Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Maybe through no fault of his own Landry wasn't smart enough to learn complex routes so in the end Gase got all he could out of him by scheming around his limitations. However the writing was on the wall that he lacked the requisite intelligence to play for Adam

I’m glad Julius Thomas and Jay Cutler had the requisite intelligence to play for Gase. What an honor to watch them get snaps in Adam Gase’s demanding powerhouse offense.

Landry showed a pulse every game. I watched Jay miss throws, Julius whiff on blocks, the oline continue to be piss poor, Parker lack separation, Kenny used as a decoy, and watched a defense give up consistently because of how damn poor Gase’s offense performed because they knew no matter what they did the offense was just gonna let them down.

Do people even realize how bad Adam Gase’s offense was last year? Through 12 games, his offense scored 38 points in the first half . . . .that is “unheard” of. The defense put up 23 points in the first half of those games LOL. Yet the scapegoat is his most productive player . . . .its a joke and the joke was put on a pedastool because Gase demanded we spend $10 million on his friend that was sitting on a couch and our cap took a big hit in the process. Somebody needed to take the fall.

So yea maybe Jarvis wasn’t down with everything but Gase and his decisions and coaching did absolutely nothing to instill that the confidence needed and honestly, the offense was overrated the previous year as well.

Gase has got a lot to prove in 2018.

Not only that, they still offered him a pretty good piece of change to stay with the team on a long term deal.

It all sounds like sour grapes from both Landry and the Dolphins at this point

The idea that Jarvis is not a hard worker is the definition of comical.

Like I have said before, what Jarvis is doing right now I am not a fan of . . . .its over, handle your business in Cleveland and move on . . . . but make no mistake Miami threw the first blows when they dragged his name through the mud as some sort of contract negotiation tactic. It was tactless.

They were all good, but the frustrations of last year put tension on the relationship. Jarvis is a big time competitor . . . How anybody can downplay his work on the football field just speaks to favoritism to their own agenda.
I was pretty much insinuating that none of this made any sense. I can't really attest to how hard of a worker he is off the field though, but there have been a few reports of him not knowing the playbook, running wrong routes etc. Working hard isn't just about staying in shape, it's studying and knowing your assignments too. I think it's pretty obvious though that both sides are sour and are embellishing the truth quite a bit.

I’m glad Julius Thomas and Jay Cutler had the requisite intelligence to play for Gase. What an honor to watch them get snaps in Adam Gase’s demanding powerhouse offense.

Landry showed a pulse every game. I watched Jay miss throws, Julius whiff on blocks, the oline continue to be piss poor, Parker lack separation, Kenny used as a decoy, and watched a defense give up consistently because of how damn poor Gase’s offense performed because they knew no matter what they did the offense was just gonna let them down.

Do people even realize how bad Adam Gase’s offense was last year? Through 12 games, his offense scored 38 points in the first half . . . .that is “unheard” of. The defense put up 23 points in the first half of those games LOL. Yet the scapegoat is his most productive player . . . .its a joke and the joke was put on a pedastool because Gase demanded we spend $10 million on his friend that was sitting on a couch and our cap took a big hit in the process. Somebody needed to take the fall.

So yea maybe Jarvis wasn’t down with everything but Gase and his decisions and coaching did absolutely nothing to instill that the confidence needed and honestly, the offense was overrated the previous year as well.

Gase has got a lot to prove in 2018.

So what you're saying indirectly is that although Landry was a dumbass incapable of taking route-running to the next levels, he was, in a Tannehill-less, rudderless offense, playing with other dumbasses and in perspective, despite his limitations, was not the main problem.

So what you're saying indirectly is that although Landry was a dumbass incapable of taking route-running to the next levels, he was, in a Tannehill-less, rudderless offense, playing with other dumbasses and in perspective, despite his limitations, was not the main problem.

I just think frustration grew with the way the whole offense was ran last season and feelings got hurt all over. But Miami showed little class allowing Landry’s name to be negatively perceived during contract negotiations . . . Especially when they sit up here and overpay stiffs left and right.

Funny how they “learn their lesson” on a guy who more than anybody earned that payday. They loved each other for 3 years and he became a problem when that pathetic offense Gase put on the field was averaging 3 points a game in the first half of games . . . Yet he became a TD producer and outlet for poor QB play.

Julius Thomas made 7 million last year, Jarvis made less than 4 million in 4 years. Yea he was sour with the way things went when he puts it all on the line every week.

I just think frustration grew with the way the whole offense was ran last season and feelings got hurt all over. But Miami showed little class allowing Landry’s name to be negatively perceived during contract negotiations

I think I may have missed this. Would you mind elaborating a bit on what happened?

I just think frustration grew with the way the whole offense was ran last season and feelings got hurt all over. But Miami showed little class allowing Landry’s name to be negatively perceived during contract negotiations . . . Especially when they sit up here and overpay stiffs left and right.

Funny how they “learn their lesson” on a guy who more than anybody earned that payday. They loved each other for 3 years and he became a problem when that pathetic offense Gase put on the field was averaging 3 points a game in the first half of games . . . Yet he became a TD producer and outlet for poor QB play.

Julius Thomas made 7 million last year, Jarvis made less than 4 million in 4 years. Yea he was sour with the way things went when he puts it all on the line every week.

I think the smearing happened once the trade speculation became real. The only negative ahead of time and during the season was they liked his heart on the field they did not like his effort in film studies

Landry wasn’t the ONLY problem, far from it. We all know Cutler was the biggest issue, and there were many overpaid players on both sides of the ball simply mailing it in.

But face-of-franchise players demand extra scrutiny and a realistic assessment of what they bring, in what ways they limit you, and how much they cost. The fact that Landry was not an appropriate cornerstone for this team moving forward doesn’t negate his prior effort and at times great play.

Suh also was determined not to be an appropriate cornerstone player.

Back
Top Bottom