Landry is not getting a contract this season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry is not getting a contract this season

Gotcha. Yeah it would suck to lose another young star player after their rookie contract...it looks bad, but again they have to draw line somewhere. I guess if it is clear cut and he is too far up in la-la land with his price, the thing to do would be trade him - but is any team going to trade much for a guy who could hit the market after this season? Anyway hope it doesn't come to that....if it does, im blaming OBJ
Trade him to the Jets for there 1st next year.

Landry is not worth top 5 WR money. If these are his demands, I'm afraid you have to let him go. Parker, Stills and any big body TE are much more valuable in Gase's system than a slot WR.

pay the man his money and move on.. if u give cutler6 10m. juice should get his too......

Last edited:
Man, I hope Miami signs him. The longer the wait, the more chance of Landry going elsewhere. I guess the franchise tag could be used.

The scary thing is that if the Dolphins are using the New England model, we could see them decide not to sign Landry. This could especially be true if Carroo emerges.

Remember Rashad had to wait a year but was rewarded handsomely.

Rashad wasn't set to become a free agent.

The rising cap is nice to make some of your previous bad contracts less significant but everybody elses cap is rising too, which means the free agent market becomes less predictable.

If he has a Top 5 season then it'd be hard to justify not paying him as such. I don't think he'll finish that high but a Top 10-15 isn't out of the question.

True, but he won't. He's not that caliber of player, and doesn't deserve to be paid like one.

How does this Zeke suspension affect Jarvis? What is the story anyway? Where can I get it?

From this story it may be nothing.......but as typical, a kneejerk overblown reaction by the NFL going overboard to look like they are serious about ANY claims of domestic violence (even....apparently....when the female involved said nothing happened.....AND , it's important to note she didn't call police but a third party did):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-says-allegations-battery-girlfriend-not-true

"Landry's girlfriend, Estrella Cerqueira, released a statement Monday saying she had a "vocal disagreement" with Landry this past March and that police were called, although she did not call them.

Cerqueira also said in the statement that "there were no criminal charges" and that she "was not in any way physically harmed.....I would like to make it very clear that Jarvis would never, ever do anything to harm me or anyone else," Cerqueira said in her statement."

From this story it may be nothing.......but as typical, a kneejerk overblown reaction by the NFL going overboard to look like they are serious about ANY claims of domestic violence (even....apparently....when the female involved said nothing happened.....AND , it's important to note she didn't call police but a third party did):

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-says-allegations-battery-girlfriend-not-true

"Landry's girlfriend, Estrella Cerqueira, released a statement Monday saying she had a "vocal disagreement" with Landry this past March and that police were called, although she did not call them.

Cerqueira also said in the statement that "there were no criminal charges" and that she "was not in any way physically harmed.....I would like to make it very clear that Jarvis would never, ever do anything to harm me or anyone else," Cerqueira said in her statement."

Thank you! So only the person who called the police is claiming there was more?

Thank you! So only the person who called the police is claiming there was more?

I don't know....haven't seen more than that.......I don't even know if there is anyone claiming there was more.....it may just be the NFL overacting to avoid claims they are not taking it serious enough (remaining fallout from the Ray Rice thing) so they're following the "guilty until proven innocent......and maybe still a little bit guilty after that" process to an extreme so they cannot be accused of not doing enough or staging a cover up.

And if he goes to the Pats and puts up 15 TDs, you will all feel foolish again.

Wes Welker should have proven that to you, it wasnt that long ago. And Landry is FAR better than Welker.

Pay Landry. (It doesnt have to be this year, but he needs to remain a Dolphin.)

I can't see the Patriots paying Landry or any other receiver that isn't a young Randy Moss reincarnation top 5 receiver money.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but if the young receivers (Carroo, Allen, Stringfellow) show anything this preseason AND the FO isn't committed to paying him top dollar; it would be a poor business decision to put out trade feelers now. He is at maximum trade value due to his back to back 1000+ yds seasons (the legal issue notwithstanding)
The team could certainly use an upper echelon G or LB at this point and/or more draft picks.
If Landry is not in their plans next season, then now would be the time to trade him. Of course, I'm not privy to any internal discussions on his future so I have no clue how the FO feels about him and his contract situation.
I have mixed feelings on this because he is one of my favorite players on the team. I also wouldn't trade him unless I received maximum value for him. It would take a very good offer.

I don't know....haven't seen more than that.......I don't even know if there is anyone claiming there was more.....it may just be the NFL overacting to avoid claims they are not taking it serious enough (remaining fallout from the Ray Rice thing) so they're following the "guilty until proven innocent......and maybe still a little bit guilty after that" process to an extreme so they cannot be accused of not doing enough or staging a cover up.

So the investigation is by the NFL?

Back
Top Bottom