Larry Johnson + 4th rd for | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Johnson + 4th rd for

Eric-Gofins said:
Yeah because again Johnsons stats sucked compared to our fins RB team..

your right.. because his 9 tds dont really matter in football..in meaningless games his 4.8 yards per carry is nothing special.... his 2000 yds in a single season in college is not much...

The college stat is pointless correct. See, now you are catching on.

His numbers last year are a joke as he played in garbage time in garbage games. Early in the year when the games mattered he did nothing. Didn't even suit up for most games.

You are also forgetting we give up a Pro Bowl CB to acquire this mediocre RB! :shakeno:

JAREDMANN said:
maybe not just because johnson is not much better then gordon or minor but i would take it if we dont get offered anything better by the draft

Why? The trading deadline isn't till October. We could trade him within the first few weeks or month of the season and pick up a high 2006 draft pick. Players will drop with injuries and we could get better value later on.

I really don't understand how some of you think. This is a 1st round running back who happens to sit behind this guy named... Preist?. If you don't think LJ has as much value as a 2nd rounder than you are crazy

MikeO said:
For the #3 overall pick those numbers stink

The numbers aren't staggering considering he was such a high pick yes, but i think you and i have a different opinion of what a "bust" is. In my opinion a "bust" is a guy who has major expectations and does absolutely nothing in the league. Like i said Warner had an avg. NFL career, nothing spectacular but not a bust. Anyways why am i defending this guy?? LoL. I like Johnson i think he should come here because KC won't offer any high draft picks. Hows that? :D Even though it wont happen. Cheers.

MikeO said:
Why? The trading deadline isn't till October. We could trade him within the first few weeks or month of the season and pick up a high 2006 draft pick. Players will drop with injuries and we could get better value later on.

Or every CB in this year's draft can explode into probowlers, and there will be massive competition in the NFL at the CB position as every team will have at least one CB with 10+ INTs, and several with 2-3 CBs with such stats. Then on top of that Holmes can blow out his leg in pre-season and Larry G. will being rushing for 300+ yards in every game he plays. :goof:

but for some reason I like your suggestion better. :roflmao:

MikeO said:
The college stat is pointless correct. See, now you are catching on.

His numbers last year are a joke as he played in garbage time in garbage games. Early in the year when the games mattered he did nothing. Didn't even suit up for most games.

You are also forgetting we give up a Pro Bowl CB to acquire this mediocre RB! :shakeno:

A probwol CB who has been ont he downslide for 2 years and only has 2-3 good/avg. years left in him. For a RB with a little NFL experience and all the promise any RB in this draft can bring. I think it's an easy decision, and if it comes up Surtain is gone, and Johnson will be here. Buuuuuuut it wont happen regardless.

bigbade said:
I really don't understand how some of you think. This is a 1st round running back who happens to sit behind this guy named... Preist?. If you don't think LJ has as much value as a 2nd rounder than you are crazy

about time we have some real people in here...

also we are giving up Surtain because we dont WANT TO KEEP HIM. So unless we trade him we keep his cap # and tag him next and maybe get nothing we need to keep open mind

bigbade said:
also we are giving up Surtain because we dont WANT TO KEEP HIM. So unless we trade him we keep his cap # and tag him next and maybe get nothing we need to keep open mind

I would rather keep him for year and lose him and get nothing in return. Then make a bad trade and get nothing. At least if we hold onto him we get 1 more year of a quality corner. In a bad trade we get nothing in return.

Larry Johnson + 4th rd pick for a future franchise player?

A future franchise player who wont play for us.

We have to keep that in mind. I love surtain and I know how good he is, but what everyone has to remember is that he is not going to be playing for us after this year....what good does that do us? We obviously arent getting any better offers for him, so if we got LJ and a 4 i think we need to take it. Johnson, with Lamar Gordon, would be a pretty solid backfield in Linehan's offense. Then we dont have to go rb at #2.

bigbade said:

It isn't that we don't want to keep Surtain, it's that we CAN'T keep Surtain. His performance, his character, and his age aren't the concern. His cap number is.

that what im saying... we can look at another position or trade down and still get a 2nd rounder... who knows...

and if anyone can run behind the KC online..... well give them Minor lol.... so KC has someone to backup Holmes...lol

MikeO said:
I would rather keep him for year and lose him and get nothing in return. Then make a bad trade and get nothing. At least if we hold onto him we get 1 more year of a quality corner. In a bad trade we get nothing in return.

ANd you think LJ and a 4th is bad but a 2nd is good????

Please tell me how that makes sense. What if the 2nd rounder busts. Or what if LJ wins the rushing title. Trades are mostly evaluated after the fact.

And seriously when did Surtain become a franchise player?? I mean I love Pat but come on.

Back
Top Bottom