lance shulters for safety | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lance shulters for safety

PackPhin said:
that may very well be true, but we're trying to build something special here. No more giving away picks is the policy. Besides, why trade for schulters and give him all that money when we can get someone that could end up being even better for less and at the start of his career?

Nobody said let's trade. He's going to be cut June 1st most probably.

saves said:
I didn't even know what happened to him, I knew he sucked as a Bengal in their horrible secondary. He was like a 2nd rounder though,perhaps it was just the syste,
forget him he only returned an INT for a TD in Miami last yr in the opener. ????

Jaj said:
Nobody said let's trade. He's going to be cut June 1st most probably.

i think we should get him. But listen, the Titans already lost HALF their team...if Lance Shulters is gonna be cut from the TITANS out of all teams, doesnt that tell you something? Lance probably isnt that great if he is being CUT by a team who's already lost half their darn team. Get my point??

ItalianDolFan said:
i think we should get him. But listen, the Titans already lost HALF their team...if Lance Shulters is gonna be cut from the TITANS out of all teams, doesnt that tell you something? Lance probably isnt that great if he is being CUT by a team who's already lost half their darn team. Get my point??

That's not always true though. Thompson is the guy they're working to re-sign and he's a FS and they drafted Fuller to be the backup at FS. Schulters can't really play SS so coupled with a very high salary for a safety near 3.7m he's a prime candidate to go. Plus his deal only gets higher next year and the Titans don't have huge room under the cap right now. They will however next season.

ItalianDolFan said:

If he gets cut it won't be because of his ability (or lack thereof) it will be cap related. The Titans are in cap purgatory right now.

PackPhin said:
Excuse me. I didn't know the titans let him go. Wouldn't hurt for depth. I wouldn't expect too much from him. 3 Good years doesn't make a career.
Well, considering that 4.5 years is the average career length in the NFL I'd say 3 good years is pretty damn good evidence for someone :rolleyes:

I like Schulters as well. Even if its just as a stop gap.

Yeah, I think people are loking at this wrong. IF Schulters is released he would only be a STOPGAP. 1 or 2 years max and in the meantime, we would be looking through the draft to find someone. Saban has done this many times already. Holliday, Carter ( who will only see three years of that contract max ), Tillman and McDougle. Veterans to be brought in while the youngin's develop underneath or haven't been found yet.

Good solid strategy. I would take Schulters if he became available.

WHAT BOUT' IN HOUSE SAFETY"S???

I havent seen Yerimiah bell, Quintin Williams or Deandre' Eiland get any real play time are they that bad or is there any potential there??? But I personally And this is just me cant condone ANY ex-9er's on da fishys ? Except like the Gogan's or Raftman or Lott but those guys are all wearing depends now arnt they?

Back
Top Bottom