit fast for his position. Watch him play and you'll understand what i'm talking about.
Travis Daniels and Traverse Tillman will just have to hold down the fort till Landry gets here.

PackPhin said:
Sorry no thanks. I'm willing to wait a whole year to get Laron Landry FS from LSU. Natural ballhawk that can lay the lumber and he is quit fast for his position. Watch him play and you'll understand what i'm talking about.
Travis Daniels and Traverse Tillman will just have to hold down the fort till Landry gets here.

Schulters is a proven high-caliber starter in the NFL. Why wouldn't you want him.

PackPhin said:
Sorry no thanks. I'm willing to wait a whole year to get Laron Landry FS from LSU. I'm sure saban is all over him in the 2nd round next draft if he comes out. Natural ballhawk that can lay the lumber and he is quit fast for his position. Watch him play and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

We need someone to play there this year. Why not a guy proven to be a good player in the NFL?

Schulters is a proven high-caliber starter in the NFL. Why wouldn't you want him.

that may very well be true, but we're trying to build something special here. No more giving away picks is the policy. Besides, why trade for schulters and give him all that money when we can get someone that could end up being even better for less and at the start of his career?

saves said:
Thompson? The former Bengal? He was sweet in college but in the pros :barf:
I don't see how that would make you want to barf. Now, if we were going to take a naked fat 1000-pound woman and play her at safety, then I could understand how you might feel a tad nautious.

PackPhin said:
that may very well be true, but we're trying to build something special here. No more giving away picks is the policy. Besides, why trade for schulters and give him all that money when we can get someone that could end up being even better for less and at the start of his career?

We wouldnt be trading for him....wed be pickin him up as a UFA.

We wouldnt be trading for him....wed be pickin him up as a UFA.

Excuse me. I didn't know the titans let him go. Wouldn't hurt for depth. I wouldn't expect too much from him. 3 Good years doesn't make a career.

Back
Top Bottom