Landry Trade Rumor Talk | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry Trade Rumor Talk

Landry has The 3rd highest broken tackle forced percentage and has been in the top 3 regularly since he went pro. Tate and Baldwin are the other 2 from 2016 I think.

Stills has elite yards per catch stats and Parker should have elite contested catch completion percentage numbers.

They are 3 elite, complementary players. Very difficult to fit them all but if you can you have a perennial contending offense every year.

Last edited:
Pretty good coaching staff as well. Greg Williams is a very legit DC and their OL coach Bob Wylie is fantastic.

Their OL is top 3 as far as athleticism along with Tennessee and Dallas. Those teams understand the importance of Athleticism at the OL position.

5 years 60M. Do it.

It mostly is about money, because NFL teams are ruthless when it comes to releasing underperforming players.

I can't see Miami paying $15M for him, but 10M-12M is certainly doable. Probably something similar to the Doug Baldwin contract.

I think that's the problem. If he wanted 5 years $60M, I think it would be done already. I've heard that his floor is $14M and that's with a player option on the 5th year. No way we're doing that. No way we're doing 5 years $75M either ... not for a slot guy. I think this is where the rubber hits the road. Does Landry want to be in Miami, or does Landry want to maximize his salary somewhere else? It seems clear that Miami isn't considering the numbers the Landry camp is saying it requires at this point. What his real demands and feelings about the team are ... I don't really know.

So I am in no reason trying to be the “I told you so” guy but the reliable person referenced below from last year is my best friend who worked for the team for the last decade or so and now no longer works for the team. He traveled with the team every away game, was at every practice, in the locker room he was around the team ALOT. The below story is 100% true, I did not want to get more specific at the time because my buddies job could have been on the line. But Landry was not a good locker room guy and the coaches did NOT like him. Jefferson wanted him to miss a week of practice during training camp last year for not finishing his routes. My buddy said since Gase became head coach Landry did not take to him. I know the is all a mute point now since he’s not on the team but all this Landry talk and him bashing the fins. He is not who most of you thought he was as far as being the team guy.

I have a reliable person who is around team everyday tell me gase and also wr coach Jefferson do not have a good relationship with Landry. Landry for whatever reason has never taken to Gase. Media never reported it but in training camp Landry was sent to locker room for not finishing a route which led to a pick, Jefferson was heard saying he wanted him to sit out practice for a week and gase (probably jokingly) said he'll ship his *** to cleveland. Gase and the coaches view the wr team leader as Stills. I don't think any sort of trade is imminent but his reputation as "team guy" is not shared by the coaches.

What the heck is this thread necromancy?!?

So I am in no reason trying to be the “I told you so” guy but the reliable person referenced below from last year is my best friend who worked for the team for the last decade or so and now no longer works for the team. He traveled with the team every away game, was at every practice, in the locker room he was around the team ALOT. The below story is 100% true, I did not want to get more specific at the time because my buddies job could have been on the line. But Landry was not a good locker room guy and the coaches did NOT like him. Jefferson wanted him to miss a week of practice during training camp last year for not finishing his routes. My buddy said since Gase became head coach Landry did not take to him. I know the is all a mute point now since he’s not on the team but all this Landry talk and him bashing the fins. He is not who most of you thought he was as far as being the team guy.

I never heard that story but I do know as the season went on the staff did have issues with Juice and his refusal to learn the more complex routes and focus more on hero ball

The part that I love most about your scoop is Gase muttering "I'll ship his *** to Cleveland."

If this is true then can someone please explain to me why the offense ran through him? It makes little to no sense to force feed a player who has an attitude problem, doesn't always work hard, doesn't bother to learn the playbook, and has limited production in comparison to the number of targets he received.

If this is true then can someone please explain to me why the offense ran through him? It makes little to no sense to force feed a player who has an attitude problem, doesn't always work hard, doesn't bother to learn the playbook, and has limited production in comparison to the number of targets he received.

I can think of a few possible reasons:
1) He's still a good player.
2) The problem(s) probably initially seemed fixable.
3) The problem(s) probably worsened over time.
4) It probably takes time for a new HC to feel comfortable enough to jettison FO darlings for culture reasons, if ever.
5) It probably takes time for an [insecure] rookie HC to say, "No, you know what? It's not me. This player just isn't working for us." and "We'll really be better off without him."
6) It probably takes time for a raw HC to identify what's REALLY holding his team back, and then even more time for the right opportunity to do something about it.

I can think of a few possible reasons:
1) He's still a good player.
2) The problem(s) probably initially seemed fixable.
3) The problem(s) probably worsened over time.
4) It probably takes time for a new HC to feel comfortable enough to jettison FO darlings for culture reasons, if ever.
5) It probably takes time for an [insecure] rookie HC to say, "No, you know what? It's not me. This player just isn't working for us." and "We'll really be better off without him."
6) It probably takes time for a raw HC to identify what's REALLY holding his team back, and then even more time for the right opportunity to do something about it.

Great response!

Throw in Ajayi in this as well. I'd bet that if Gase had a do over, he would have traded both in 2016.

I never heard that story but I do know as the season went on the staff did have issues with Juice and his refusal to learn the more complex routes and focus more on hero ball
Maybe through no fault of his own Landry wasn't smart enough to learn complex routes so in the end Gase got all he could out of him by scheming around his limitations. However the writing was on the wall that he lacked the requisite intelligence to play for Adam

Not only that, they still offered him a pretty good piece of change to stay with the team on a long term deal.

It all sounds like sour grapes from both Landry and the Dolphins at this point

The idea that Jarvis is not a hard worker is the definition of comical.

Like I have said before, what Jarvis is doing right now I am not a fan of . . . .its over, handle your business in Cleveland and move on . . . . but make no mistake Miami threw the first blows when they dragged his name through the mud as some sort of contract negotiation tactic. It was tactless.

They were all good, but the frustrations of last year put tension on the relationship. Jarvis is a big time competitor . . . How anybody can downplay his work on the football field just speaks to favoritism to their own agenda.

Back
Top Bottom